[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 25 and just started a bridging at uni. I caught up with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1362722882953.jpg (621 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1362722882953.jpg
621 KB, 360x360
I'm 25 and just started a bridging at uni. I caught up with my neighbour whos 52 and started saying its too late and that I should just join the army. He says he doesn't understand why I have a girlfriend, says im a loser and that I'm a failure and to just join the army. Said I need to live in the now and that Im unemployable. I now think I'm suffering from anxiety and haven't been to the gym in 2 weeks. I dovt get to sleep until 3 am and cant stop thinking that my future is fkd.
>>
Why do you care what your 52 year old neighbour has to say?
>>
>>16527269
I sort of respected him, part of the neighbourhood
>>
>>16527263
anyone else had to deal with this type of crap?
>>
>>16527263
Ignore your neighbour, he's just being old and past it. My old man used to pull that shit all the time, you know, the "when I was your age", "back in my day", all that jazz. He never did manage to get it through his head that just because something worked when he did it in the 60's doesn't automatically mean it'll produce the same results today. It wasn't that he was stupid, he was a pretty clever man and did well for himself, and I don't think there was any malice in it either. Hell, in thirty yeats we'll probably be telling our kids to stop orbiting mars in their flying saucers and put more effort in to writing iphone apps or something.

As far as the Army goes, I'd say don't do it. I was in the Marines for a few years, but I joined because I wanted to - there were one or two guys who did it just for the sake of having a job, and they had a pretty miserable time. Apart from being a great way to pick up chicks and giving you some good stories to tell at the pub it doesn't do a lot for your prospects - being able to run a long way and shoot stuff isn't a marketable skill outside of the military.

You should definatley get back in the gym though. You'll have more energy and feel more relaxed.
>>
>>16527327
i get what you mean, i dont know weather hes trying to drag me down or hes just a projecting fukwit
>>
>>16527263
>I caught up with my neighbour whos 52 and started saying its too late and that I should just join the army.

He's being a miserable asshole bastard. Ignore him and do what you want.
>>
>>16527354
im confused as to why he would say such things
>>
>>16527496
He's healous of you and your youth because he's washed up and waiting to die.
Don't let him fuck with you, he's a scumbag for allowing his petty bitterness to affect someone else's life
>>
>>16527500
why would someone want to fk with someones head so bad, i respected this guy nd now im mentally fkd, pretty sure im going to see a counselor
>>
Sounds like he's trying to shit on you because he's miserable. Kind of like what a lot of people do on the 4chins, really.

Up and over OP, don't listen to faggots who only want to bring you down.
>>
>>16527533
i dont get old scum bags like this
>>
>>16527263
Professor writing here:

The others have pretty much covered what little you should care about your neighbor. I can only add the adage that "Living well is the best revenge" and succeeding in your goals will be the best way to defeat him.

I can talk with some authority about starting university at your age. Do it, and don't even think about being too old. I can report that university is not just for 18 year olds any more, and most schools have between 25 and 50% "older" students. So you won't be out of place, and there will be plenty of friends and support for you. (What's more, the odds are that you'll do well, because you're more motivated than the average 18 year old.)

At this point in your life the thing you have more of than anything else is time. So what if you're close to thirty when you graduate?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.