[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lost cat advice.. please
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Screenshot_2015-11-25-13-57-22.png (383 KB, 480x854) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-25-13-57-22.png
383 KB, 480x854
First time coming to this board, but I'm at my limit guys. I just lost my cat and I have done everything I can think of. I've put up posters, walked around neighborhoods, put food out called veterinarians, shelters. I live in a small town.. I don't know what else to do? Help this poor anon get her Cat back.. Pic very very related
>>
>>16519058
What happened?
>>
>>16519079
Got a new couch , door was open for like an hour nobody saw him go out. I was sleeping upstairs at the time
>>
>>16519089
Shit dude, I'm sorry, when did this happened?
>>
File: mugen.jpg (852 KB, 1824x3264) Image search: [Google]
mugen.jpg
852 KB, 1824x3264
>>16519114
The 25th, the day before thanksgiving. I'm really bummed out. I got him on the 19th of October. But he really dug himself into my heart
>>
>>16519133
Your cat looks young, and they can be a little dumb at that age. Do you leave something open in case he comes back? Also, did he had a tag or something?

I once found a cat without a tag and never found his owner. I still take care of him.

I also had another cat that ran away and never come back. There was another cat who was MIA for almost three weeks and then came back like nothing happened, and the youngest cat I adopted wants to escape every time I open the door.
What I'm saying is that you have to be strong because he might not get back to you, but there's a chance he is with someone that is going to take care of him.
>>
>>16519182
He was about 5months old, I took his collar and tags off cause they were bothering him and my local vet said that I should keep it off until it fits him better. He was all up to date on shots and neutered, what bugs me is he never really wants outside, and he's always by my side. (He never went downstairs without me being there).I'm really worried I put up flyers with a 100$ reward. I can only hope someone has him, and brings him to his home
>>
Try posting on Craigslist. Also see if your town/county has a "lost and found" page on Facebook. Mine does, and it's very helpful in getting the word out.

You could also consider leaving flyers with your cat's picture, the reward info, and your contact information at your neighbors' doors. That will increase visibility.

Aside from that, lost cats often get scared and hide close to home. Look around your yard for any hiding spots. Try putting food there.

Keep trying, and good luck. I've known cats in the past who would disappear for weeks, then come home when everyone was sure they were dead. My concern is that your kitten is young and might not have a strong concept of "home" yet.
>>
>>16519058
Your cat got out and booked it for a new home. Buy a dog since they are more loyal.
>>
>>16519230
I'll try Craigslist and putting flyers at doors. thanks for helping me out. You've made me feel a ton better. Finger crossed that I find him before Christmas. I was planning on getting g him a huge cat tree
>>
>>16519058
You should consider dog ownership, since they're aren't shitty animals that don't give a fuck about their owner. Also, they generally aren't so retarded that they won't come back to the person that feeds and shelters them. Unlike cats.
>>
>>16519280
My cat was just as loyal as a dog. He slept by me at night and growled at my be when he came in late at night. Dogs are awesome animals but I'm living in a place that doesnt accept dogs. When I get a bigger place I plan to have a German shepherd. I just miss my buddy, mugen. First cat to ever change my mind about how cats act
>>
>>16519058
I was dating a girl years ago. We went over to her friends house for dinner. About 20 minutes after eating, we start to hear faint meows. Turns out the her cat was missing for almost a year and decided to come back that night.

Did you look around your property, under or around the house outside?
>>
>>16519280
Sure. I had, honest to god, one of the most loyal dogs ever to grace this earth, little fucker was OBSESSED with me, and the one time he got out of the fence, he went careening down the block at a breakneck pace. Thought it was a game. There's no doubt in my mind that if I hadn't caught him he'd have gotten lost and been too fucking dumb to find his way back.

Fuck I miss that dog.

Don't worry, OP, your cat will turn up. Be grateful you live in a small down; people will actually give a shit and there's less traffic. I'd say you have pretty good odds.
>>
I just hope he's ok, temperatures are hitting freezing at night ...
>>
>>16519290
named him after samurai champloo?
just like the anime mugen always comes back for fuu
>>
File: IMAG0280.jpg (1014 KB, 1824x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0280.jpg
1014 KB, 1824x3264
>>16520016
Yeah, like samurai champloo. The first night we brought him home and played with him he used the same fast, untrackable movements as mugen. His name was going to be Kahlua, a rendition of killua for hunterxhunter. But mugen fit best. We call him moog for short. A friend said he saw him tonight. We went but no sign of him. Thanks for all the support and good wishes, guys! Pic of him sleeping on my head.He does this every night
>>
I'm sorry about your cat, OP. Hopefully you find him soon.

You could try asking >>>/an/
>>
>>16520319
Thanks man. I'll find him tomorrow. I have a good feeling.
>>
Good luck finding your cat! I'm sure will come back!!
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.