[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In what world does a girl go over to her male co-workers place
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 2
File: bleh.jpg (136 KB, 470x246) Image search: [Google]
bleh.jpg
136 KB, 470x246
In what world does a girl go over to her male co-workers place to play vidya and it not be a romantic/sexual thing?

Maybe I have trust issues but I feel like I've been here before and I don't want to be here again.
>>
You make it sound like that's not a common thing to happen. Are you one of those 'guys and girls can't be friends' people?
>>
if she wants to play she wants you. even if she say no anon you take her she will like it
>>
>>16508733
Fair enough, I just have never heard of it in any of my friends dialogues beyond the "i want to bang her" context.

>>16508741
Should of clarified, shes a fresh gf (first I've had since a long term 2 years ago) and was her reply when I asked what she was up to. Its currently midnight but shes usually up late so not sure if thats influential.

Maybe I'm just too paranoid for relationships now.
>>
>>16508733
It isn't common.
>>
>>16508759
>friends playing video games together isn't common
>>
>>16508760
The majority of guys and the majority of girls aren't playing the same sort of games. Generally, it is uncommon for opposite sexes to have similar interests. Which is why, it's not that they can't be friends, it's just that most aren't and have no reason to be.
>>
>>16508780
My gf is a gamer and they are both playing halo 5. They both work at gamestop. She usually drinks with a few of them but this is the first 1 on 1. I have just never encountered a relationship that remained platonic between a girl and a guy who chilled solo. Maybe I'm just narrow minded.

>inb4 someone telling me to get a girl that likes better games blah blah
>>
>>16508724
Just to clarify this...
Its your gf at her male co-workers friends house playing vidya right ?
Or
Are you the male co-worker?
>>
>>16508760
A female going to visit a male friend to "play video games" until midnight isn't common, unless "play video games" is code for fucking.

I mean, maybe if there's a group of people there, but going alone and not taking her boyfriend along? That's suspect as fuck.
>>
>>16508810
1st 1-1 is a red flag...
Were they friends before you 2 got together?
Is he chad teir ?
>>
>>16508811
> Its your gf at her male co-workers house playing vidya

"I'm about to Clarkes and play Halo"
>>
Unless he is a friend that she knew since a child then this is not a good idea. Though even after saying that it's hella weird if she is going over to another guys place for an extended period of time. Remember OP women are fickle.
>>
>>16508810
I'm not too interested in your specific anecdotal situation. You're right about the platonic relationships though.. I feel like you're not the same person I was replying to.
>>
>>16508819
She met him after me.
No hes pretty similar to me based on the one time I've met the dude.

>>16508833
My bad, I'm OP. Didn't mean to miss-link just thought it worked as a segue.
>>
>>16508832
Yea, thats the feeling I'm getting. But maybe I'm leaning towards confirmation bias. Shes still texting me a the moment and I dont know if anything would happen tonight but I'm thinking more about possible future occurrences I guess.
>>
>>16508845
>met him after me

Fuck this OP get her out of there right now she has no business spending 1-1 time with snoyher guy like that... that isnt even a friend thing its just suspect.

Tell her you dont like the idea of it.
Tell her you dont trust or know this guy.
Tell her to stop doing it or your out.

Im not normally the type of person to say this either but i think she is cheating OP....sorry to say bro.
>>
Sucks when your girl is cheating on you and can only bother to give you the feeblest of lies. Not even putting effort into her ruse. Sitting there, knowing she's being fucked by a man and will return home to you to lie to your face. The lack of respect, the humiliation, the trust lost, combined with the confusion and frustration that comes with not knowing how to handle the situation, is all very traumatic. But you gotta cut her loose quickly to mitigate the damage, OP.

I've dulled myself from ever becoming emotionally attached to anyone so this stuff doesn't bother me anymore.
>>
>>16508856
I would honestly pass her up. I mean really, does she think she would be cool with you going over some girls house watching Netflix that you met after her? I don't think she would, no woman would. So if I were you, proceed with caution.
>>
>>16508862
Is it worth even bothering to tell her I dont like the idea of it? I mean, she did tell me she was going over to his house which is more than she could have I guess, but at the same time I dont really want to go through this kind of headspace on the regular.

>>16508864
We dont live together, but you know, thanks for the thought. I was cheated on in my last relationship after 2 years, so thats why I'm wary now. I'd like to be emotionally numbed but I also enjoy romance so its a hard thing for me to be honest.
>>
>>16508864
>would rather live my life alone and pointlessly then give love a chance again cause muh feelings got hurt.
growup kid
Or dont
Living life for no reason is probly a very good reason to live ...
>>
>>16508864
I'm close to being like you. I just don't trust women anymore. I thought it was the kind I was picking after I kept getting the same outcome with girls friends and family would introduce me to. I can honestly say that I had not been in a single relationship where the girl has not cheated on me.
>>
>>16508724
Without any other context, you're fucked.

The main reason is that if you're worried enough to post on the internet, the trust isn't there. So either way you're done.

Given, going over to a guys house to "play fallout 4 and chill" is shady. So you're probably right.

1) Do you trust her
a) Y
- stop being paranoid and shut the fuck up
b) N
- stop beating around the bush
>>
>>16508877
It is def 100% worth telling her you dont like it bro.... she is doing something you dont like... did you tell her you got cheated on before?
Does she know you have trust issues?
If she does then maybe she is just seeing how far she can push you?
I can tell you right now that unless i was the most beta fuck going i def would not just be cool to have a bitch over playing vidya i would be 80 - 90% sure i was going to get laid before i do that.
The point of
>she could have told me less then she did
Is a mute point she would be strait up fucking lieing if she hadnt at least said what she did so thats somewhat of a good sign i guess.
>>
ANON STOP. TRUST YOUR GF.

Ive done lots of 1v1 gaming sessions without the bf. No cheating.

Seriously either trust her or realize you can't trust her and that the relationship is doomed from the start because of your lack of faith in it.
>>
>>16508879
There are plenty of other reasons to live life. It doesn't have to be full of romance, some people life never getting married or being in a real relationship.
>>
>>16508883
Your clearly doing something fucked up
Eg. Not caring if they start acting sus.
Playing too much vidya
Working too much...
>>
>>16508889
Then you are of the 1%. Be honest if you had a BF who went over some random girls house for a Netflix and chill session you'd think that was shady as hell.
>>
>>16508890
>tfw dosent realise the meaning of life ultimately is to procreate....
>tfw making excuses cause muh feeling got hurt tho..

Srysly anon just keep trying until you meet the right person it will happen.
>>
You can probably trust her, as she is probably one of those girls who pretends to not realize that all her guy "friends" want to fuck her. Just know if given the chance this guy will fuck your gal.
>>
>>16508884
I have trust issues in general, I came to the internet to see if I was overreacting to the situation since I have never encountered a video game + chill guy + girl that wasnt leading into something. We have broken a lot of walls which is great and why I'm even bothered to not just friends with benefits, but trusting is definitely not something I do easily. I just dont trust the situation, I dont know the dude, I dont know much about her previous relationships, etc etc.

>>16508888
No and no, we've known eachother for 3 months, dated for 1. I agree with the beta comment, although I am probably beta af for making this thread over a chick I've known for so little time but i dont know I just like her more than anyone I've met in a long while.
>>
>>16508893
The only thing I do that I guess isn't normal where I live is go clubbing. Other than that nothing out of the ordinary, I don't smoke or have any bad habits. This is just the cards that I have been dealt.
>>
>>16508906
You need to tell her in the same convo you have when you tell her you dont like this.
Alternatively you can go hang out with the guy aswell ? Iunno anon if i were you i would already be over there banging in the door... or i just would have told her no to begin with.
>>
>>16508900

>1%
Lol

Netflix and chill is different than active entertainment And you know it.
Would you freak out if this was a free tennis lesson? Come on man.
>>
>>16508910
Shame dude. Still dont let it fuck you up... be an alpha and move on ... nothibg good comes from being a beta af fag.
>>
>>16508918

Also this is quoted. OP you need to get to the root of these trust issues. Maybe she is cheating on you and I'm sorry. But either way no relationship is successful with someone who is paranoid
>>
>>16508906
It really depends on the girl, and that is from experience. If you like her, just give her more of a chance. Take what /adv/ says with a grain of salt and don't fuck up something that could potentially be amazing for the sake of some paranoia and trust issues.
>>
It's not common, but it does exist.

In my case, I hang out with a girl from my work a lot and I've never wanted to go beyond that. I am in no way attracted to her and she claims she isn't attracted to me, but we like the same things and get along well. Her bf doesn't mind that we hang out since he knows I won't make a move since she's the polar opposite of my type and he trusts her.

I'm not saying this is the case for everyone though so take it with a grain of salt
>>
>>16508918
>1-1 gaming session alone at the dudes house past midnight.
>free tennis lesson

Are you actually trying to say these 2 things are the same anon ? If so you are the definition of a fucking potato
>>
>>16508927
Fine change it to an all night round of programming or painting or modeling something else that lasts for awhile the issue is that if they are focused on doing something its different than passive focus of watching something.
>>
>>16508918
A free tennis lesson isn't the same, because that's out in the public. Just like Netflix and chill, you are sitting there on the couch close together laughing and giggling and doing what ever the fuck.
>>
>>16508906
Ok, that's fair. The case statement stands; but If you're just looking to see if you're overreacting; most likely not.

It's probably not a secret meetup for them to fuck.But, other guys will try to win her over if she's a good catch. So, unless you've already fucked up it's only bad from a probability over time perspective.
>>
>>16508916
So bringing it up now is a no go? I was about to but I dont know.

>>16508918
Tennis lesson is in public at least they arent going to be in someones room or something. Thats my logic at least.

>>16508923
Yea you are right about that. Its just that its hard to find girls I actually vibe with and want more than just a fuck from (as long as theyre cool with that). I dont know how to not be paranoid like this though, or even how to approach getting over this if I wasnt in a relationship.

>>16508931
Honestly think casual halo is closer to netflix than any of those activities.
>>
>>16508940
Is she with you now or with him ?
>>
File: 135885739121.jpg (109 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
135885739121.jpg
109 KB, 500x500
>>
>>16508948
Him still I think, I stopped replying like 30 min ago though so she could of left. Unsure.
>>
>>16508955
.... if it were me bro she never would have gone... now its sorta a shitty situation... what was the last msg she sent you?
>>
>>16508966
I asked her if she was still over hasnt replied yet.
She asked for a picture of me then said I was cute since she might of been able to tell I wasnt 100% about the halo thing.
Ill just let her know now. If it doesnt blow over, oh well, same spot I was in before her I guess.
>>
>>16508966
I was too beta to say no outright. I used to be controlling but then girls got mad about that, now Im too passive and girls "do what they want" what a great time.
>>
>>16508976
She senses it. Trust me.
>>
>>16508979
I know the feels buddy my fiancé fucked me around not long ago... its all about what makes you comfortable... if your uncomfortable then there is a reason. Address the reason then go from there and if this dosent work out for you then dont sweat it there are lots of women out there.
>>
Just an update on this thread.
I asked
"Are you still alone at clarkes house?"
she called me and asked if I was ok with that
I said It made me feel uncomfortable because I have trust issues but I didnt want to be "that guy"
She said she appreciated that I told her how I feel since thats supposed to happen and said that she didnt judge me for it.
She then offered to come over to my place instead.

So, shes coming over now.
I dont know I feel like this is ok.
Yea.
This is ok.

Thanks everyone.
>>
>>16509002
Make sure her breath doesn't smell like cock
>>
>>16509002
>She finaIIy offers to come over after ignoring you on and off the whoIe night
>She's been hooking up with her 1 on 1 and you've been interrupting
>She's finaIIy done messing around behind your back and now she's going to pass by on the way home to make sure you're stiII on the hook

>AND lN THE FlRST LlNE YOU ADMlT YOU'VE BEEN lN THlS SlTUATlON BEFORE AND LEARNED NOTHlNG

HoIy shit is everyone on this board this beta?

You are IiteraIIy setting yourseIf up aII over again and you seemed to have taken it pretty hard the first time around. How are you going to feeI when you find out it happened again?

How are you peopIe kucked so hard in a worId with biIIions of peopIe to choose from?
>>
>>16509042
You've twisted what happened to make it the most negative outcome possible. You're more paranoid than OP and it's not even your relationship. It sounds more like she's only just realised how much it bothered OP and she tried to fix the problem the best she could.
>>
>>16509002
Glad you got a good outcome OP just remember bud communication is the key to relationships without it shit is locked down. Express how you feel and if she respects you and your relationship then she will at a minimum try to compromise so you bith can be happy about a situation.
>>
>>16509056
>You're more paranoid than OP

>OP made a thread in the /adv/ section of an anonymous anime board site where he immediateIy says he's been in this situation before

>Doesn't just ask reaI Iife friends because he knows they'II Iaugh their asses off at how kuck'd OP is and they wouId never Iet something Iike this fIy
>>
If there's one thing /adv/ has taught me it's that reasonable people can have entirely different standards on whether this sort of thing is okay or not. The only surety is that both sides will accuse the other of being keks (and has a word filter ever crippled this board more?)

Naturally, both sides think the answer is just SO OBVIOUS and anyone is crazy who doesn't agree.
>>
Simple solution - tell her you're spending one on one time with a female co-worker.

If she doesn't care - she's not cheating. If she acts out - she is.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.