[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I struggle to hold conversations because I'm actually a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 600x600
I struggle to hold conversations because I'm actually a really boring person and the only hobby I have seems vein (powerlifting)

What's a fun hobby I can take up that others would be interested to hear in conversation?
I'm trying to work on my social skills.

Any other advice on
>starting a conversation
>maintaining a conversation
>talking to women
>knowing what to talk about when talking to women
>>
What do you want to be interested in? What did you enjoy doing before you hit puberty and got obsessed with women?
>>
>>16506905

umm... I played videogames...
>>
>>16506928
And what what did you do before that?
>>
File: redfish.jpg (308 KB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
redfish.jpg
308 KB, 1800x1200
I personally like adventure. The outdoors, travel, vehicles, guns, boats, whatever. I live in a state where such things are easily accessible and I'm passionate about it so I can talk about those topics easily.

Just find something you're passionate about that isn't trying to get women or boring guy exclusive hobbies (Sports, vidya, trading card games, the internet, etc.)

Some grills will have genuine interest in guy hobbies, but it's rare to find the ones that didn't pick it up as a skin deep interest for attention.
>>
>>16506934
I did say I was boring. I need suggestions, I like hobbies that I can read about online, maybe read a detailed book from a professional and then try for myself.

Hence why I like lifting, I read a good book or two on it then go out and practise,
>>
>>16506942
Thank you for the advice, it really helps.
>>
>>16506958
The other thing I forgot to mention is media you like to enjoy can also make for an easy topic to talk about. Movies, TV shows, music, books, fine art, theater productions, literally whatever so long as you're interested enough in it to hold a conversation.
>>
>>16506970
Interesting point, I've really got to expand my horizon and try new things because nothing ever jumps to mind that I'm particularly passionate about. Tends to leave me in an awkward conversation where I'd rather not talk about myself.

Thanks again though.
>>
>>16506898
The word you're looking for is 'vain'. And you can talk about literally anything except for being a gymrat. Like music, food, past experiences, your favorite this and that, your dislikes, silly questions. Are you saying you don't have any interest in anything whatsoever except for lifting?
>>
>>16506942
music? is that good ground?
>>
>>16506990
Yeah, just remember that most people are plebs when it comes to music. They might not know anything about your obscure hipster avant-garde music and you might not like their top 40 pop station favorites.
>>
Yes music is perfect try picking up playing a guitar or some other instrument
>>
Women like knitting
>>
omg seriously? you shouldn't pick up hobbies as something to talk about conversation wise! Hobbies are just a fun way to waste time. If you want to be less boring you need to find passions, or at least stuff that you're interested in. I like lifting and I can talk to girls for at least ten minutes on physiological components of lifting and running and then segue into running which I previously enjoyed and from there I could segue into something else bc that's what good conversations sound like--lot's of ADD seguing. Good books and current events in other countries also make great conversation points. The only interesting hiking conversations I have correspond to the times I've almost died on the trails... I liked hiking for hikings sake when I hiked. If you're a boring person you should introduce yourself to new things, places, ideas. Don't get a hobby with the expectation that you're going to sound more interesting bc of it
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.