[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it sexist to assume girls want to learn how to cook? The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1423585390222.jpg (65 KB, 470x650) Image search: [Google]
1423585390222.jpg
65 KB, 470x650
Is it sexist to assume girls want to learn how to cook?

The wife and I were doing some Christmas shopping, and I wanted to get an easy bake oven for her 10 year old daughter. However she became upset and said I was being sexist, assume she would want to learn to cook. She insisted I get her the new iPad Pro instead, so she could learn how to code. They started a Black Girls Code club (http://www.blackgirlscode.com) at her school and she just joined (even though she's only half black). I really think she should learn to cook though, since my wife isn't teaching her (she can barely cook herself).

What do you think? Which should I get her? Also, how do I appease my wife? She's still quite upset, and when she gets like this, she tends to withhold sex, so I'd like to get this solved ASAP!
>>
>>16519969
In today's society it may very well be considered sexist to assume your daughter, may want something geared towards girls.

But I guess that also means that me being a guy, and having got one for christmas when I was small doesnt automatically mean my parents though it was gay.

buy what you believe your daughter may like for chirstmas, and explain to your wife why, if she doesnt respect that ask her why. and if she gives you some loony feminist answer divorce her now because your saving yourself alot of trouble down the road.
>>
>>16519969
Nice pasta
>>
>>16519997
what this is pasta?
>>
>>16519969
>Is it sexist to assume girls want to learn how to cook?
If you assume only girls should cook and that guys don't need to learn, then, yes, that is a sexist mind set.

However, if your daughter hasn't shown any interest in learning how to cook, an easy bake oven probably isn't a great gift for her. Plus, easy bake ovens suck. If you want her to learn to cook, teach her to cook with a real oven.

In the same way, has she shown any interest in coding? And if she has why not get her something more simple like a Raspberry Pi? I think both of you need to look beyond what you WANT you child to be interested in and find out what she would actually want.

How about you ask your daughter what she wants for Christmas instead of shoving "learning how to cook/code" down her throat? Let's be real here: she probably just wants a new phone or a pair of Uggs.
>>
>>16520002
https://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/56837366/#56837366
>>
Wanting a touch screen only device like an iPad to learn to code is ridiculous. Any developer worth a shit will want a proper keyboard.
>>
File: 1379634525875.jpg (320 KB, 700x739) Image search: [Google]
1379634525875.jpg
320 KB, 700x739
>>16520041
>>
Is the mommy bunny in OP's pic a whore because she isn't covering her breasts?
>>
>>16520045
Threads like this shit up the board. Go eat a bag of dicks, roody poo.
>>
>>16519969
>complaining about your actions being sexist
>meanwhile your daughter is in a program that is limited to girls who have some African roots
>doesn't see that as racist
Your wife is a hypocrite.

Instead maybe enroll in cooking classes for you and your daughter to take. It'd be a great way to bond.

Also, don't call the kid your wife's daughter. You're married to the woman, treat her like she's your own.
>>
>>16520055
You're an idiot
>>
>>16520062
u 2 xoxo
>>
>>16520070
No, this is a troll copy and paste thread and has been linked to another version of said pasta. You got baited because you are stupid.
>>
>>16519969
Ayyy knowing how to cook is a skill every one should have, in this day and age. An easy bake oven isn't going to do this. Also you're a ceckhold for dating a single mother, especially one that spawned a niglet.

Also, is how I ended my advice racist?

Also, also, tryin to teach a girl how to code is like trying to teach an autistic boy social skills. Trying to teach a black girl how to code however, is like trying to teach a silver back gorilla how to give hugs instead is ripping you apart.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 512x512
DONT FEED THE TROLL

>>16520041
>>
>>16519969
tell her you weren't assuming anything and that you just thought she might like cooking. You were exposing her to a new area of interest that she may or may not end up having a passion for.
Turn it around on your wife. SHE's the one who's hypersensitivity to the patriarchy made the situation sexist when it wasn't. tell her you would have gotten an easy bake oven if the kid was a boy and that cooking is a hobby that children of any gender tend to enjoy.

how would your wife feel if she were limiting her daughter by denying her a potential passion? "NO honey, no cooking- that's too stereotypical! go find something you like that challenges gender binaries, like robots or coding!"
>>
Tell your wife if she wants to get your dindu nuffin an iPad she can pay for it herself
>>
>>16519969
this seems like clever bait to me...
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.