[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My family wants to get a dog but every dog on petfinder is half
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: dog_PNG195.png (233 KB, 425x424) Image search: [Google]
dog_PNG195.png
233 KB, 425x424
My family wants to get a dog but every dog on petfinder is half pit bull and described in this weird way where it's like they're hiding something terrible about it.

Where the fuck do people get their dogs from
>>
just go to the shelter and look. it's free to look and lots of places don't keep petfinder updated all that well because it's not very important.
>>
Shelter. The dogs are screened for health and temperament problems and they are already fixed and vaccinated.
>>
Is there something wrong with pit bulls?
>>
>>16513982
No.
>>
>>16513982
They're scary. So are most of their owners.
>>
>>16513982
Pitbulls have a bad rap cuz they're naturally a more aggressive dog that appeals to dipshit owners, who only exacerbate an existing breed temperament issue. That being said, I've known both awesome and terrible pitbulls. Much like with every dog, it really boils down to the owner.
>>
>>16513982
they're a perfectly fine breed if trained well, but they are more prone to snap and go violent if not trained under a disciplined hand.
>inb4 300 replies about how pitbulls dindu nuffin
>>
>>16513982
they're mean and strong.
>>
File: 1402971206638.gif (37 KB, 500x496) Image search: [Google]
1402971206638.gif
37 KB, 500x496
>>16514018
>Pitbulls have a bad rap cuz they're naturally a more aggressive dog

Not any more aggressive than a golden retriever. Also, many people call a dog a 'pitbull' without really knowing, it's a generic term.
>>
>>16514034
you read the chart backwards
>>
Definitely go into the shelters in person. Online catalogs are ok, but they might not be up-do-date, and yeah, they are saturated with pits and pit mixes because people are assholes and breed them or adopt/buy them without researching their temperament.

Pits are fine; they are just SUPER high energy. They need to be exercised and stimulated or they will get destructive. They are friendly towards people but a lot of the time do have a tendency to be aggressive to other, unknown animals. Again, people are assholes and don't raise them right. They can also be very protective of their owners/family.

If you're looking for a particular breed, you could research rescues in your area. Some pet stores like Petsmart usually partner with local adoption agencies and have adoption events where they bring some of the pets to the store in the hopes of being adopted out, and there are all kinds of breeds at those events. Again, you can always go to shelters in person as well. If you want to spend money, you could always research breeders as well.
>>
File: dogs.png (16 KB, 681x260) Image search: [Google]
dogs.png
16 KB, 681x260
http://lifestyle9.org/top-10-most-dangerous-dog-breeds-that-you-should-stay-away-from/
>>
>>16514043
1% is marginal.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.