[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I psych myself out of this thought cycle? >think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6
File: H283BGG.jpg (44 KB, 536x503) Image search: [Google]
H283BGG.jpg
44 KB, 536x503
How can I psych myself out of this thought cycle?

>think I'd like to get a girlfriend/have sex/etc.
>"that's for attractive people"
>"you are not attractive"
>Oh yeah
>nothing changes

I'm trying to improve myself (i have lost weight recently) but there's been no marked improvement in my self esteem.
>>
File: 120px-Yatagarasu_A.jpg (4 KB, 120x112) Image search: [Google]
120px-Yatagarasu_A.jpg
4 KB, 120x112
And getting a girlfriend won't improve your self esteem either.
>>
File: Kotobuki_Ebi_inverted.png (31 KB, 515x515) Image search: [Google]
Kotobuki_Ebi_inverted.png
31 KB, 515x515
>>16524005
See, knowing that one's depression, or shyness, or anxiety or fear of talking to women won't be improved by getting a girlfriend is actually liberating.

You shouldn't have so much weighing on your mind when you talk to a girl. "If I could only get a girlfriend things would be better!" --Anxiety sets in-- "Oh Glob, now I've screwed that up again!"
>>
>>16524002
>>16524002
>and only 47 Sahelanthropuses in my Sahelanthropus account

If you're objectively making progress and your feelings aren't changing, you just need to work this stuff out with a therapist. There's no two ways about it. It's obviously a problem of thinking and not one of reality.
>>
>>16524005
These are the words I don't want to hear, but they're probably true.
>>
File: San-Gai-Matsu.svg.png (45 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
San-Gai-Matsu.svg.png
45 KB, 380x380
>>16524023
Let Freedom Ring!
>>
>>16524021
I've gone to on-campus counseling a few times (because it's free) but it doesn't seem to be helping. Discussions seem shallow. Neither I nor my family can afford professional help (that I know of).
>>
>>16524021
>If you want to deploy, you must have enough fuel units.
>>
>>16524019
I'm pretty apathetic when communicating with women now, because I know the bad side of the outcome won't really effect me. Coping with my SEVERE AUTISM has been hard though as asking a women out not like a robot is something I literally do not know how to do.
>>
File: 2015-12-01 16.41.58.png (136 KB, 335x334) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-01 16.41.58.png
136 KB, 335x334
>>16524023
Different anon than the one you replied to, but I went through the same self esteem issues, but got a girl friend. Said self-esteem issues led to fucking up the relationship, something I still feel bad about months after it happened. Its gotta be something you figure out on your own which I know is tough to hear. In the short run it helps, but not the long run. That said, shit like one night stands and going to the gym has helped me.

Adding someone else to your life to worry and think about becomes a whole new can of worms if you cant handle yourself. Trust me, its wayyy worse using a relationship to solve the problem.
>>
File: 1406861011945.gif (787 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1406861011945.gif
787 KB, 400x225
>>16524005
>
>>
>>16524099
What if I'm not into casual sex
>>
>>16524843
Then its gym time
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.