[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Girlfriend never seems to be happy with me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: photo.jpg (23 KB, 385x385) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
23 KB, 385x385
It seems like no matter how hard I try to be a good boyfriend. There always seems to be something I'm doing that's upsetting her/making her angry. Whenever I ask her what I'm doing wrong she either doesn't know, pulls the "I shouldn't have to tell you what to do.", or says " I'm tired of having to figure everything out" and pins everything on me out of "principle" or some stupid bullshit like that.

I don't know what to do, I love this girl to death, and when things are good their really fucking good. However she just gets moody really easily, and sometimes it feels like her desicion making is fueled by emotion and not logic.
>>
Its cos you got a small D
>>
>>16524865
Thnx
>>
She's either an emotionally abusive cunt or you're a genuinely irredeemable human being

If its the first dump her and find someone better

If its the second dump her and seek professional help
>>
>>16524860
women are pretty emotional breh but dont get oneitis with this one
>>
>>16524860
>"I shouldn't have to tell you what to do."

She's right though. By the sounds of it she may just be frustrated because she feels like you expect her to parent you or some shit.

Man the fuck up and start actually making desicions.
>>
>>16524860
>I try to be a good boyfriend
>She's always unhappy/upset about something
>I try to work with her
>She refuses to cooperate, out of "principle"
>She puts 100% of the responsibility for making this work on me, and refuses to take any herself, OUT OF "PRINCIPLE"

This doesn't sound like a partner-tier person.
>>
If she's upset about an emotional problem do you go up and say "What's wrong, how can I help you?" if so, then no, that's the fucking wrong answer. When someone is upset (even about dumb shit to you) they don't really want to hold your hand as you ineptly try to help. A lot of the time they also don't want you logically analyze their problem and look for solutions. They just want someone to listen and act like they understand what they're going through.

I realize if you're a highly logical person that this MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE, but it's what a lot of women want. Just someone saying "That sucks" then asking a question about it to show you are interested.
>>
>>16524974
>Fall asleep while text girlfriend
>Wake up to a few texts from her
>"morning hun... Sorry for not getting back to you, I fell asleep."
>"k"
>"hmm, is something wrong?"
>"guess not"
>"Guess not? Hun what's wrong?"
>"why are you acting like this?"
>"Because youre acting like your upset about something"
>"You're making me mad, stop."
>"Sorry"
>"k whatever"

And that's how the fight started.
>>
Why do people stay in noticeable unhealthy relationships because "when things are good, they're great but when they're bad it sucks." If you enjoy the great parts then why don't you find a relationship that consists exclusively of them? They exist but they're harder to find while you're trudging through a shit relationship.

If you can't even communicate with your partner you're already doomed anyways.

/adv/ must really have the lowest collective self esteem of any board.
>>
>>16524860
Here's what's going on: she doesn't even like you. She's stuck with you because of lack of better options and hates you (and prolly herself) for that. So every little thing you do is driving her fucking mad. With every day she'll detest you a bit more, untill, inevitably she'll dump you.
>>
>>16524991
That's some highschool level drama.

Doesn't seem worth the hassle unless she shits gold bricks.
>>
This is the way male/female relationships work. Other girls will be the same eventually. Change gf often. Don't settle for this shit. Move along.
>>
>>16524991

Because you kept pushing. Should have just dropped it. Girls act moody and upset sometimes and I don't think you're old enough to know how to deal with this yet. This is something you can work on and improve on.

That being said though if there is other shit going on, like you're just generally unhappy around her, afraid that everything is going to lead to an argument, etc, then you might as well just breakup and stop wasting your time on something that isn't going to pan out. Take the lessons you've learned and move on.
>>
>>16525032
>Girls act moody and upset sometimes and I don't think you're old enough to know how to deal with this yet. This is something you can work on and improve on.
This is such horse shit. She's being a bitch, and you're putting it on OP like it's his fault, it's his cross to bear. Yeah, most women get bitchy sometimes if you keep giving them a pass on shit like this then they never grow out of it.
Just ignore bitches when they act like this. You can ask them what's bothering them. If they say nothing, then take them at their word. If they continue being bitches, then ignore them and go play vidya.
>>
>>16525065
You are allowing her to treat u this way, reinforced
>>
Clearly you love this girl and don't want to lose her. By what I've seen I don't think she has poor intentions with you, she's just moody.

Here's something to try. Once tempers start to flare stop talking to each other until you've both calmed down. You're not going to go anywhere when your thoughts are being fueled by emotions
>>
>>16524974
>I realize if you're a highly logical person that this MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE, but it's what a lot of women want. Just someone saying "That sucks" then asking a question about it to show you are interested.

True.
"What can I do to help" is a good one.
>>
She sounds like a person with personal problems.
Maybe she's bipolar, depressed, going through menstruation, or just overall unhappy with the relationship she's in.

Either way, that's no excuse for her to treat you like shit. If this continues you're better off with another woman.
One that knows how to handle her emotions and can communicate like a mature adult.

Also, make sure that her feelings are validated. She might be genuinely upset at how incompetent you are at handling certain things or whatever.
Talk with her and find out what's the problem. If it persists then...part ways.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.