[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright guys, so im gonna go on a little rant, to get the advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: office-space[1].jpg (32 KB, 620x310) Image search: [Google]
office-space[1].jpg
32 KB, 620x310
Alright guys, so im gonna go on a little rant, to get the advice i hope for.

two and a half months ago, i started my new job.
its at an upscale grocery store, where the pay is much better than what i was getting at my old job-

In the store, im working in customer service (showing people to shit they need, doing returns, etc), I am trained in stocking shelves, finding products in the back (very limited skill in our store), doing delivery audits, i run a register, i bag peoples shit..... and i was really excited to work in the cafe when i first started.

my backround.... i have 2 years of culinary school experience, four culinary jobs, military training (usmc med discharge), IT pursuits, and im a jack of all trade-

anyways, so at work, i got to work in the cafe-
with my experience, i figured i'd kick ass in the kitchen, and make a major difference, because i KNOW food. its simply what i do best. the thing is, there is ZERO, and i mean absolutely ZERO sanitary protocol, and the few staff members i work with have zero discipline and are very very VERY careless.

i asked three of my 8 managers (why arent i a manager, ffs) to please stop scheduling me in the cafe as i am losing all appreciation for culinary arts and cuisine.
"okay, we'll work on it"

the next week, i was removed entirely.
this week, i am removed entirely.
next week...... three fucking days of my 3 days in the store of the week (vacation) i am working cafe....
asked them, why is this- "oh, we just need someone in there"
i told them this isnt acceptable, period.

tonight, i just got my schedule for the following week....
FIVE FUCKING DAYS IN A ROW IN THE CAFE.

this is the shit that is pushing me to quit, and i NEED this job.
i just got a car, insurance, and a girlfriend, and groceries to buy.
this is BULLSHIT. WHAT DO.

ps: emailed one of 8 bosses that 11/10 trolled hard
>>
File: Shallowgrave.png (289 KB, 456x340) Image search: [Google]
Shallowgrave.png
289 KB, 456x340
You violated the chain of command, foo'
>>
Maybe you should think of working in the cafe as an opportunity. If you're not happy with the hygiene, try to change things.
>>
You're incredibly incoherent. Do you, or do you not want to work in the cafe? Also you're pretty entitled for someone who's been there only two and a half months
>>
the day i went in for an interview, a girl in the waiting area told me that id enjoy it at first, then i'd absolutely hate it. she was right.

i've attempted to make change in the kitchen.
i've put up signs how to correctly use compartment sinks (yeah, common sense shit that people dont know)
ive taught how to properly sanitize, and clean, how to fucking cut fruit, and vegetables-
still no effort, and i get the resentment because im the guy whos actually attempting to give a damn.

im very glad you know what im dealing with
>>
>>16512390
no- i do NOT want to work in there. absolutely not.

theres black mold on the walls, in the grout, the vegetables we use literally sit on the floor of the walk in, and smell TERRIBLE.

people "do" dishes, and theres food still on them, and attempt to put them back on the shelves as clean.

people do food prep work on the dirty sink tops-

two people leave an hour early and skip the cleaning at close because they just dont want to stay.

also addressed this, and STILL no change.
>>
>>16512426
Look, a grocery store is a grocery store. You're going to be put where they need you, and since you can do cafe work, they're going to put you there when they need you. You can ask if they can not put you there, but if they don't have anyone else to work there, you're going to have to suck it up. You're not working there to enjoy it, you're working there for the money - you know it and they know it. If you don't like it then you can find another job.
>>
>>16512405
>I get the resentment because im the guy whos actually attempting to give a damn

I'm surprised it's taken you this long to figure out you get smacked in the face when you try to tell people what to do at work.

If you came to me complaining all the time, you better believe I'd stick you in the cafe five days a week.
>>
>>16512372
NEWS FLASH: You work for them.

They use you where they need you.

You don't tell them where to use you.
>>
Well done for entering a workplace and telling them how to do things.
>>
Aren't there mandated hygiene standards? If they are being violated, inform your local sanitary authorities or whoever.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.