[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hello everyone i came to /adv/ before but i need more answers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5
File: abcd.jpg (23 KB, 466x311) Image search: [Google]
abcd.jpg
23 KB, 466x311
hello everyone
i came to /adv/ before but i need more answers since the situation changed

im a 34 year old khv
ive lived in my apartment for 14 year now
ive had my anime, manga, books, shows, movies, video games, and some other things to keep me busy
i haven't really left my apartment in 14 years, my parents paid for everything
i do have a car that i got when i was 18, really love dthose cars back then
its an rx7 FB
anyway
my father passed away
and im scarred what will happen to my life if my mother is gone to
she doesnt have anything planned if she does pass away for me
so
should i get a job? that really scares me and i dont know what to do
thank yous!
>>
>34 year old
You should really consider asking that somewhere else than /adv/. I don't want to be that guy but you're really too old for this board.
>>
>>16506173
how
how am i different from >>16503381

i trust you guys
youve been my only friends for a long time
>>
>>16506157
>34
>should i get a job?
Yes, you twat.

Best of luck, would of been easier finding a job those 10-14 years ago.
>>
>>16506214
but i dont want one
i dont know what i woul dhav edone
please dont
>>
>>16506551
seriously asking, are you autistic? no offense
>>
>>16506583
stop it
>>
>>16506187
>>16506551
>>16506587
This is part of the ride man. Most people experience this when they're a teenager. Now that you've put off growing up for so long you get to do it without the help of your parents because they'll be dead. This is why everyone told you your whole life to not do this. Now you've made your bed and you can lie in it. You can either put on your big boy panties and figure out how to be an adult, kill yourself, or stay inept and go homeless and eventually be killed by your own negligence.
>>
>>16506621
14 years of your parents paying for everything? You lucky spoiled biotch
>>
>>16506625
>>16506621
stop it
nobody told me
i just
i dont want this life to end
i dont want it to end
>>
>>16506746
Everything ends. You can't just shut out reality. Nobody told you? Consider this being told. Ask me questions and I'll help.
>>
>>16506756
how do i not have to go work
>>
>>16506775
By killing yourself or becoming so severely disabled that you can't move.
>>
This OP reminds me of some crazy bitch i tried to help once cus she was my neigbour. Whahaha you're fucked OP.
>>
>>16506786
>>16506793
stop it guys....
>>
>>16506793
hey
>>
File: kirei anguish.jpg (83 KB, 1124x720) Image search: [Google]
kirei anguish.jpg
83 KB, 1124x720
>>16506157
>>
>>16506775
You inherit money, live with family stupid enough to take you in, or go on welfare or disability. All provide minimal I'd any luxuries.

Are you so unwilling to work that you'd rather have no shelter or food? Because that's pretty much the choice you have to make. Why do you not want to work exactly? It doesn't sound like you're doing anything important meanwhile. You know your place and hobbies are still gonna be there when you're not working right?
>>
>>16507017
its not the same
i cant leave this life behind
>>
>>16507026
why not
>>
Hello, me in 16 years.
>>
> post bait
> reel in
> cackle like small child
> start crying when suddenly realise bait story is biography
>>
>>16507026
>implying it can't be better than it is right now

Please.
>>
>>16507148
it cant
im happy
i dont want htis to change
>>
>>16507053
He sounds like he has that phobia of leaving his home. It's a serious thing and if im right he needs to get help now. It's a huge life ruiner! I forgot what its called but people will stay inside their homes and NEVER come out. They're terrified to. They won't even step out long enough to check their mail :/
>>
>>16507156
OK well I'm not going to waste my time someone who won't help themself in the slightest so good luck with being homeless
>>
>>16507156
Heres whats going to happen..

>Another 14 will go by
>Your parents will be old and feeble, your dad will most likely be dead.
>You have no choice but to take care of your ailing mother in her house aka the place you grew up if shes lucky enough to be able to keep it
>You probably will get a shitty job until you get fired or quit because you are too incompetent
>Youll be reminising the good ol days back when everything was easy
>Youll revert back into a kid secretly
>Your mom will get too ill and will require professinal assistance. This is her last stop before she passes away.
>No one wilk take you in and if they do, they will kick you out.
>All your shit you ever owned will be gone, no home no storage
>youll be homeless living on the streets

At that point, you would be lucky if you win the lotto or throw yourself in front of a train. That was your life, the life of a man living in his second childhood.

If you want to prevent this, you will need to get over yourself, bust your ass, find a job and maybe be able to sustain yourself. It only gets harder OP. Its either that or just sell your shit, writr your letters, and kill yourself peacefully and painlessly.

The kiddie fun time amusement park is now out of business. Sadly, this is growth.. Sadly, you must grow up.
>>
>>16507671
thats not fair why should I have to hate life
>>
>>16508122
You don't have to, how you feel about it is up to you. Regardless life will happen to you.
Talking to you is a bit like talking to a 7 year old.
>>
>>16508122
>>16507156
>>16507026

what dont you want to leave behind so much? the NEET life doesn't sound very fun
>>
>>16508122

It's not too late anon, but time is not your friend this late in the game.

Though it's never too late to improve your quality of living. Get real assistance - there are plenty of resources out there. It's obvious that you aren't exactly a mentally healthy individual and are incapable of living on your own. In your situation I would apply for government subsistence.

It might not be what you want, but you'll be able to eat. Afterwards, I would advise getting in some training. The goodwill has free job training programs if you're feeling up to it, if you're really bold check out your local institutes - usually they have paid GED classes and whatnot.
>>
>>16508385
i do live alone though and im mentaly fine
>>
File: 1447627411257.jpg (164 KB, 690x1127) Image search: [Google]
1447627411257.jpg
164 KB, 690x1127
>>16508385

Also, try to be as frugal as possible.

I know food for you shut-in types is extremely costly with all the name brand snacks, sodas, and whatever other vices you've got goin' on.

Though, eating decent isn't nearly as expensive. it'll save you a triple-bypass, a colostomy bag, and a $55,000 bill later down the road.
>>
>>16508417
huh
>>
File: Square-Peg-Round-Hole[1].png (87 KB, 363x343) Image search: [Google]
Square-Peg-Round-Hole[1].png
87 KB, 363x343
>pls guys how do I put the square peg into the round hole

You're going to have to do something to live, and you are obviously not mentally fine judging by what you've written here.

>>16508122
>thats not fair why should I have to hate life

You dipshit, you've coasted easily for 34 years, you'll have to do something with your life eventually. There is no magic method of surviving, everyone here has found there own way so far.

>inb4 'guys don't pls, stop it'
>>
>>16508538
why should i be forced to have a job
>>
>>16508122
You have to hate it because you obviously refuse to change your situation. Maybe its a mental thing and you may need help. Talk to your parents about your problem and tell then your going to see a psychiatrist, theb go to one. Im 26 and Im unemployed living with my parents but Im looking for a job or at least considering taking up something that will make me the bread so I could leave. Not saying you should take after me because I, like you, coasted through life to some degree. Im the last person that you can say is happy. Infact im miserable dick otherwise I wouldnt be back on /adv/.

What Im saying is you gotta aim for better and work for it now harder than ever. We dont hate you, OP. We dont even know you but every anon in this thread would agree.
>>
>>16508569
you're just projecting , i'm happy
>>
>>16508576
If you were happy, you wouldnt really be so concerned. Dads gone, all you have is mom. What happens when mom goes? You are afraid of losing your mother which is logical for anyone who loves their mother but also terrified once shes gone, whats going to happen to you. You are projecting this false sense of happiness on yourself when deep down, your scared shitless.. Your in denial

You maybe baiting, but there are people who actually are in a situation similar and saying the same shit you are saying lurking so heres the straight dope. Life is hell no matter how you slice it.
>>
>>16508590
what? those things have nothing to do with each other
why do you want everyone to be as sad as you
>>
>>16508606
Because you are sad yourself. Its sad you are 34 and havent done shit. You are here wondering if you should get a job. You seem not to want one or want to change. Theres no point of this thread, dude. Just say your NEET and you love it so this thread can die.
>>
You have to get a job. It's best to start now.
Your parents aren't going to be there forever.
When they're gone, who will support you? Everything needs to be payed for.
>>
>>16508545
How about you tell me why you think you shouldn't have to have one, and everyone else in the country should work to support you.
>>
>>16508623
im not sad?
>>16509627
because i dont want this to end
>>16508930
i don teven know how
>>
>>16506157
I would like to fly like Superman, but I can't. That's life, and I adjust.

You would like to live in your cave forever and have other people pay all your bills forever and have no work or responsibility.

But you can't. That's life. Adjust.

Your parents are almost certainly going to die before you do. That means that at some point the money is going to stop coming. That's an inescapable fact.

It would probably be a good idea for you to face that fact and prepare for that day. To do that, you have to find another source of money. That almost certainly means earning it yourself. That means getting a job. That means getting off your ass and finding one.

I can't fly like Superman and you can't just sit there for the rest of your life. That's reality.
>>
>>16509686
stop being so mean
>>
>>16509696
None of us are being mean. We're being honest and helpful. You are not going to be able to do anything until you see that.
>>
I surely hope this is a troll thread, because if not, with this mentality and approach to life OP will end up homeless, raped and beaten and dead. I'm not being mean, just realistic
>i'm dont want to work, bah!
Most people don't, but they do anyway because it's the only way to stay afloat. You will have to as well, and if you refuse to, you'll end up poorly once your parents die. Such is life. But reading your posts I get the feeling you won't do anything and just get really really fucked once your parents die
>>
then what am i supposed to do you jerks
why are you trying to mess up what i have
>>
>>16509879
Once your parents die, you're going to have to provide for yourself. You'll be forced to get a job, or become homeless. It'd be a lot better if you got a job now, that way you can gain experience and not be a 45 year old new to the job market. We're only trying to help.
>>
>>16509902
so what do i do
>>
This thread is officially dead.
>>
>>16509664
>>16509664
What you want is irrelevant. It will end
>>
>>16509908
You get a job. Getting a job is your next step. What you do next is get a job. You go outside and you get a job.
>>
>>16506157
What does KHV mean?
>>
>>16510232
how
>>
Hilarious thread.
>>
>>16510412
By applying for them. Join job searching websites, download fill out and turn in application forms, see if there's anyone you know who'd be willing to pull strings for you and get you in somewhere. Go to a job center and ask for advice. Ask your mother how to write a CV/resume, she might even be so pleased you've decided to get off your ass that she'll actually help.

To be frank, at your age you'll have some trouble. Employers will invariably wonder what in the hell you've been doing for the last decade to have no record of work or education during that time, and they'll likely wonder (rightly) if someone so irresponsible is someone they should be trusting with a job.

But it shouldn't be impossible. My first job was in a cinema, and I'm comfortable in asserting that they'd have hired literally anyone due to the high staff turnover rate. It was a pretty easy job too. Part time, but once you have any work experience people will consider you more favourably for future employment.

Oh, and you have a license. That's useful, some jobs want that. It seems like it's the only thing you have going for you employability-wise besides (presumably) high school qualifications.
>>
>>16510412
Why don't you start with Google. Either that or post your address IT and maybe I'll come hold your hand for the next 14 years too?
>>
File: 1400806112338.jpg (60 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
1400806112338.jpg
60 KB, 750x600
your problem is you dont want a job.
>you NEED a job.
you need to start planning for what will happen when your mother dies funerals arent paid for by the state they are paid for by YOU because if you arent scared for the future you should be. you have wasted half of your life indoors and you going to have come out in the sunlight like the rest of the normal people and be an ADULT. dont expect the will to pay for everything for you. there will be some effort on your part thats if there is no-one else contesting the will. and trust me on this: one thing brings a faily closer/further apart is when a will is read because everybody thinks there is something in that will for them.
after that: you will be on your own devices after that.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.