[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Autism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20151114_170426.jpg (720 KB, 1088x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151114_170426.jpg
720 KB, 1088x1920
My mom said that vaccine causes autism and I need to have some one verify that it's not true pic not related
>>
If she says harvard isn't a valid source then you've lost her.
>>
Ok
>>
Tell her that it's normal to be misguided because there is a lot of false information floating around. Tell her that you won't judge her if she happens to have read or heard misleading information. Tell her that you just happen to have read information that contradicts it. Tell her that it's better to compare information just in case. Show her the information, printed or as links.
Ex: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concerns/autism.html
ex: https://www.autismspeaks.org/science/science-news/new-meta-analysis-confirms-no-association-between-vaccines-
Tell her that it would mean a lot to you if she checked it out. Tell her that in exchange you will also check out any information she gives you. Tell her that you will still respect her as a mother regardless of whether she changes her opinion. Tell her that if she decides to change her opinion you will agree to never talk about it again, because you don't want to rub it in her face. You just want her to be informed. Tell her you love her.
>>
>>16503523
It has been completely debunked, there isn't a scientist in the world who will still tell you vaccines cause autism. Unfortunately the false info still lingers.
>>
>>16503523
show this video to her:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXLgz3wH2n8
>>
Thank you all :)
>>
>>16503523
Autism doesnt just happen, you have to be diagnosed at a early age. Its something you are born with.
>>
>>16503567
I'm not willing to employ fedora-tipping atheist tactics on my own mother.
>>
>>16503576
Not quite. There is one. He's a known crank, and it's been proven that he deliberately falsified the results of his study, and that was the only study that had ever shown even the slightest link between vaccines and autism. Many others have tried, but they have all failed, and they failed because they acted honestly.
>>
>>16503523
About 10 years ago there was a scare that the MMR shot was somehow connected to autism, but the British doctor who started it was eventually discredited and lost his doctor's license.

Literally millions of kids have had the shots, and no connection has been found.

Google "MMR vaccine and autism"
>>
>>16504968
...wth does that even mean
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.