[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Depression
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Tobi_is_Obito.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Tobi_is_Obito.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
I need help /adv/, lately ive been really depressed and i dont know how to go about telling my mom this, i want to get medication but idk if she would let me... Shes really sensitive btw so i would want to put it lightly
>>
>>16526081
Fuck medication OP just go out do more man, I'm telling you just get out there. It sounds like you want medication to ease the pain. There's better alternatives dude. Medication is just gonna fuck you up more in the long run.

Good luck.
>>
>>16526132
PLEASE listen to this guy he knows what hes talking about. Ive been through the same thing and it worked for me
>>
thats the thing, im shy and awkward, i dont know how to keep a conversation going. i feel worthless and like no one wants to hang out with me but apparenlty my friends think better
>>
>>16526136
ok, will do.
>>
>>16526132
This. I've spent years on anti depressants, anxiety meds, and stimulants. Didn't do shit.

What did do shit was getting a group of friends, a job, yoga, and being of service to my community, but it only works for as long as i maintain my schedule. If i start skipping yoga or service shit and staying home for 2 weeks because 'fuck it' it all floods back again pretty quickly
>>
>>16526132
This

Blah blah blah they work differently for everyone..

Whatever, I have tried every pill under the sun and not a single one did ANYTHING to help me or my anxiety. CBT has been helping me slightly but overall you just need to go out more and stop sitting in your self loathing room of despair. Because doing nothing only makes things much worse.
>>
thanks guys <3
>>
>>16526138
Don't think about yourself during conversations. I read most people who feel anxious while talking appeared normal to everyone else. The depression causes you to be self critical. Think about it, have you ever been talking to someone and noticed they were awkward and if so what was your response to them? Even if people can tell, it'll probably make them supportive especially if they're your friends. Don't be hard on yourself.
>>
>>16526141
>
you will have to start out slow but trust me it will get going soon
>>
ive been trying to make more friends and stuff, but you guys are a blessing. thanks guys, hopefully it all goes good>>16526166
>>16526173
>>16526267
>>16526132
>>16526136
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.