[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm thinking of killing myself. Nobody knows I feel this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: gun-suicide.jpg (48 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
gun-suicide.jpg
48 KB, 800x600
I'm thinking of killing myself. Nobody knows I feel this way or that I'm even sad. Is there any reason to live?
>>
You are limited only by the appetite of your ambition.

And when that zeal is visionary, you tend to live just long enough to achieve it.
>>
>>16514823
so basically what you're saying is I need to have a goal to reach for?
>>
>>16514981
Dreams are what realities are made of.
>>
File: 1444100118777.jpg (37 KB, 449x425) Image search: [Google]
1444100118777.jpg
37 KB, 449x425
>>16514782
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOY-jJeOeBk
>>
>>16514782
Alright, one of the very first steps you should be taking is talking to someone. Not just us, but someone with a face behind them.

Besides that, start making a list of goals, like the first anon theatrically alluded to. It's important. Start with short term goals, things done in the next day. Then start listing weekly goals, things in the near future, then get as far as you can possibly write. It can make you put things in perspective.

Another good thing a positive psychiatry professor spoke about is creating a list of things that were good in your day, every day. Things you felt positive in any way about, small things and big things. Happiness ztarts with trivial things. And that list isn't just for depression. It can show you a lot of things. Some people have broken up with their long term partners or changed their life plans based on what they wrote over a month.
>>
>>16514995
Who cares what we do if it won't even be a memory to us someday?
>>
File: 36656.jpg (110 KB, 610x698) Image search: [Google]
36656.jpg
110 KB, 610x698
>>16515085
>What a way to behave! They refuse to speak well of people who live as their contemporaries and in their company, but they set great store by their own name good name among future generations which they have never seen nor ever will see. Yet this is brother to feeling vexed that your predecessors were not singing your praises.
- Meditations, Book 6, 18
>>
>>16515085
A few us are immortal or have gained immortality through their actions on this earth
>>
>>16515113
>but they set great store by their own name good name among future generations which they have never seen nor ever will see
I don't understand this part. What is he saying?
>>
>>16515118
The human race will not exist one day. nothing will exist. Nobody, nor anything, is immortal.
>>
>>16515144
That worrying about your legacy and what memories people will have of you is as silly as worrying about what memory those who lived before you were born have of you.
>>
>>16514782
>Is there any reason to live?
I'm not going to condescend to you and say that "Life is wonderful go and fulfill its splendor" but what I can say is that almost every single person who tried to commit suicide and failed immediately regretted their attempt.

If you are having feelings of depression you really ought seek more professional help, not just some circle jerking neck beards on the internet. And not to spoil your pity party, but your feelings aren't unique, but that doesn't make them worthless.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.