[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are there so many more single guys than girls? It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 640x382) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 640x382
Why are there so many more single guys than girls? It's fucking bullshit how society pushes this "girls want to commit but guys won't" meme when the average guy would chop his foot off to get a relationship and girls can't even be bothered.
>>
>>16509449
Isn't this a pasta from like a month ago? Nice bait
>>
>>16509449
Given that the world wide ratio of male/female is close to 50%, and a heterosexual relationship requires both a male and a female, it is just wrong to think that there are 'so many more single guys than girls'.

I mean, you need two to tango. Both girl and boy. How hard is that to understand?
>>
>>16509456

Look at the age range breakdown, there are more young women than men.
>>
>>16509460
In that case it makes even less sense since there would be more single women available then.
>>
>>16509449
>Why are there so many more single guys than girls?
There aren't. Single girls just tend to bitch less about it, even though it's harder for an educated woman to find a parter than vice versa.
>>
>>16509462
He can't even bait right and you're still replying. What has this website come to?
>>
>>16509463

Because women only date up. The girl with the Ph.D. Won't even look at the guy with the masters, but men don't think this way.
>>
>>16509449
Funny because I wouldnt really chop my foot off for a relationship and the last gf I had I broke up with 5 years ago.

Most girls do want relationships but not with unemployed little boys who still live with their parents. I know this because I am still stuck there at 26. I havent made the effort in finding one after college because it would be a waste of time when I dont have shit to my name. Girls fuck more but its because theyre fucking the dudes who know how go about life and be a man. Small group of dudes are getting the girls. Plus, guys fiend for girls like horny chihuahuas while girls are more reserved. Girls come out of there shells and become total sluts when they see a masculine dude whose drop dead gorgeous. Youre better off putting it off your mind because this is todays society. Delete your FB if its such a problem. If you want a change, Change it, become like Zyzz, fuck bitches, die young.
>>
>>16509471
I don't see much bait about this desu. Compared to "should I cheat on my boyfriend?"-threads, anyway.

What's the point of bait like this anyway.
>>
>>16509472
>men don't think this way
wrong
I don't date girls who make significantly less than me (I don't date)
>>
>>16509449
>Why are there so many more single guys than girls?
>1
If women drop their standards they can get guys faster than if men drop their standards.
>2
The rate of single men to single women is actually more even than you think; it's just that single men are more prone to not give a shit so you see more of them. A lot of girls, like Jennifer Lawrence lol, stay in on Saturday nights whereas single guys get their friends and go do shit IMO. Men go do shit at a higher rate than women. Women = netflix call clinger fuck buddy to come over if she really really wants it.
>>
>>16509476
He'll keep countering any point with a regurgitated red pill argument until bump limit to get a kick out of how buttflustered people will get.
>>
>>16509472
>Because women only date up
That's bullshit, sure they are less willing to date down but nobody with any standards would, and even unemployed idiots have a shot at a smart and hot chick, while an ugly women is limited to absolute desperate losers, even if her personality is amazing.
>>
>>16509482
Sounds like a really great way to spend your time.
>>
>>16509493
Well the thing is ugly or chubby women can still get laid more than a dude whose ugly and chubby.
>>
>>16509449

Because 20% of all guys fuck 80% of all girls and are in multiple "relationships" at the same time.

That means a lot of guys are left without anyone. Sorry to say, but that's just how our species has survived by having only the advantaged (good genetics, confidence, health) procreate.
>>
>>16509503
Yeah, sounds likely, blame the society that tells women that fucking around is bad. So even landwhales feel pressured to pretend to have any standards.
>>
>>16509493
>>16509472

You're both taking hyperbolized and needlessly radical ideological stances on this.

Most folks are at least moderately concerned or place a moderate value on appearance. These people won't be with anyone significantly lower than their standards.

Few folks care very little about appearance. Not sure if it is possible to not care at all, although plenty do claim this. But there do exist examples from both sexes of people unphased by an unattractive significant other. Same as examples exist of people undeterred by one's low financial value or poor moral/ethical framework, or any other attribute.

For myself, I do place too high a value on appearance to date a girl below my standards. However, I do rank appearance considerably lower than (subjectively, to me) a good moral and ethical framework and worldview. I've been with girl before because I liked the way she thought and saw the world far more than because of how she looked.

Anyway, sorry for the shit blog, but I reckon its harmful to polarize yourselves so much and routinely tout self-professed "facts" regarding the whole of either sex. Shit don't work that black and white, lads.
>>
It's cringe as fuck how /adv/ knows so little about woman

OP just read about the redpill in therationalmale.com
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 960x444) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 960x444
>>16509541

>damage control
>>
>>16509493
>even if her personality is amazing.
Lol. Yeah, that sure happens a lot.
>>
>>16509474
This was painful to read
>>
i am an attractive but socially retarded female and my facebook has never looked like this despite being hit on my guys irl. I mean, yeah, I get hit on, but i have literally zero friends or meaningful social contact at all. being hit on by creeps means nothing to me. im sorry. im sorry to everyone who thinks otherwise. my life is nt easy. im 25 and spent 6 years working for a company that went out of business. i now have started over working the same job for a different company for fucking minimum wage. my life fucking sucks,
>>
>>16509449
105 young men for every 100 young women, women are more selective and have higher standards, women are attracted to the men other women are attracted to, and women hold less qualms about sharing a man. The result is the handsomest, most competent and most popular men get ridiculous amounts of love and sex while all the other males, from the decent to the mediocre to the disgusting, get minimal love and sex if they work hard for it or get none at all.

Don't think the girl you like is any different. If one of these top tier men ever enters her range she'll pounce on him, and she'll devote herself to him regardless of how he treats her or if he ditches her. She, and all women, will abuse your emotional and material resources without any guilt or a second thought just for a single night with one of these men. As an average male you must always be on your guard in the dating world. That is, if you're lucky enough to even be considered by the opposite sex.
>>
>>16510199
Creep = any guy who isn't a 10/10 Chad.
>>
>>16510199

>i am an attractive but socially retarded female

Stopped there, 1/10 is all I can give you
>>
File: 84551791.jpg (66 KB, 432x324) Image search: [Google]
84551791.jpg
66 KB, 432x324
>>16509449
Social media is fake and dangerous. It's not all about looks or charm. Many forget about chemistry. The problem is that social media makes it so that men and women don't have to try in public, try with their relationships,etc. It's basically, oh well, I just pick up my phone and go partner shopping. Women have the advantage in social media(pictures) men are the horny suckers that drool over hot women or easy average women, many out of their league, men are visual. Most females look for intelligence, confidence, non tangible things.

Conclusion, males reach out more based on visual, females are the gatekeepers to their crotch. They will only allow in a male who is the total package as opposed to just, hot, smart, whatever. The exceptions are whores and male tramps. Social media is causing more whores and tramps to connect than decent people. Hence, society is failing.
>>
File: 1441034484764.jpg (95 KB, 712x615) Image search: [Google]
1441034484764.jpg
95 KB, 712x615
>>16509449
At least the thread didnt start with pic related this time.
>>
>>16509449
>the average guy would chop his foot off to get a relationship and girls can't even be bothered.
And as long as the undateable hordes continue to think that relationships are all about doing THIS to get THAT, they will remain undateable.
>>
>>16510262

>society is failing
Oh anon...don't you see? It already has fallen.
>>
>>16510244
This
>>
>>16510278
Exactly. That is why there are so many mostly male and some female NEETS. Dropping out of society. They cannot compete with the vocal horny masses driven by their private parts,primitive brains and technology.
>>
>>16509449
>guy would chop his foot off to get a relationship

yeah, probably, but i stopped giving a fuck about relationships long time ago. Also i'm bisexual so i can easily pick stick to guys and tell the bitches to fuck off, or just jack off until i don't feel anything for them for a few hours.
Srsly women are extremely overrated shit, i wish you would be able to notice this, so they would stop believing they're so important. The only reason why they behave so picky is because there are a gazillion of guys wanting to wet their dicks in their cunts and thus only 10/10 get to do it, while the rest have to keep wasting their life trying.
>>
>>16510271
pr much this
>>
>>16509449
PIC: I imagine it'd be fun for three days and then gimme back the peace of being a guy. AAAHHh much better. w8 a sec, I'm PMSing again .
>>
>>16510271
Actually, you HAVE to do something to get something, it's not like girls are going to fuck you because you just stand there or talk to them like nothing. From personal experience all sexual encounters i had with women was because i actually made the move, not because it magically happen out of nowhere.
Just pls stop spreading this bullshit of "be yourself", it just doesn't work that way, "being" oneself doesn't work if you're not attractive or specially charismatic
>>
>>16510268
I used to think this, but then I met a girl that was a shy introvert and discovered that it's only cute in fiction. She would just stand around for ages as if she wanted to talk, but never actually saying anything.

Now, I'm not very good at this stuff either, but I had been in her shoes before and felt I should throw her a bone and try and start some conversation, but every time I did she would just give brief, curt responses that precluded any follow-up, then shut her mouth again.

I had a pang of sympathy for everyone that had tried to talk to me over the years, because that was exactly what I had done with them.
>>
>>16510370
No, but it's not meant to. The point of that advice isn't that being yourself will get you more women, it's that it will allow you to find women that are actually compatible with you. It doesn't make dating easier, but it does make it more efficient.
>>
>>16510383
>women actually compatible with you
>women compatible with you

such a thing doesn't exist, most "compatible" girls(similar tastes, similar opinions and so on) are with someone else that has literally nothing to do with me.
>>
>>16510268

Are you implying that pic is wrong?
>>
>>16510271

>undateable hordes

Kill yourself cunt.

>how dare average people long for companionship!
>>
>>16510402
>similar tastes, similar opinions and so on
This is not what compatible means. I wish I could use a word more descriptive than chemistry, but that's the most accurate term I got. My parents are very different people with very different personalities, outlooks and interests, yet they're together because they just seem to gel well with each other. They complement each other well. That's what I meant by compatible.

Moreover, despite what you may think, you don't actually know what sort of girl that would be. You think you do, but you'd be surprised. For the longest time I thought that I'd like a girl that was shy and awkward like me. Then I actually met one and realised that her similarity to me irritated me, and we never even talked. By contrast, I had an extroverted ladyfriend who never shut up but who nevertheless won me over with dogged persistence, and we became friends.

I'm rambling, the point is there's no real way of knowing how you'll get on with a girl without trying to for a bit, but that not trying to keep up a façade while you're doing that will allow you to better figure out what sort of person works for you.

Oh, and for the record:
>such a thing doesn't exist,
I used to think this, until said friend made me realise that it wasn't my call to make. It was up to other people to decide how they felt about me (for good or ill), but that self loathing tends to make you self absorbed and thus make you look worse (because at that stage you are).

Basically, stop thinking about things so much. Feel, don't think. Unless your feelings are telling you haven't got a chance, in which case think enough to realise how irrational that is, then go back to feeling.
>>
>>16509452
Not a pasta, per se, but there was a guy asking questions in this vein every day for a couple of months.
>>
>>16509541
Fucking redpillers. Go back to your masturbatorium, creep.
>>
I'm in a commited loving relationship with a woman who I do not deserve. Wanna know my secret? I'm a sociopath and a predator who spent his entire dating career targeting women with low self esteem until my skill in seeking and acquiring them was so powerful that I was able to find the perfect mate. I could start beating the shit out of her tomorrow and she'd still stick around. I got it made in the shade. Sorry for you other loser white Knight faggots who have consciences. What's it like to be an empath? Looks shitty to me.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 367x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 367x500
>>16510925
>>
File: 1447645717371.gif (2 MB, 286x258) Image search: [Google]
1447645717371.gif
2 MB, 286x258
>>16510932
>>
>>16509449
>when the average guy would chop his foot off to get a relationship

Woah slow down there chump, stop projecting your insecurities to everyone.
>>
>>16510491

imagine being this obtuse
>>
>>16510370
>Actually, you HAVE to do something to get something, it's not like girls are going to fuck you because you just stand there or talk to them like nothing.
Fair point, but there's a major difference between logistics ("I'd like a girlfriend, maybe I should meet some women") and transactions ("If I do this, this, and this, then she'll fuck me"). The former is realistic; the latter is creepy.
>>
>>16510925
>What's it like to be an empath?
Like playing exotic hedge funds. High up-front costs, moderate risks, but major ROI if you can stick it out.
>>
File: 1409016864844.png (27 KB, 342x245) Image search: [Google]
1409016864844.png
27 KB, 342x245
>>16509449
>"oh no look at me I'm a girlfriendless straight male,"
>"literally 99% of the female population wants a dick to suck"
>"even if I'm fat and ugly and have shitty self esteem I still have a dick so my chances are never actually 0"
>"fuck me, right guys?"
>"us straight people have it so hard!"
>":(((("
>mfw

I mean, shit fuck sorry bro, you'll find a girl some day, have hope man, dude come on :))
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.