[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you ween yourself from an internet addiction? I am absolutely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (260 KB, 878x1170) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
260 KB, 878x1170
How do you ween yourself from an internet addiction? I am absolutely dependent on online attention, and get massive fits of anxiety whenever I can't talk to someone, be on a forum, or generally have my existence aknowledged by an online forum. It wouldn't otherwise be a problem but I often end up resorting to self-harm or drinking to calm myself down, and if the conditions aren't external (such as the internet being completely down), I usually end up online anyway.

I'm too scared to talk about this to a professional of any kind, they'll just tell me to stop going online and consider the problem solved.
>>
You can't ween yourself off of the internet, it's all or nothing.
>>
>>16524339
But I start freaking out and doing damaging shit when I'm off of it.
>>
The answer is [spoiler] you don't. [/spoiler]
>>
>>16524342
Then get yourself committed.
>>
>>16524347
I was committed once. It was terrible and the other inmates were scary. It did not help at all. I'll rather kill myself than ever get committed again.
>>
>>16524311
I only got out of it when i moved and didn't have a computer for a while. (smartphones weren't a thing back then)

I just focused on school and got my shit together.
>>
File: forget.jpg (9 KB, 274x184) Image search: [Google]
forget.jpg
9 KB, 274x184
>>16524311
>>
>>16524358
Unfortunately, I have a smartphone. I am online at all times, and severely anxious when separated from it.
>>
File: 1413386610559.gif (2 MB, 415x212) Image search: [Google]
1413386610559.gif
2 MB, 415x212
It's kinda sad that people care about this shit.
>>
>>16524397
How do you stop caring?
>>
>>16524419
Convince yourself that it doesn't matter. No one cares about your opinions online and they're not needed for you to continue life. Just let it sink in.
>>
>>16524421
>>16524421
I know they don't care. But the illusion of having my existence aknowledged makes me feel safe.
>>
>>16524364
I was anxious too, nobody said it's going to be easy. Maybe getting rid of it is the first step you have to take.
>>
>>16524448
But I don't have an old one to use.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.