[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, so this is my cat.. his name is Token. I can't tell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 12
File: Token.jpg (283 KB, 1152x648) Image search: [Google]
Token.jpg
283 KB, 1152x648
Okay, so this is my cat.. his name is Token.

I can't tell anyone his name without them looking at me like I just said the most racist thing in the world. I just think Token is a cute name, and yes I knew that there was a black guy on South Park named token and I understand that reference, but that wasn't why I named him that... I named him after like a game token/coin.

Do I have to change his name or something? I'm so tired of people looking at me like I said something racist when I tell them my cats name... he's not even black. Ugh
>>
>>16504674
No, you don't need to change his name. Fuck those people, they're just looking for reasons to get offended. Your cat is adorable by the way.
>>
File: Token2.jpg (462 KB, 1344x756) Image search: [Google]
Token2.jpg
462 KB, 1344x756
>>16504681

Thanks, that's what I'm thinking too. Here's another picture of him.
>>
>>16504681

This to be honest, family. I didn't even think of it until you mentioned South Park in the OP. Never underestimate the ability for people to find offense in anything.
>>
>>16504713

Yeah, it's ridiculous. Like 90% of the people I tell make me repeat his name and then when I confirm what they thought they heard they give me this weird look or look at someone else in the room with a look on their face as if they wanted to say "wow I can't believe he named him that"

I'm like at the point where I just don't talk about him or I have to avoid saying his name until they ask.
>>
Whenever you talk to people about his name just say it with an L, like Tolken. It sounds the same but it's spelled with an L so no one will think you're racist if you name it after a writer.
>>
File: ! ! 5-5 - Bed room adventure!.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1952) Image search: [Google]
! ! 5-5 - Bed room adventure!.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1952
My cat and I say fuck those haters!
>>
>>16504674
moar pics op

MOAR PICS
>>
File: Token3.jpg (314 KB, 1344x756) Image search: [Google]
Token3.jpg
314 KB, 1344x756
>>16504948
Yeah that's what some people already think I said the first time I say his name.

>>16504972
Right on.

>>16504978
Lol, sure here you go.
>>
>being friends with people who watch South Park enough to immediately connect the name Token to it

sounds like you need new friends
>>
File: IMAG0037_resized.jpg (1 MB, 1836x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0037_resized.jpg
1 MB, 1836x2448
>>16504674
>Do I have to change his name or something?
No, your friends are dumb.

>I just wanna post pictures of my cat too.
>>
File: 20151109_203630-1.jpg (1 MB, 1454x1338) Image search: [Google]
20151109_203630-1.jpg
1 MB, 1454x1338
Those people are stupid, ignore them, your puss is a token of cuteness
>>
>>16504674
If it bothers you, tell people his name is Toke. If they ask, and most won't, you can go on to explain "It's short for Token because when I got him he was as small as a game piece"
>>
>>16504674
My one friend had a cat named nigger man. I thought it was hilarious due to the reference. I didn't give a fuck and I'm black.

If anyone shits themself over it tell them to fuck off.
>>
File: midnight1.jpg (645 KB, 1995x1944) Image search: [Google]
midnight1.jpg
645 KB, 1995x1944
That's one cute cat, and the name Token is really sweet, unique and catchy too. Fuck the dipshits somehow equating it with racism.

Pic: my quiet little cat Midnight.
>>
Fuck them, your Token is a cutie-patootie.
Mine is called Mr. Pawsies, and i constantly get those "not adequate for a 32 year old man" looks, but well, they are OUR mascots, not THEIRS, who are them? Oh, yeah, no one.
>>
The concept of a "Token" character is what's racist. It refers to an undiverse cast having one black member to defuse allegations of racism, called the 'token' black character.

Your cat is so cute.
>>
>>16504674
Your cat is a sweetie op. How old is he?

Also people are stupid af these days with their pc bullshit. It's not like you named him Slave.
>>
File: puhi.jpg (170 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
puhi.jpg
170 KB, 720x720
>>16505639
Also here's a pic of my old cat, rip. Best cat in the world :(
The vets didn't tell us he had cancer because apparently we didn't take him for that reason so they couldn't tell us.
>>
>>16505010
eh ma gew that kitty is so damn qt

how the fuck do you people get to resist the urge of hugging kitties that qt till his intestines come out of his butt is beyond me
>>
>>16504674
I have a white cat called sooty.
People laugh, I named him when I was 5 after the character on TV (I'm now 24).

Call your cat whatever you like, provided it isn't "nigger" or "fag lover" you should be ok.
>>
I'm a southern racist, so all of my animals (mostly) get named after "bad names"

My rabbits are named: Jigaboo Jim, Lil' Miss Moon Cricket, and Sergeant Sambo

OP: Fuck 'em
>>
File: 1422681719053.jpg (26 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1422681719053.jpg
26 KB, 500x375
>>16504674
>>16504972
>>16505311
>>16505539
>>16505643
God fucking cat owners are so cringe worthy.
>omg op posted a cat, time to share mine!
>>
>>16505650

Haha, I had a black cat called Sooty after the same character, though it's been about 20 years since my Sooty went to live at that nice farm in the countryside.

And keep your cat's name, OP. I didn't get the South Park reference though I can kind of see the token-black-guy connection when pointed out, but 'token' by itself doesn't have any racist connotations, it's not a word that has come to mean something entirely different. It's a cute name for a cute cat.
>>
File: 1448194584623.jpg (64 KB, 492x828) Image search: [Google]
1448194584623.jpg
64 KB, 492x828
OP have no hesitation telling someone your cat's name, and if they give you a weird look ask them why. if they say it's racist, just state he wasn't named for that and imply that they're racist for even making that connection.

personally I think it's more racist to be offended by perceived racism (especially if you're not even part of the targeted minority) than the perceived racism. but what do I know? I'm just a straight white male so I can never be the victim of racism.
>>
>>16505650
I wish I had named my cat Fag Lover, that would have been great.
>>
one has to wonder why would calling your cat 'token' would be racist. americas are such huge faggots.
>>
Token Tebogo Twala
>>
My cat and Token look like twins.
>>
File: mfr__horo_by_tsuyun-d347ci7.png (230 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
mfr__horo_by_tsuyun-d347ci7.png
230 KB, 600x600
>>16504674
I know that feeling, OP.
>in middle school named my cat Horo cuz Hollow doesn't sound really cute
>tfw I tell my friends at school about him
>tfw some years later after I get in anime I just knew Horo is the name of cat-eared goddess who's first appeared naked
>it was first aired around the time I tell my friends

Sometimes I'm afraid people thought I was THAT weeboo. At least Spice & Wolf is a good anime.
>>
Thanks everyone, making me feel better about the name, I really do like the name and I don't want to change it.

>>16505539
So majestic.
>>
well I work at a shelter and we have denied someone a cat adoption before because he was going to name the cat hitler
>>
If you have to consider changing the name of your cat just because other people think it's offensive and racist, simply means that you are living in a place with over-senstivie SJW people.

Did you name your cat for racist reasons? No. You named it that cuz it's cute, and that's nice.

I mean... what worth is our freedom of speech if you're going to censor a name? Hi California.

Coincidentally, I named my dog Hitler. So that I could say, "HEEL HITLER!"
>>
>>16506032
>Coincidentally, I named my dog Hitler. So that I could say, "HEEL HITLER!"
old meme please leave
>>
>>16506034
I really did tho.
>>
>>16506037
sure, buddy
>>
>>16505504
Kek. Thanks for the chuckles.
>>
>>16504674
Next time someone gives you that look OP just chuckle and say "Just kidding his real name is Niggerman, after the Lovecraft story." Fuck them OP.
>>
File: UHOHTHE_N_WORD.jpg (35 KB, 480x363) Image search: [Google]
UHOHTHE_N_WORD.jpg
35 KB, 480x363
>>16504674
My dad likes to name his dogs racial slurs

I'll suggest Token next time he gets a puppy
Thanks, OP!
>>
My uncle named his big black lab/pit mix Rastus.
>>
>>16506067
lmao I am so doing that in the future
>>
>>16504674
>Token.

I don't fucking get it

How is this a slur?
>>
>>16504674
The only people who could possibly ever consider that a racist name are those who have watched that particular cartoon often enough to remember the names of the characters. Still, as your social group seems to include a number of such people you need to find a workaround. I'd suggest getting something like a poker chip or a challenge coin, drilling a small hole in it and attaching it to his collar - "he's called Token because he wears a token around his neck!".
>>
>>16504674
That cat is awesome you shouldn't give a fuck what people think
>>
>>16506720
On the cartoon South Park there is a black kid named Token, he's named that because he's the "Token black guy" of the show. Google "Token black guy".

>>16506752
That's actually a really cool idea, I just need to find one small enough.

>>16506768
Thanks man.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.