[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've started to realize I have developed a bad drinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: Nasty Habit.jpg (37 KB, 630x354) Image search: [Google]
Nasty Habit.jpg
37 KB, 630x354
I've started to realize I have developed a bad drinking habit, and I know I need to cut it out. I've been trying to stop since summer, but all I manage to do is not drink for 4 or 5 days and then fall back into it.

I don't do it to alleviate stress or anything, and I don't have a physical addiction. But because god damn do I really enjoy drinking its become associated a lot with my home life. Almost everything when I am at home now is.
- Writing a paper: Grab a drink
- Gonna draw some art and listen to music: Grab a drink
- Play some Video games: Grab a drink

I'm young man and I usually take good care of my self, but I'm looking at 3-5 drinks a night for the past 2 years. Anyone with some success stories? What about switching to weed. I really don't want to keep living this routine, any help is appreciated.
>>
Nigga have you ever just tried you know...applying yourself?
>>
>>16514968
useless advice.

look into SMART recovery
>>
>>16514968
Thanks anon, my problems are solved!
>>16514984
(Sincerely) Appreciate it, looks promising.
>>
>>16514984
>>16514992

Don't be delusional. It doesn't matter what steps you take to rid yourself of alcoholism, but you gotta admit it exists.

Recognizing the problem and having the resolve to fix it are the 2 most important aspects, not the antidote itself.
>>
>>16515000
> Recognizing the problem and having the resolve to fix it are the 2 most important aspects.
This is true, but I'm having a real go of the antidote part. I try to switch up my habits but usually just fall back, I guess I came looking for an effective means of changing my habits.
>>
File: 1424846065334.jpg (283 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1424846065334.jpg
283 KB, 1000x1333
>>16515034
If you don't have the strength of will to set a goal and achieve it, then you have additional issues you need to resolve.

It is unfortunate that they must be taken of care simultaneously but it does not absolve you of the responsibility.

Take a look at the man in the mirror. That is the man to whom you will make that promise to. To fail yourself is the greatest defeat that deserves only death.
>>
>>16515048
Eh dont listen to anybody who hasnt been thoroughly addicted, they simply dont understand.
>>
>>16515069
Oh I understand. And then I don't.

Your body is your bitch. You tell it what to do, not the other way around. A body is a vessel for your soul. Not being able to overcome a self induced addiction speaks volumes of the weakness of that spirit.

If you are looking for a magical miracle that will solve your problems, then your search will last an eternity. There will be no calms in the storm, no divine intervention, and no reprieve.
>>
fuck it the best is to live a sad alcoholic life and die young and depressed
>>
>>16515098
haha, ok.
>>
File: 1434665500454.jpg (114 KB, 682x682) Image search: [Google]
1434665500454.jpg
114 KB, 682x682
>>16515098
>>16515048
> To fail yourself is the greatest defeat that deserves only death.
> A body is a vessel for your soul. Not being able to overcome a self induced addiction speaks volumes of the weakness of that spirit.
I'll all about having integrity, but tone it down a notch Hoss.
>>
File: charlie.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
charlie.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>16514961

Is this what constitutes a "bad drinking habit" in the USA?

Fuck man, you aren't considered an alcoholic in Australia until it actually starts having negative effects on your life, i.e. reduced productivity at work, spousal/child abuse, etc.

Srs tho 3-5 drinks isn't even enough to get drunk off of, I don't see a problem at all.

Australia does have a pretty bad drinking culture though, nobodies denying that.
>>
>>16514961
>god damn do I really enjoy drinking

No you don't.

The essence of any physical addiction, be it heroin, nicotine or alcohol, is that it changes your body chemistry so that your body only feels "normal" with it.

Drinking doesn't make you feel good. It makes you feel less bad, because your body has been having quiet withdrawal pains without it.

The only "cure" is a detox that gets your body chemistry back to non-alcohol normal.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.