[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel very directionless in my life at the moment. Right now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 1416627271180.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1416627271180.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
I feel very directionless in my life at the moment. Right now I'm in college for a history degree. I don't see this being a very practical choice but I'd rather not go into business or something else I would just hate. My future plan was to teach history and travel during my summers to other countries. Traveling is the one thing I feel that makes me want to do something with my life.

I feel I'm being a naïve autist who just wants to avoid the grind of daily life.
>>
Right the fuck now go find a way to get a masters.
Get paid to be study history.

Don't wait until your 3rd or 4th year.

Trust me.

Right the hell now.
Talk to your profs, department deans, whoever.

Find out whose dick you need to suck to get into a masters program.

If you can get that, you can get paid to learn.
>>
>>16523870
Right now I'm only in my sophomore year. I don't even have a bachelor degree yet.
>>
>>16523881
That's the time you need to get on it.

You think that nerdy ass faggot is going to wait.

There's like 100 sophmores and like 10 masters students.

Who are you going to be?

Find the right path now. Find what you need to do.
>>
>>16523882
I'm taking classes to fulfill the requirements for my major right now. What else am I suppose to do?
>>
>>16523896
Volunteer.
Talk to your profs about what path they took.

They were like you not long ago.

Talk to your departement dean about pursuing further education.

Pretty much just talk to anyone available that you want to keep going
>>
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11 KB, 300x168
Take a couple of classes in teaching English as a Second Language.
>>
>>16523994
I've thought about doing this as well. I know there are lots of jobs that allow people to travel all the time, but I'm not sure how much financial security I would have doing this to get around.
>>
>>16523950
I have talked to some of my professors. I just haven't decided myself if I should stick with history or go with something more practical.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (59 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
59 KB, 1024x576
>>16524020
Teaching English in South Korea or Japan is common. Supposedly they would rather not have people with Education degrees, something like History would be better.
>>
>>16524039
Thanks, this sounds like something I could take some semesters off to do.
>>
File: dennc58d-coil-saatchi.jpg (557 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dennc58d-coil-saatchi.jpg
557 KB, 1280x720
>>16524053
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Exchange_and_Teaching_Programme
You gotta have that bachelor's first....
>>
>>16523861

Take a day off. Go to somewhere where people won't fuck with you (like a park, or the beach.)

Go for a walk. You're not going anywhere. Just take your time and enjoy the solitude. Start thinking about what you want from life--outside of social pressures and anxiety about the future. Try to be specific. Not "I want to teach history and travel" but more like "I want to teach history in Sweden and have a hot blonde girlfriend and a small dog named Barry." Or maybe you want something else. Maybe you have always wanted to be a great tap dancer. Or maybe you just want a bunch of cool stories. Who knows.

Spend some time really thinking about what kind of experiences you want. You are at a great point in your life right now, either to work toward the future or just fuck around and do whatever.

The daily grind isn't as bad as you make it out to be either. Grinding gives you more money in the future. Money gives you choices.

Anyway, sorry this post is so long, your question obviously struck a chord with me. Figure out what you want and chase it down. Don't let anyone make you feel bad for doing what you want to do with your life.
>>
>>16524067
I really appreciate this. I definitely stress out to much about my future and I can forget to take it a day at a time.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.