[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
Is online dating just a meme or can it lead to a long term relationship?
>>
My friend is marrying someone she met off OKcupid. They've been together 3 years.

I mean the guy has 30k student loan debt with no degree, lives with his parents, barely has a job and looks like a balding gremlin.

But I guess it can happen.
>>
File: 1385892153627.png (124 KB, 448x352) Image search: [Google]
1385892153627.png
124 KB, 448x352
>>16529709

>Is online dating just a meme or can it lead to a long term relationship?

Met my girlfriend on OkCupid. We've been together for a little over a year.

We matched, talked for a few days, invited her over to my place for wine and video games and the rest is history. Its actually a really great way to meet women that you typically wouldn't have the opportunity to cross path withs in the real world.

A lot of people think its bullshit but the truth is that all dating is bullshit. All dating is chalk full of disappointment and awkwardness and psychos and dickheads; its not exclusive to the internet.

Try it out. If it doesn't work then the worst that'll happen is you'll be right back where you started.
>>
>>16529713
I fear to think how she looks like...

But no, Op, online dating leads mostly to mediocre ons and genital herpes
>>
>>16529713

Great attitude towards your friend who found someone worth their time

No wonder you're here
>>
>>16529709
Online dating will get you laid. But most girls you meet from online dating aren't long term material. If a girl enjoys the attention from online dating, getting dozens of messages from men, she's less likely to settle. It also gives them an inflated ego and a massive sense of entitlement. Even average/fat chicks look down on scorn and demand guys messages if they don't make them laugh or aren't "interesting" enough or hot enough for them.

Before anyone says "not all", obviously "not all". But this is what to expect when going into online dating.
>>
>>16529739

>If a girl enjoys the attention from online dating, getting dozens of messages from men, she's less likely to settle. It also gives them an inflated ego and a massive sense of entitlement.

..... you don't get along with women very well do you
>>
>>16529744
I do. I just call a spade a spade. Whether it sounds bitter/jaded or not, is not my problem. I look at things objectively.
>>
>>16529713
>>16529724
Should I do it, should I sign up on Okcupid and try it out? I'm 24 and never dated a girl before and quite shy to talk them in real life.
>>
Well, I met a girl on one of those stickam type sites 5+ years ago and we talked on skype for 3 straight years and ended up in an LDR for a year and then just last August I took a plane out to meet her in person in another state and we have been living together ever since. So ... there is hope man..
>>
My brother met a woman online. She seemed pretty cool at first but then red flags started popping up. She talked him into getting married right away. She ended up stealing his identity, racking up thousands in debt, pawning his stuff and dying from a drug overdose. So yeah it can happen but I wouldn't really suggest it. Especially if you are a naive person (too trusting, too desperate, etc)
>>
File: 1386498370761.png (441 KB, 458x598) Image search: [Google]
1386498370761.png
441 KB, 458x598
>>16529755

>Whether it sounds bitter/jaded or not, is not my problem

Yeah, because dudes who are bitter/jaded about women usually have wildly successful love lives. If you had any experience with women you'd know that everything you said was absolutely inaccurate.

Your poor language and stereotypical "all women are attention whores" mindset says more about you than your poor attempt at spinning your weak argument into intellect.
>>
File: 1382088835139.png (174 KB, 266x273) Image search: [Google]
1382088835139.png
174 KB, 266x273
>>16529774

>Should I do it, should I sign up on Okcupid and try it out? I'm 24 and never dated a girl before and quite shy to talk them in real life.

Do it. There's no downside really. If you don't find a girlfriend you'll just be right back where you started. Nothin to lose brochacho.
>>
>>16529736
I used to work with the dumb fuck

And she's trying to go to med school and she's stuck with that loser so it'll turn out great obviously
>>
>>16529797
Are you implying I don't have experience with women? Why do you think I said you can use dating websites to get laid? Do you have reading comprehension or something? Furthermore, ad-hominem attacks and grammar attacks, are the arguments of people that can't debate properly. Any well reasoned person who has spent years on/off these websites will tell you the same thing.

http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/your-looks-and-online-dating/

Don't take my word for it, there's a study showing that females on dating websites don't understand what "average looking" means. Which ties in to the sense of entitlement and ego dating websites causes.
>>
>>16529709
>She seemed pretty cool at first but then red flags started popping up

This is online dating in a nutshell. Happened to me 3 times. Each odder than the other.
>>
>>16529800
Just get ready to cope with a ton of rejection.
Other than that, yeah its pretty fun talking to women now and then without much effort
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.