[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does this sound insane? > Mint & Blue Curacao Egg Nog
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: LEMON LIME FOR THE LAST TIME.png (42 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
LEMON LIME FOR THE LAST TIME.png
42 KB, 500x500
Does this sound insane?

> Mint & Blue Curacao Egg Nog French Toast, topped with Chocolate and Candy Cane Pieces.

Seriously. Would you eat that? Would the orange and mint flavors go together? Would they go with the slight savouryness of bread? send help
>>
Too much.
>>
>>16528683
I figured it might be excessive on the sweet

I feel compelled to top it for aesthetic reasons. What's a good topping that won't make people go hyperglycemic immediately
>>
>>16528688
slivered almonds
>>
>>16528695
almonds are expensive as shit, man
>>
>>16528688
Not excessive on the sweet, just excessive in general. French toast doesn't seem to go well with peppermint imo, and I don't know how well both chocolate and orange would go with egg nog, I say stick to just egg nog and chocolate
>>
>>16528699
>Blue Curacao Egg Nog
>in french toast
>won't use 6 almonds

fuck you dude
>>
>>16528701
Yeah I'm thinking that this might be the best option since I just ate one of the candy canes I bought to bake/cook with, and it's not minty at all. It's not even that sweet.

I'm tempted to axe the whole food thing entirely and just make egg nog with blue curacao and do something else with the chocolate instead of french toast
>>
>>16528712
What are you even trying to do?
>>
>>16528716
I'm going to a potluck and I wanna bring something nice and fairly fancy, that's about it

shit nigga I'm even gonna iron my shirt for this one
>>
>>16528723
French toast for a potluck sounds nasty. It'll go soggy by the time you get there. Maybe see if you can make a peppermint egg nog milkshake which you can top with chocolate shavings and crushed candy canes or something when you get there?
>>
>>16528738
I'm opposed to a milkshake, but yeah, making just a liter or two of egg nog and bringing the other stuff in containers as garnish might be a better idea. egg nog with garnish seems like a more viable and more fun idea than breakfast foods. The chocolate is in chips, so it's inappropriate as drink garnish, but I could look stuff up and see if I could make hot chocolate syrup out of it or something to prepare when I get there.

It's an alcohol free function so I feel like drinks will be neglected; egg nog may end up being more appreciated than yet another plate of food. If I can find a cheap milk frother/very thin bodum, I could even froth milk to get yet fancier!!

It's a good thing I made this thread so these things could be realized
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.