[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who the fuck thought this was a good idea? There's a reason
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1448725800228.jpg (34 KB, 600x611) Image search: [Google]
1448725800228.jpg
34 KB, 600x611
Who the fuck thought this was a good idea? There's a reason why you shouldn't be yourself around new people. Because chances are there might be characteristics about you that'll repulse everyone the second they get a wafting scent of them. So it's best to show off your better qualities before while slowly getting to know them -- and see if that takes you somewhere good, or you should abandon ship then and there.

And around women? What the fuck? I'll tell you what's going to happen if you try to be yourself around a girl you recently just met.

>meet cute girl
>be yourself
>creep her out
>cops called
>get kicked out of college
>lose job
>ruin reputation with friends and family
>have court date set
>lose court battle
>put on registry that everyone can publically look you up on
>be subjected to laws which require you to tell your neighbours, each time you move, of what you did
>be the scourge of the community from day one
>get only shit jobs that your parole officer sets you up with
>probably have to move back in with mother who has to hide her contempt for you on a daily basis
>neighbours tell kids about you
>said kids come and egg your house and periodically make your life hell
>each time you meet new girl, be required by megan's law to inform her of what you've done
>enjoy her look of disgust, because there's going to be plenty more
>each holidays family will try their hardest to ignore you
>take bus because can't afford car now
>meet qt 16y/o who wants to bang you because she's a dumbass thrill seeker
>the only pussy you're getting, so you desperately comply
>girl accuses you of rape
>since you're a felon, no one's going to give you leaway
>go to prison for violation of parole
>get bum-fucked by jerome and jose
>develop depression
>stop returning letters to mom
>finally on release
>head to nearest home depot
>buy sturdy rope
>find tree at park
>commit suicide for all the kids to see

And all because you thought being yourself to someone new was a good idea.
>>
I usually let myself out when I first meet somebody, but not all the way. Over time I let myself out more and more and gauge how that goes over, and based on that reaction, i either pull back or do it more. yeah
>>
Sure, show your better qualities. But don't make shit up whole cloth. Keep it real.
>>
>>16509761
Fucking lol come on dude
>>
>>16509761
>Because chances are there might be characteristics about you that'll repulse everyone the second they get a wafting scent of them.
Have you considered, you know, some personal growth? Being yourself only works once you've BUILT yourself.

It's the one problem I have with the "be yourself" advice: it's good, but we teach it to children when they're too young to understand this,
>>
>>16509761
Give head.
Don't rape anyone and risk making babies.
Give head. Lick pussy. Be gentle until she tells you more.
>>
Best of luck OP, I hope the tree branch supports your weight so it ends well.
>>
In the less dramatic version of this, being honest about my thoughts and emotions cockblocked me twice. In one instance, my emotions were too strong and made me look like a weak person. In another instance, I spoke my mind too loudly in this "politically correct" area and got labeled a minor bully.

If these girls were like, my ideal match, I'd probably do a small bit of filtering myself. I see the other extreme, faking your personality, has even more problems involved.
>>
>>16509761
No she's just cockhungry, that's all
>>
>>16509761
Anon, I am nothing but myself around people and this drives friends away but women love it for some reason. I tone down my racism some times but other than that. Its you that's the problem and your dishonesty.

Every one is different and finds interest in different people.
>>
>>16509761
OP is a sexual predator.
>>
>>16509761
Be yourself. Im coming to term that this advice is the worst shit ever. I never followed it nor believed it, but never had a problem with it, until self-rightous fart smelling faggots kept saying that.

Everyone wears a mask for society. The least anyone ever has is two. One for society, and one for when their fapping to weird shit or whatever.
>>
>>16509963
M'kay.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.