[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Antidepressants
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: prozac caps.jpg (7 KB, 278x181) Image search: [Google]
prozac caps.jpg
7 KB, 278x181
Is 60mg of Fluoxetine a day a lot?

According to Dr. Google, major depression gets you 20mg and 60mg is for bulimia. I've not got an eating disorder or self-harm issue or anything so I don't quite get it, I didn't think my issue was that bad? I've not got a solid diagnosis but a depression-anxiety combo. And honestly, I don't know if I feel much different being on the meds than I did before.
>>
>>16505683
fuck you
>>
>>16505683
Fuck you.
>>
If it keeps you from killing yourself and doesn't make you feel like a zombie, where's the harm?
You should probably trust the doctor who prescribed it to you. Otherwise, get a second opinion from a qualified psychiatrist.
>>
>>16505699
I wasn't going to kill myself anyway... I've had trouble facing this issue because I feel like I'm being dramatic, I should man up and get over it. So my problem isn't a super pressing issue for me but the high dosage of medication for it is just really strange.
>>
>>16505707
Don't take it then.
>>
>>16505709
Doc says people going off medication because they don't think it's working is a stupid idea because they would be even worse without it. Wouldnt it make me suicidal to stop when I'm on a dose like this?
>>
>>16505723
Probably not, depends on how long you've been taking it. And even if you've been taking it for a while I doubt jack shit will happen. A lot of those anti depressants can also increase thoughts of suicide so really it's up to you which decision you think benefits you more.
>>
>>16505726
60mg for a month, 40mg for about 3 months before. I've been steadily increasing because I haven't noticed change. Maybe I should bring this up with the doctor, I'm not sure if she's just passing out happy pills like candy.
>>
It's not just a matter of how severe your condition is. It also depends on how sensitive you are to the medication. Psychiatric meds are supposed to have a very light touch, but that makes thrm very finicky; different people need different doses. You might just not be very sensitive to your medication, even though its mechanism of action is a good match for your condition.

I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum: we found a good match, but I'm hypersensitive to it. I have to get the snallest pill they make, cut that in four pieces, and take a piece daily. If I take any more, it knocks me right the fuck out for hours on end. Even that tiny dose, I still have to take right before bed, but at least I can wake up in the morning. But aside from the knockout effect, it works.

Different people need different doses. It doesn't mean you have bulimia. That's just what your body needs in order for the drug to work right.
>>
>>16505726
>A lot of those anti depressants can also increase thoughts of suicide so really it's up to you which decision you think benefits you more.
This is called a paradox reaction. It happens sometimes, but it's one of the surest indications that you have a poor match. If this happens to you, get off that medication as soon as you can: call your doc, tell them you're having a paradox reaction, and ask them how to get off of your medication safely. They have to tell you if you ask. Then, try a completely different medication.

Never stay on a medication that gives you thoughts of suicide. It is never worth it.
>>
Talk to a pharmacist if you're worried. They understand drugs way better than doctors.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.