[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to truly not give a fuck /adv/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: darksideofthemoon cover.jpg (187 KB, 1987x1987) Image search: [Google]
darksideofthemoon cover.jpg
187 KB, 1987x1987
So for the past year or so I've become a lot more laid back, this has really helped with social situations, with girls etc but I need to know how to really go full honey badger mode. I still get nervous and fumble over words talking to people sometimes.
>>
By necoming mentally strong. And you do this by taking care of yourself and living with a positive mindset. Yet at the same time you shouldn't be afraid to have mean comebacks to people who critisize you in the same way.
>>
>>16523131
Congrats OP you've found the secret to happiness! Simply not giving a fuck, that's what most happy people have cultivated throughout their lives. I was honestly about to make a thread to help people reach this mindset but you beat me to it.

Anyways
>I still get nervous and fumble over words talking to people sometimes.
Don't worry about being nervous, just try and relax at anytime you can. Whenever this shit may come up and start to happen, just shrug it off, we all make mistakes. You'll get better and better, but for real you're well on your way to reaching your full social potential. Stay positive, stay sharp!
>>
I've been working on saying whatever I want. It's great. I can't believe the stuff I say sometimes but I've never been happier. Frequently I'll just not feel that way but more and more it seems I'm able to let my freak flag fly.

God bless OP. You're doing God's work by being unabashedly yourself.
>>
>>16523154
Not, OP but theres some that would appreciate your input as well.
>>
>>16523131
There is nothing wrong with fumbling over words sometimes. I do that shit all the time and just laugh it off and I've realized people will laugh at it then instantly forget it. The only person it's a big deal to is you
>>
>>16523190
OP here. I've moved past the "holy fuck I just messed up a word they're on to me" stage but I still feel like don't express my thoughts or sense of humour as well as I could. When I get into a good conversation with someone, it's always very interesting and we can always enjoy eachothers arguments, I just fail to organise my thoughts /words well.
>>
Thinking of things to say is often a problem for me too, which leads some people to believe I'm boring, or even rude sometimes
>>
>>16523219
>Thinking of things to say is often a problem for me too

Don't think about things to say, just say things, that's your issue. It's like freestyle rapping if you've ever tried it, you just have to get into the flow of a song and just say whatever comes to your mind.

My friend, who is in an improv community/team uses freestyle rapping as a warm up exercise, since improv is just literally doing whatever comes to your mind instantaneously. Maybe you should try it.
>>
>>16523231
That's where the problem sorta starts and ends again. If I say what's on my mind as it comes to mind, it may well end up being syllables and words strung together(incomprehensible).
>>
>>16523131
>>16523013
Honestly, it sounds to me like you'll end up regretting it. You already see yourself being screwed up from your own younger experience. Stop the cycle/chain, or whatever you want to call it. And next time.. don't come to this fucked up site for advice.
>>
>>16523243
Try talking to yourself. Pretend like you're debating and speaking critically about some sort of topic.

Kind of weird, but I've been, for some reason, doing this since I've been a kid.
Like I've always vented frustrations through monologues of what I wanted to say to a specific person but never did out of fear of conflict. Did it a lot in my angsty teen years, back then I would get super heated over fantasizing about calling someone out, I'd start yelling. Still do it once in a while, but I've tried to stop for the most part.

That's something I've never shared with anyone about, and I think it's why I have good social skills.
>>
>>16523263
Regretting not caring? That's sorts against the point
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.