[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I asked my boss for more workers because are department is too
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1447038599961.jpg (87 KB, 400x656) Image search: [Google]
1447038599961.jpg
87 KB, 400x656
I asked my boss for more workers because are department is too swamped for three people.

My boss hired two people who are on reduced work load from other departments but problem is instead of putting them on while I work he took away my hours and split them between the two.

Now its even more swamped and I went from 40 hours to 20. I am one of the hardest workers at my job and are always getting daily good reviews. What is this shit? I feel like I am being punished for trying to help and make things more possible.
>>
Because our department*
>>
>>16524050

You wanted more workers and that's exactly what you got.
>>
That's because you are being punished.

Start looking for a new job. Your boss should do the same, because as soon as you leave that department is going to fail. At least he'll have collected his bonus first.
>>
>>16524085
Already on that Anon. Kind of mad though I was saving for some college courses I wanted to take but now it is not possible because of my poo hours.
>>
I think you should comfront him dorectly about it.
Not in a way that's accusatory, but like "oh ____, do you have a second? I appreciate you sending more people to my department like I had asked- but I meant "in addition to", not "instead of" the people we have already.
With the new people having taken over several shifts, things are even more hectic and busy now. Would you be able to increase my hours back to what they originally were while keeping the new guys also?"

bonus points if you have another job lined up so that if he says no you can be like "oh alright, well then I'd like to turn in my two weeks notice. I'm sorry but it's simply not worth it for me to work here if I'm only working 20 hr a week."
>>
>>16524131
Thank you Anon I am trying hard to get a transfer. It is hard though seeing its so close to christmas. I am on contracted work with them until January but if that department offers me full time I will be turning it down. The management is really bad there and they only give certian departments so many hours. I am more so frustrated that they did this without even telling me.
>>
>>16524145
I understand, your frustrations are totally justified.
Maybe this is a blessing in disguise, and you'll be a lot happier with where you end up.
>>
>>16524151
Hopefully I am saving up to get some last courses to get another certification finished for college. I plan on starting my own business but requires a lot of planning and money. Planning and orginization I have no issue with just hard in this economy to stay in entry level jobs seems like labour board and safety standard has been really dropped. The other day people working at my place were harassing a customer and made her cry she ended up calling the police. The only bright side is at least I look good.
>>
not shure what to do with the 20hrs thing, but when workload is too high in this kind of job, you just work as hard as they pay you to.
Best to get others to not sweat it either.
You get payed to work, not fuck over your body and mental health.
If you and your collegues can't keep up by working comfortably, customers will get dissapointed and the boss will know.

>Now its even more swamped and I went from 40 hours to 20. I am one of the hardest workers at my job and are always getting daily good reviews. What is this shit? I feel like I am being punished for trying to help and make things more possible.
there's two kind of people you should not expect to have any mercy on you, they will pretend to be sympathetic with you but it's all fake, they would sell your kidneys if you'd happen to fall asleep next to them!
these people are
>bosses
>landlords
>>
>>16524170
Customers have complained our place has a repuation of having the worst customer service. They do not fire people. One guy in my department has showed up late by 5 hours for his shifts three times in the last month.

One lady cut her hand open on a broken door that I was complaining about for weeks to the store manager.
>>
>>16524182
ok, then they will probably have reorganisations soon. your manager is just trying to save his own ass as he's an incompetent fuck and can't get more money to hire more peoples.

just work relaxed untill you find a new job. exploit as many benefits as you can (without actually stealing) and such but be subtle about it, you can enjoy this while looking for new job.
>>
>>16524223
They are making 2 million on a bad week and on a good week 7 million. It is a very busy place I do not want to say what company because none of the other stores do the stuff this place does if they got caught they be in a lot of trouble.
>>
>>16524228
if it's a big chain, HQ will not tolerate one store ruining their reputation, so if it really is worse than others, some reorganisation will take place.
If HQ doesn't know or care, you may want to inform them just to screw your manager over.
Tell them you love your company its values and such and how you think the situation at your store is an embarasement for the company's values.
It won't save your job though and remember that HQ probably gets hundreds of letters from layed off employees wanting to get back at their manager.

so advise stays: look for new job, don't sweat it and perhaps poke around a bit at current job.
>>
>>16524228
What kinda department is it?

Good luck bro
>>
>>16524239
Hq knows they have tried problem is its 90% of the staff. All the other stores know to they never reccomend customers to go to ours and I know managers at different locations. They should just shut down this location it is really bad workers steal a lot here. I have had people steal from me a bunch of times.
>>
>>16524258
have you tried talking to those other store managers? they have much reason to hire you!
tell them you value the company's values but feel you are held back in persueing them in your current place and would love to be of service in a place that actually cares about customers.
they'll love how you care about the company
they'll love that you have experience, even quite specific experience
they'll love that you recognize the value of customer service and are able to recognise when it goes bad.
You just need to show them you're not a deserting soldier without too obviously backstabbing your old manager.
>>
This whole place sounds like a fucking mess to be honest.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.