[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm working full time at work and doing 7 hours a week of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1391704321918.png (147 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1391704321918.png
147 KB, 500x500
I'm working full time at work and doing 7 hours a week of school. It's not hard to schedule but finding time to write massive papers is a bitch when you work full time.

I want to slow down and do one class at a time but it's already going to take my 5 years to get an associates (if I don't switch majors) at the rate I'm going.

Is there any way to make this shit less maddening other than going into debt?
>>
>>16526571
Stop being so shitty at writing papers. An associates degree is essentially 13th and 14th grade. People bang them out working 60 hours a week all the time.
>>
>>16526621
I understand that a lot of people are way more efficient than me. I work really hard on my papers and they always turn out really good. It takes me a lot more time than other people because I need to get really immersed in my topic. I can write a shit paper in a couple hours that'll get me a C but I hate doing that. I think everything will get a lot easier after next semester, I'm about to finish the only English class I'll need to take at this school.
>>
>>16526661
Time management is an important part of the college experience. Nobody is going to pay you to get immersed in the art of widget making and take 4 hours to produce a widget when your peer can produce 16 widgets in the same amount of time.
>>
>>16526661

Keep in mind that nobody will ever give a shit about these papers past briefly skimming them. Seriously.
>>
>>16526670
I get that I guess but I'm going into health care. I think my real world time management skills I learned in retail will help me a lot more than learning to spew bullshit onto a paper at a faster rate.

>>16526682
That's a good point. I'm lucky enough to have a really cool English teacher who is really passionate about the craft. She at least pretends to appreciate the work and detail I put into my papers. My future profs won't likely care as much.
>>
>>16526715
You're going to be spewing bullshit constantly if you're going into healthcare.
>>
>>16526715

Are you in love with her or something? Do you have dreams of becoming an author? Because if the answer is yes, you are probably being pretty irrational. If it's no, there is little explanation for your behavior past trying to find self-worth in meaningless bullshit. I am not even trolling right now.
>>
>>16526728
>trying to find self-worth in meaningless bullshit
I guess? Isn't it natural to want to improve your skills? Maybe I've been overestimating the worth of good writing skills in my future but it's just something I want to be good at. I don't think I'll ever make any money off of my writing but it makes me feel good to be able to do it.

Regardless, your perspectives have made me feel a lot less pressure to put a lot of work into perfecting my papers. I feel kind of ambivalent about it but it'll make my life easier for sure.
>>
>>16526751

There is feeling good about being able to write papers and there's the fact that you are working on your associates degree in radiology (I hope) or nursing or something. It's a matter of priorities.

I completely understand wanting to be able to write well, but...
>>
>>16526571
Professor writing here:

Forget about how long it will take to graduate. So what if it takes you 6 years instead of 5? Who would you rather be in 6 years, the guy with the degree or the guy who gave up?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.