[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't I get a date?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: 1442960170809.jpg (60 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
1442960170809.jpg
60 KB, 600x399
Hey guys, I'm 20, pretty decent looking (6.5-7/10) and have mediocre social skills. Basically, the last five girls I've pursued some sort of relationship with have all dropped me before they even got a chance to know me. Thing is, I would try and set up a date so that we could meet in person, and regardless of whether or not the conversation went on, I would never get an answer. Not even a "no," the question would simply be ignored. Why is this? Some of the times, after it was clear that things weren't going to work out, I would even ask why. Never got an answer as to why they just quit talking to me, so there's no way to get better. What the fuck am I even doing wrong?
>>
>>16506249
Are you meeting these girls through tinder or what?
>>
It sounds like your social skills are worse than you thought.

Post screenshots of some conversations for actual advice
>>
>>16506271
First one I went to school with, and reconnected with later, she lived several hours away. Three were on OK cupid, and the most recent one was a co-worker's niece.
>>16506272
Yeah, probably. Most were awhile ago, but I could probably make one up for you.
>>
File: IMG_20151127_102041.jpg (375 KB, 1080x1842) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151127_102041.jpg
375 KB, 1080x1842
>>16506280
>>
File: IMG_20151127_102109.jpg (370 KB, 1080x1848) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151127_102109.jpg
370 KB, 1080x1848
>>16506306
The last message was sent over two days ago, as you can see, and I still haven't heard back.
>>
>>16506314
The other girls I talked to basically did the same thing, too. I would either have to text again changing the subject, or if the message I sent said something in addition to asking for a date/phone number, they would answer the other part and just completely dodge the question.
>>
>>16506249
It's how girls are. Stuck up whores who feel "privileged" enough to ignore guys who aren't good enough looking or with a good car/house/job and/or money.
>>
>>16506306
First off you double texted immediately.

You gotta wait for the girl to respond and not get too excited. Girls pick up on this

And then you made another 2 mistakes in the second text "text me whenever"

1. You made yourself too available
2. In our society the man is the aggressor. if you aren't messaging her other guys will.

She didn't respond because you basically fucked up.

Don't worry dude a lot of guys have to learn these things I know I did
>>
>>16506340
welcome to misogyny.
>>
>>16506352
I waited an hour. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't texting someone in another damn state, cause I was only given the last 7 digits. Also, I don't see a problem with the other thing either. I just didn't want her to feel bad about texting me at 4am.
>>
File: 1426788650542.png (345 KB, 498x568) Image search: [Google]
1426788650542.png
345 KB, 498x568
>>16506314
lol
>>
>>16506366
1 hour is not even the length of one movie. most people work 8 hours shifts and cannot check their phones. It just looks clingy to text twice ESPECIALLY within 1 hour. This girl actually had the grace to message after you did that. Most girls you wouldn't get a response back after that.

On these dating sites the girls are receiving hundreds of messages a day from guys. They don't need to message people whenever unless they are already emotionally invested in that person.

As some one who went from not having dates on tinder to getting dates I can speak from experience on these issues.

You can choose to take my advice or not, but you yourself say you have been doing the same thing to multiple girls and getting the same results.
>>
>>16506352
>>16506366
This guy is right you literally fucked up within the first hour, if a girl really likes you she will make time.

If she ignores your texts that basically letting you down the easiest way possible.

I know it sucks but it is the truth
>>
>>16506421
>>16506425
So... they're all cunts? I'm just gonna throw myself off a bridge lol.
>>
>>16506432
No basically you gotta learn the game (adapt)
>>
>>16506436
I just have to have my soul crushed enough times till I can't feel anything anymore and don't give a shit. Then the girls will flock. They'll just be old and fat and have three kids.
>>
>>16506439
dude don't give up. online dating isn't for everyone. Especially for people who give up too easily.

If you aren't having any luck online try joining clubs or meetup groups to meet girls. Soon you will be 21 and can go to more venues.

If you are really serious about finding a girl and you can't, you might need to look within yourself.

I suggest watching these youtube videos https://www.youtube.com/user/ActualizedOrg
>>
>>16506445
This isn't online dating. I met this girl in real life, she thought I was cute and wanted me to text her so I did. I honestly don't even find her very attractive, I was going to follow through with it so I could do what NO girl has ever done for me and give her a fucking chance. Maybe she's really sweet and wife material. But probably not based off what I've seen so far lol.
>>
Basically most girls and guys are total self-absorbed assholes (at least the ones you wanna fuck are). These people only use their sexuality to get things that they want. They don't want to hang around nice guys and girls because they might accidentally start caring about someone other than themselves. Not all the sexy ladies are this way though. If you search hard enough, you can find a gem.
>>
>>16506459
Well, I gave what advice I could, but by the looks of things you have your head too far up your own ass to see things as they are or take any advice.

I'm guessing you just wanted an outlet to bitch and whine.

Good luck, but I don't see anything changing for you unless you work on yourself a bit more
>>
>>16506467
No, I'm just trying to find a way to vent my frustrations without resorting to depression... again.
>>
>>16506459
Don't listen to these idiots. Playing tricks on nice people's minds isn't a game, it's straight up selfishness. Keep on keeping on m8, you'll find one who's not a silly bitch like all the others.
>>
>>16506439
>I just have to have my soul crushed enough times till I can't feel anything anymore and don't give a shit.
desu you shouldn't really be feeling anything for them before you've fucked a few times. Think of them as seats on a bus, you don't start sobbing just because the first few are taken.
Also, pursue several of them at a time when you can.
>>
>>16506467
Also, I'm not necessarily shooting down your advice, it's just that I like myself. And I don't want these girls to break me down to the point where I lose all my character and become something I'm not.
>>
>>16506469
I'm depressed and I'm still able to talk to girls you just gotta learn how

try the suicide hotline or a therapist if you want to vent dude. I spent my time giving you some solid advice that you won't use.

Here's more advice just get right to the point. Like with that girl ask her out for a coffee instead of asking her indirectly what shes doing this weekend, and with this thread asking for advice instead of asking to vent.

Only come to advice if you are actually looking for advice
>>
>>16506479
Bro, I don't get that many chances. And it's not that I get attached or fall in love, it's just that you can only fail so many times in a row without thinking there's something fundamentally wrong with you. Which is where I'm at right now.
>>
You should visit a different country maybe. American pussy is tore up.
>>
>>16506487
>And it's not that I get attached or fall in love, it's just that you can only fail so many times in a row without thinking there's something fundamentally wrong with you.
Well, there isn't. People are just shitty when they can get away with it because it's easier, like littering.
>>
>>16506485
Well I'm venting, but also looking for answers. But I'm really not trying to be another pua scumbag. Anyhow, should I ask this girl to coffee, or should I not "double text?" Frankly, I kind of hate this girl on a personal level now, so I don't think I could go out with her anymore.
>>
>>16506497
Yep.
>>
>>16506497
Thank you. Someone's finally talking sense.
>>
>>16506314 I think you asked too soon. Maybe talk first a little and try to show how interesting you are
>>
>>16506515
I thought about that, but she works graveyard, so texting to have a casual conversation would be a complete joke.
>>
>>16506505
the ship has sailed on this grill, but take what you learned and move on to the next george foreman
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.