[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So my cat is dying of renal failure. Have no credit to open up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
So my cat is dying of renal failure. Have no credit to open up a credit card for payments. All my money I already paid for rent and utilities. Any advice to come up with 1k in a day?
>>
Short of a loan, which will fuck you up, not really. You could try a gofundme or whatever, but I doubt it will work in time. Sorry about your cat broski.
>>
What about starting a GoFundMe account? Really stick it to the animal lovers and get them to donate you asap!
>>
>>16511423
Prostitute yourself?

Honestly OP, it might not be worth it. I know it's hard, but your cat might not function like s/he used to when s/he was younger even after the surgery. It just might prolong his/her suffering.
>>
Acute or chronic?
>>
>>16511429
>>16511430
I already started one like 8 hours ago. Doubt its going to make a difference.
>>
>>16511444
He's 4 though which makes me think he'll be fine after.

>>16511451
Acute
>>
Not really man. You're either going to have to borrow some cash from friends/family or, more likely, let your little friend off the ride. Quite the bummer for Caturday.
>>
>>16511474
I'm referring to if the surgery isn't perfect and the cat is still suffering from the issue. Age doesn't have much to do with what I'm referring to here.
>>
>>16511474
Go here and apply. Ignore your credit history, they should be able to approve you if you say it's for vet purposes.

https://mobile.carecredit.com/apply

If that doesn't work, let me know.
>>
>>16511494
Did that today. Denied me because of insufficient credit history. This same thing happened to my girls dog a few years back same thing happened then but I had the cash because I got paid the week after.
>>
OP, my best advice would be to find 3-4 family/friends to borrow ~$200 from each, if they're okay with waiting 3-6 months for it.

Are you CERTAIN you can't get a credit card? Having no credit is fine, so long as you don't have terrible credit.

I'm really sorry, by the way. You may just need to accept that cats have really short, and sometimes tragic lives. Try to start making plans for the worst, if you haven't already (pick out a place to bury him/her, try to actually start now. It will make it feel more real, and you might be a little more prepared. Vets will also cremate for you, if burying is too hard).

At the end of the day, focus on his/her comfort. If it becomes obvious that you absolutely can't get the surgery, considering having him/her euthanized, if they're suffering. I had to put down a stray I was caring for, and it was literally the hardest thing I've ever done in my life.

Good luck, and remember that it will be okay, no matter what. It's just life.
>>
File: 658515_orig.jpg (212 KB, 946x600) Image search: [Google]
658515_orig.jpg
212 KB, 946x600
>>16511501
Ask someone to get it for you. You get to hold the card and make payments which are only about $25 a month. Ask everyone you know, I'm sure someone will be nice enough.
>>
If you guys could please share my go fund me I would be greatly appreciative. This cat I got right before my mom died so it means a lot.

gofund.me/78ccsavc
>>
File: assistance.png (796 KB, 700x911) Image search: [Google]
assistance.png
796 KB, 700x911
Op yes do this asap
>>
Also make sure to look or Google rescues in your area and gets in your area that do payment plans.
>>
>>16511527
Problem with that list is half of them are closed until monday and the other half doesn't give the money in time.
>>
>>16511531
I asked the humane society here and they said there's no vet that does payments without a card around here.
>>
>>16511512
I really don't know anyone who would extend their credit to me. If I could pay half next week and the next week I would pay the rest. No one I know cares but that's to be expected.
>>
>>16511553
Fuck them do your own Google call and plead and explain. If you can't do it take your cat to a rescue. Surrender it so it can get the health it needs you shouldn't have a pet of you can't have a few grand saved for emergencies.
>>
Also stop letting your cat outside Jesus Christ. If you can't afford emergency vet visits then why would you allow him to go outside which is much more likely hood of him getting hurt and sick? I'm in vet school and I swear when I open up my clinic I'm going to have people sign God damn waivers for this shit.
>>
stand in the street and beg for help.
Hold up a sign that says "MY CAT IS DYING AND I HAVE NO MONEY,
PLEASE HELP"
A compattionatd cate owner or vet might cover the whole cost for you. No one likes seeing pets die when it can be avoided with an affordable surgery
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.