[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some warning signs that your boyfriend is losing interest?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: 1393203289983.jpg (49 KB, 500x751) Image search: [Google]
1393203289983.jpg
49 KB, 500x751
What are some warning signs that your boyfriend is losing interest? And how does that behavior differentiate from just being distracted/busy/stressed etc?
>>
>>16510962
Are you in a monogamous relationship? Is he fucking other women/men? If so, he might be losing interest.
>>
>>16510962
Well, he'll definitely lose interest when you become all paranoid about how you think he's losing interest.
>>
>>16510971
I've not hinted or confronted him about this at all for that reason. I'm just completely autismo when it comes to relationships.
>>
If he doesn't eat your pussy.
>>
if he's stressed or busy he'll make it up to you
if he's losing interest he'll make excuses
>>
Why do you think he's losing interest?
>>
>>16510962
Essentially this, >>16511044.
Stressed/busy results in apologies and making it up to you. Lots of kindness here.
Losing interest results in excuses, excessive distance, and even short-tempered or dismissive behavior.
>>
You should have sex other men then tell him. Any interest he lost before he'll immediately regain once he realizes what he's missing out on =)

Good luck and enjoy
>>
>>16511075
more like the guy leaves her forever
>>
>>16510962
I'm in the same situation actually.

>busy a lot, understandable
>thus tired sometimes, understandable
>but always has time for his friends or anyone else but me
>not that much interested in sexual things anymore
>doesn't seem that eager to make time for me or meet up

Am I wasting my time here? I think of myself as kind and understanding, but I'm getting really fed up of this ''we'll talk later, I can't think of this right now, sorry hon I'm too tired to have sex because I'm so so busy and tired, but I'll play some videogames all night instead''.

I give him space well enough, but I feel like a damn afterthought to him rather than girlfriend.
>>
>>16511075
Okay this comment pisses me off. Don't follow this advice at all OP. I know this commenter is trolling but I don't know if anyone would take him for being serious. Some girls actually believe this works, it does not, he will dump you and it would ruin the whole relationship completely.
>>
>>16511085

you are wasting your time

people have the free time for the things they want to have free time for. if he wanted to spend time with you he would.
>>
>>16511085
I am in the same situation OP. My bf treats me exactly the same way you describe. He will be up all night playing LoL and we have very little sex. It feels like the ship is sinking and like we are losing each other, and makes me suspicious that he's seeing someone else. I would tell you to just dump him, but how can I even give you that advice when I haven't done it? I keep thinking this will get better but it never does... :(
>>
>>16511085

He's playing video games when he's tired rather than sex because video games requires no energy. Sex does.
>>
>>16511089
I'm not that autistic, dw.

>>16511055
Communication has slowly dwindled over the past few months, and recently he's just been completely silent. I've been trying to give him space, but I'd like to know that he's okay at least.
>>
>>16511111
nice quints

How has communication dwindled? It may not be losing interest, could br something like tired or something is wrong
>>
>>16511103
I understand guy's need guy time too, and videogames are chill. I don't expect him to want to bone every night. I'd gladly have sex every day, but I know not everyone does. This denial is pretty frequent, at first I felt bad for wanting him so much because he's busy and tired. But now it just feels like it's an excuse because he simply doesn't want it anymore.

Another thing to note is that I always initiate it, he never makes sexual advances towards me.
>>
You guys have any fights? He going through anything? Maybe a family member died?
>>
>>16511128
He's just not talking to me. Went from talking every day without fail, to at least saying good morning/night, and now it's just crickets. I know that he's been stressed, and I've been doing what I can to alleviate it and give him breathing room. At this point, I'm concerned more than anything. I can see that he's been active on social media and whatnot, so it's not like he's dead/injured/etc.

>>16511137
We've never fought. I don't know if he's been going through anything difficult in his personal life, due to the lack of communication on his end.
>>
>>16511167
How old is he and you?
>>
>>16511182
I'm 22 and he's 26.
>>
>>16511192
Maybe you should try going different places when he gets that way, start up your own hobbies and stop begging for his attention, this usually makes them insecure and worry for some reason... a lot of guys only want your attention when you've given up and don't want it anymore yourself. Just pretend you don't give a fuck and you might see a change in his behavior.
>>
>>16511111
>Communication has slowly dwindled over the past few months, and recently he's just been completely silent.
Did you complain much when you were still talking? Directly or indirectly, about anything?

>Went from talking every day without fail, to at least saying good morning/night, and now it's just crickets.
>I can see that he's been active on social media and whatnot, so it's not like he's dead/injured/etc.
What changed, besides the communication (both bodylanguage and verbal)? What is the stress he's experiencing?

I'm trying to be positive and not transcribe my own problems, but what you describe is my reaction to a nagging woman. One that cannot leave anything be, especially if she needs to tell me how angry she is at a random poster somewhere. Just slow distancing and a lack of replies, because any advice, and any consolation I try to give is going to be wasted. Now, I don't know you, and could be completely wrong, but please look at yourself...
>>
He'll lose intrest quickly if you complain alot. My last relationship all she did was complain about first world shit, hide from everyone over them and not tell what's wrong, refuse help or even consolment, and then proceeds to blame it on depression. If you do that he'll lose interest to a point where he couldn't care less about your existence.
>>
Don't nag him. He doesn't want to come home from work to have more work.
>>
First time on /adv/,
How long does it take an average post to 404?
I'm thinking about starting one
>>
>>16511536
depends but usually not longer than a day
>>
>>16511101
Didn't you make a thread the other nite? Dump him if he a controlling prick already
>>
>>16510962
>change of personality
>change of habits
>less talking, less contact
>less sex
>one word or short answers
>starting fights
>being indifferent
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.