[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to become addicted to swallowing glass?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Is it possible to become addicted to swallowing glass?
>>
swallow a shard of glass and see if its possible to like it
>>
>>16524370
I did, before making this thread. It was more immediately soothing than smoking a cigarette. I'm completely calm now and not anxious at all.
>>
>>16524375
I guess that's your new thing.
>>
>>16524387
I wonder if this can kill me.

Probably not, the shards are small and I don't chew.
>>
>>16524399
I'd stop just in case. Maybe it's just the placebo effect of swallowing something? Try swallowing sugar pills or something else less harmful.
>>
>>16524407
They wouldn't have the same kind of a soothing effect. There's no chance that I'll randomly die.
>>
>>16524365
This sounds retarded OP, don't do it.
>>
>>16524413
Oh well then continue.
>>
>>16524365
Swallowing glass would be a form of self-harm and yes, you can get addicted to it.
>>
In the strictest sense of the term, you cannot becone addicted to eating glass. The issue is that there is no chemical dependency involved: glass does not contain addictive substances.

But it IS possible to develop compulsive behaviors that mimic addiction in most respects. They require different forms of treatment, which is why a distinction is even made. To the patient, these conpulsions feel more or less the same as addictions.

The compulsion to eat glass would probably be considered a form of pica: the compulsion to eat inedible objects. It's real, and it's common enough to have a name. Glass isn't the most common form of pica: that distinction goes to nails (not the kind that grow on your fingers, but the kind you pound into wood with a hammer). But you are not alone.

Will this kill you? It could. Stories abound of people murdering prisoners by mixing glass into their food. I suggest seeking help for this. As an intermediate measure, I suggest learning how to make sugar glass. If eating that satisfies your compulsion, it will be much safer: Hollywood uses the stuff extensively, because stuntmen can jump through it without harm.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.