[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I formally demanded medical records and shit from the psychiatric
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1405824973395.jpg (5 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
1405824973395.jpg
5 KB, 251x251
So I formally demanded medical records and shit from the psychiatric institutions I used to be treated by. Most information arrived, but some stuff is missing, such as diagnosis and concluding statements.

Today my dad told me that my regional mental health institution doesn't want to provide me therapy because it's afraid that I will sue them for medical malpractice.

What the fuck is this shit? Can they even do that? It's a state institution. I used to be followed up by a psychiatrist in that institution, and now they don't even want to provide me therapy. There are no free therapists available in my area by the way - only them.
>>
Also, is it possible to handle a serious psychiatric disorder without therapy - only with medication?
>>
This is firmly in the "talk to a lawyer" territory.
>>
>Hi, I'm crazy.
>I want my medical records for no reason.
>>
>>16518270
>Hi, I'm an idiot
>I want to make a stupid, irrelevant response for no reason
>>
>>16518232
Didn't you make a very similar thread yesterday or the day before? And didn't someone in that thread notice the same thing?
>>
>>16518373
I made a similar thread, but this one contains an update, if you even bothered to read it.

>>16518232
>Today my dad told me that my regional mental health institution doesn't want to provide me therapy because it's afraid that I will sue them for medical malpractice.
>>
Hey this guy > >>16518373
To actually give advice, I think you should lawyer up. At the least to get your records which are your right. However if I recall you don't want your full records you want your doctor's personal notes. Which they can choose to give or not give to you because they could literally just be squiggly lines on a paige. Also it is possible to handle some conditions with just medication. But this is far from a cure. Consulting a doctor is your best bet to answer that question. Why did they say they were afraid you would sue?
>>
>hello, lawers.com? it's me, OP. I'm real crazy, will you sue my doctors for not revealing their secrets about me
>hello
>hello?
>>
>>16518393
>However if I recall you don't want your full records you want your doctor's personal notes

No, I want the medical records only, not the notes. Some weren't transmitted to me, such as the concluding statements of one important hospitalization, and the diagnostic statements. I know that they have those since I was shown them a while ago.

>Why did they say they were afraid you would sue?

No idea. That's what they told my dad over the phone when he tried to get me an appointment with a therapist (I have a phone phobia so I never make calls).
>>
>>16518448
Were you with your father at the time of the phone call? Were you listening to it?
>>
>>16518456
No, I wasn't. However, he told me that they told him this when he called them. He also told me that my mom saw my doctor separately in that institution to ask some info a month ago or so, and he told her the same thing - that he fears that I could be preparing to file a medical malpractice lawsuit, because I asked for all my records fro all the institutions.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.