[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to compete with ex?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 640x480
I'm not in this situation. At least not yet, but when the time comes and if I am; here is the context

Girl has ex bf. Ex bf used to impress girl, like making dinner and creative shit. Ex bf also comes from upper middle class/high class family; so he doesn't have a worry in a world. Basically, he isn't Chad but he's a confident, creative, and carefree guy. He's now out of the picture because he and the girl had a fall out and now the girl is completely over him

Then enters me. I come from humble beginnings so not rich or carefree; I've always been worried over money, my future, how others see me, etc. I never had a gf and as you can imagine, never prepared dinner for someone.

Now here's my question. How can a guy like me, if and when I enter this girl's life, ever be able to hold a candle and exceed what the Ex Bf was able to offer her?

Before anyone mentions sex for whatever reason, the people in question never had sex and wait till marriage. But they're as modern as anyone else in all other aspects of life. Aka, don't mention sex in this discussion as that won't happen unless we get married.

Open to all advice. Please respond
>>
>>16520660
Bump
>>
>>16520660
Bump

Come the fuck on, I remember /adv/ used to help everyone in every thread. I need advice from you people
>>
>>16520874
Bump
>>
>>16520660
Be yourself.
>>
>>16520660
Just b urself bro :^)
>>
Stop being a faggot. Realise there's always someone better than you. As long as you're improving you're on the good path. If she mentions him more than once ditch that bitch.

Stop being a little bitch.
>>
>>16520964
I wouldn't say better. I've never been in a position to have a gf due to my circumstances growing up; it's not like girls weren't attracted to me.

If anything he's better at me at; it is being from a good background financially, being confident, and having experience. I'm not being a little bitch, I'm just wondering how in the world would I be able to better than he is in her life as a bf. If it ever comes to that
>>
>>16520976
Like the other anon just fucking told you, work to make yourself better.

What do you bring to the table? You've told us in every post that this guy was financially stable and worry free (I am not sure what the fuck that means but ok).

What do YOU bring to the table?
>>
>>16520976
don't listen, you don't have to more than you are right now. just play your cards right. i'd recommend you read 'how to be a 3% man' by corey wayne really quick a few times, unless you wanna fuck up.
>>
Gotta say, making dinner isn't really all that impressive.
>>
>>16521086
What would you say is?
>>
>>16521096
People prepare and eat food every day, try something out of the ordinary. If you're not an expert at cooking, your dinner is probably not going to impress anyone, unless the effort alone is enough. Impress her with something special about you.
>>
Dude you can't look at it that way, for real. Sure, people will be better than you in some way. For example, her ex might have been a very good basketball player, but was shite when it came to jokes, like he had no sense of humor. If you have some sense of humor, then you're already better than that guy in one aspect. Nobody should look for the same as their ex. If she was with a chad and it was horrible, then she might be looking for someone who isn't a chad. If she still is looking for a chad, it means she isn't over that guy and that girl should be avoided. As other anons said, work on improving yourself. You may never be a basketball player like her ex, but you surely can be hundred times better than that guy when it comes to anything else.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.