[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do waiters and shit asfford NYC and la
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
How do waiters and shit asfford NYC and la
>>
>>16512267
Damn that's a big nose.
>>
rich parents
you will notice they are all well put together young affluent whites

my room mate had an apartment with me in manhattan, simultaneously with one she had in boston so she would have a place to stay when she went there on the weekends to visit her friends from school. Her dad was paying for both of them.
>>
>>16512267
Multiple roommates to keep rent costs down. Parents' trust fund.
>>
>>16512287
That's 2 homes in nice areas I'm sure poor people can get apartments outside !anhattan
>>
>>16512267
Room mates. Hella room mates. Or rent a room in someone's home. Way cheaper assuming you find somebody who isn't a complete fucking weirdo or creep.
>>
>>16512299
So just go to a place with 3 or 4 people?
>>
>>16512329
Yup. Why not?
>>
>>16512362
I have 0 qualms with that but can I really afford LA if I get a lot of roommates and live in a shit area?
>>
>>16512410
Yes totally. Go look around craigslist and local listings etc. Bet you find something that you could make work for you.
>>
>>16512451
Damn if its that easy why does everyone tell me its impossible to live there without having tons of money
>>
>>16512582
All depends on where you're willing to live.
>>
>>16512632
So they're just too uptight to live in a shit neighborhood with roommates? Anything besides the Compton culdasac seems alright
>>
>>16512410
>>16512701
LA native here. All of LA is shit, except for West LA. There's a lot of decent/OK places to live, but the trade-off is that there will be nothing around you (decent shopping, groceries, nightlife, fun, work, etc. etc.). Why do you want to move to LA?
>>
>>16512709
>west side
Mar Vista master race.

Yeah OP i'd recommend the echo park, Westlake, or West Adams neighborhoods. You can get a bedroom in a house with a shared bathroom for like $650 around there.

West Adams isn't bad because it's right along the train that goes towards the west side and you could bike from the end station to West LA for a restaurant job or something in those nice areas. I honestly thought about moving there but then I found my nice place actually in the west side only a mile from work and the saving on transportation cost was worth the higher rent (in this case, def not in general)

Idk man its a shitty city to be poor in don't come here.
>>
>>16512709
Trust me man where I live its worse than east LA my family sucks and its the most depressing place in the world

>>16512757
How could palm trees and sunny beaches suck? That all sounds doable though
>>
>>16512766
Palm trees and sunny beaches are nice, too be sure. But try making it to them from any of those neighborhoods on a weekend. 12mi by car on a Saturday morning in summer will take an hour and will cost $10 or more for parking. 2 hours by bus. Rush hour traffic lasts for 3 HOURS in the morning, and again in the evening. 6 hrs a day of the entire city going <20mph. In the end you'll generally give up on the beach just like everyone else on that side of town. It's just too difficult to get to.
>>
>>16512846
Man I'm 5 hours from six flags being able to see the beach and go to Disneyland twice a year would be the best year of my life

Plus where i live it looks like eastern Europe and the scenery is so depressing I'd be so happy just having good vibes for once a day long bus ride doesn't sound bad everyone talks about cost of living but I spent a hundred dollars in gas just to see a concert.
>>
>>16512860
>los angeles
>good vibes

Dude what the fuck. LA people are notorious assholes.
>bus rides
>pleasant

Truly delusional.

But shit, you got the city itch, guess you have to come here yourself and experience it. Might as well take some acting classes while you're here.
>>
>>16512881
Man you've never driven through icy roads with 8 foot snow banks on every side and trapped in the boonies with redneck cousins everywhere trust me LA has it all compared to this place. The rednecks aren't all friendly like people say they are huge dicks to anyone who isn't like them
>>
>>16512895
Are you trying to convince me of something? I'm just telling you that LA is not paradise like you have built up in your head. Come here if you want but know that it will be expensive, you'll need roommates, the city is teeming and crowded to the brim, the people aren't friendly, and you should probably learn Spanish if you're going into any low to medium skill field.

Pluses: nice weather, lots to do if you have extra spending money.
>>
>>16512908
Paradise doesn't exist for the poor but LA is as good as it gets

Plus if LA sucks and my dreams are crushed I'll just go to a small beach town
>>
Santa Monica is pretty nice when you need some sand and a quick breather from city life. Also OC is well stocked with milfs. ~45 minutes from LA. Dress up nice when you go to the local Walmart during a Spring afternoon and soccer moms galore
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.