[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scared I Might End Up Like Chris Chan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Why?.jpg (334 KB, 768x625) Image search: [Google]
Why?.jpg
334 KB, 768x625
I need some help. I am very worried that I might end up as the internets whipping boy. I live at home with my parents, but I go to university and am on my way to become a teacher. I am just worried that I might become him. The reason? I like to stay home and play video games, and spend money on games and things. Even just spend money on snack foods sometimes. What can I do to prevent myself from become like him? I don't want to go down that path.
>>
>>16505244
If those are the reasons you think you'll become like Chris-chan, then there's a million Chris-chans living all around you.
>>
>>16505256
Well, I've read some about him, but I really don't want to end up like him. What is it that made him so fucking awful? I am just worried about ending up in that position is all.
>>
>>16505244
Just take care of yourself anon to lift your self esteem. I don't go out at all, except my job at menards. I'm dropping out of college and work for free as an apprentice in this mechanic auto shop to learn. What do I do? I do push ups, sit ups and every now and then go for runs. It really helps the spirits I tell ya h'wat.
>>
>>16505261
He's fucking Autistic.

Go to encyclopediadramatica.se and look him up. You'll see why he's that way.
>>
Are you saying you have autism and many other mental illnesses and personality disorders?
>>
>>16505261
He is mentally ill, not an ordinary slob.
>>
>>16505261
A variety of things. Family that enabled his behavior, legitimate mental issues (I'm guessing autism but I'm pretty sure theres something else to it) that needed help, and the fact people keep provoking him helped make it cascade.

Like the guy maced someone because they tried to stop him from vandalizing cardboard cutouts at gamestop, it's not hard to be better off than that guy.

No, really.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJkjjpFM97w
>>
>>16505300
Whoa. He actually fucking did that? Jesus. Ok, maybe I won't be like that. From what I read, he was pretty ok before. Everything was fine, and then shit went bad. What can I do to prevent that is what I am saying.
>>
>>16505264
Hmm...might do that. I'm just scared, as I said before, that something will happen. Both of my parents are old (70 and 65). Im 21 by the way, and was adopted. My mother tends to blame things I do on autism, which is what I have. And autism is a bad thing on this place, so I don't like to say it.
>>
>>16505313
>Whoa. He actually fucking did that?
Yeah, because he's angry about the fact sonics arms are now blue rather than flesh colored. Or maybe vice versa, fuck if I can remember.

From what I can tell, his grandfather was the only one with the spine to tell him no. While he was being fucked with before he passed away, once he did it started to really snowball down as I understand. Like the whole girl/not girl thing.
>>
>>16505329
And the hell was all this "I'm bring it down!" Did someone say that in relation to him? And my god...why isn't he in like, a mental institute or something? Oh, and for extra bit to stay on track, how can I make it so that when I try to explain to people I play video games and such, they don't give me weird looks? More so, since it seems like this guy just plays games all day.
>>
>>16505368
>And my god...why isn't he in like, a mental institute or something?
Because up until that point he wasnt a threat to anyone.

>I try to explain to people I play video games and such, they don't give me weird looks?

>What are your hobbies?
>Videogames, [thing], [other thing]

Like it's not a big deal really if you're a well rounded person.
>>
>>16505261
He was born with autism (the real kind) and his parents hated doctors and psychiatrists, so he never received any treatment for it.

It's really weird that you'd even compare yourself to someone like this.
>>
>>16505387
I'm just worried about becoming him.
>>
>>16505261
being a sperg, posting autistic videos on youtube, fucking stuffed animals, drawing ugly rule 34, having imaginary friends, fanfiction writing, etc.
>>
>>16505320
Are you self-aware enough to become a teacher? Do you empathize with people? Can you read their emotions? Do you recognize the shit chris-chan does as cringeworthy? If so, fear not.
>>
>>16506164
Holy shit, this guy sounds so fucking bad. I think I can say I won't end up like him. But fuck me if this isn't really sad to read up on. OP here. I read up on him some more and found out about the fucked shit people were doing to him. Should I feel sorry for this guy or just laugh?
>>
What makes Chris-chan who and what he is? If you became Chris-chan, how would people know that you had?

This is something of a trick question, but it's important. The answer to the question is the fact that Chris-chan cannot answer it. For all the time he spends wrapped up in his own world, he has zero introspection to show for it. If he ever did, he would cease to be Chris-chan almost overnight. And this is why you will not become Chris-chan, OP. You cannot: your psyche has already demonstrated that it will not let you.

If you want a more concrete answer, then here goes: you sound like a basically functional human being. You've clearly suffered some setbacks, but rather than wallowing, you've got a plan and you're following it. You have some solitary interests, but you get out into the world on a regular basis. Your life isn't something that just HAPPENS to you: you recognize the power of your own agency. And because of all this, you are not Chris-chan.
>>
>>16506167
Honestly, it's hard not to do some of both. It IS sad, and he HAS been bullied. But he has repeatedly demonstrated that he does not respond to anything else: to a certain extent, he honestly needs something like this.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.