[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would you do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: frog_listening.jpg (40 KB, 780x439) Image search: [Google]
frog_listening.jpg
40 KB, 780x439
Have about 4k and 2-3 months to spare. What should I do? Very depressed, saving is not an option.
>>
Travel
>>
Buy loads of drugs and go out rockstar style
>>
>>16516662
specifics, going to somewhere just for going isn't really ideal.
>>
>>16516667
Then stay put.
>>
>>16516668
wow
>>
>>16516667
If things need to be "ideal" for you to act, then you'll be sitting on your ass your entire life.
>>
>>16516667
I can't imagine there isn't something somewhere you want to see. You don't want to see ancient pyramids or rain forests or the grand canyon or giant waterfalls. No manmade wonders, no scenic beauty has ever called to you? Have you never wanted to taste street tacos in Mexico or Swordfish spaghetti in Sicily (Best thing I've ever tasted in my whole life). You could ride a horse on the beach or a camel in the sand.
Hell, I spent 7 hours in the Lourve just LOOKING at shit and I would do that for 3 days straight if I could. Haven't you ever seen any beauty in the world?
>>
>>16516667
The further you can go while still speaking the country's language because what you ABSOLUTELY want to do is meet folks. A good option that comes to me is those 'humanitarian' travels if you don't have a partner : you'll already have a few people with you, and I'm sure there's a few where it's just teaching english somewhere far off, mostly to young people. It's bound to be enriching.
>>
>>16516749
> while still speaking the country's language
I have to disagree. /for this level of introspection you need to experience the solitude of being in a foreign land.
>>
>>16516758
When I'm "very depressed" I seek company, rather than solitude. Guess it's a preference.

But I also love being lost in a new city, so I thing I get what you mean...
>>
You can buy me gifts if you want, I'll allow it.
>>
>>16516786
Since you speak English it will be easy to find company. all you have to do is go to a hostel bar.
>>
Go on an adventure. Make a challenge out of it. Do you have a car?
>>
>>16516666

I agree with Mega Satan, to be honest.
>>
Pick a point on the compass and go that way as far as possible. Worst case scenario you die.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.