[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm stressing out over Christmas, I can't afford it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
I'm stressing out over Christmas, I can't afford it. I have like $90 in my bank and I'm not wasting it on step-relatives who will probably throw out or never use my gift.

I'm not very creative and can't really make a gift, anything I could make would take more time than I have. What should I do?
>>
Fuck the holidays. I don't celebrate or stress out about it. It works great
>>
>>16502824
I wish I could, I hate the holidays but I gotta go through the motions with family and stuff.
>>
>>16502811
>i have like $90 in my bank

lol
>>
>>16502863
Yeah it is pretty funny, it's the stereotypical college life.
>>
Did you know that you don't have to give anyone gifts?
>>
>>16502863
This.
>>
>>16502811
Make peanut butter fudge. You don't even need skillz and it takes half an hour to do trays of it.
Everyone will think you're gay but they'll hardly even care because they got fudge.
>>
>>16502890
That doesn't stop my family from getting me stuff, I don't want to be taking while giving nothing.

I can live without presents, it doesn't bother me. However I know my family and saying "don't get me anything" is barking at the moon.
>>
>>16502904
I didn't think about baking, I'll consider this. Thanks anon.
>>
>>16502811
Search through these low cost pawn shops and try to scour them. Im in a similar situation, be strong bud
>>
>>16502811
Stop wasting it on drugs? Tell your family that you have no literal money to give them besides a Christmas card?
>>
>>16503079
Thanks anon, good idea.

>>16503103
Toronto is an expensive place hombre, all of my money pretty much goes to food, rent and utilities. School gets me but osap usually covers that.
>>
>>16503127
Most of my money goes to food. Most people I know eat like shit, but I'm thinking, if I'm going to spend excessive amounts of money on something, maybe I should spend it on the one thing I put in my body?

>osap
Is that a type of fin aid?

Honestly, OP. I think your family will understand if you just buy them trinkets and apologize that you can't afford anything else.
>>
>>16502811
can't you just not celebrate christmas, you god damn retard
>>
yo OP ... let me split this thing in two ...
Your male relatives ...like dad ,brother , granddad...they wont rly care about the present trust me about this ,just tell them you are in a hard place right now and couldnt make the money to buy them something. You'll come up as a man because to say that you gotta have some balls!
For your female relatives well they would like a present as much as u they wont admit it ...besides we all wanna make our mothers happy and stuff ...amirite? /except she's a bitch in which case i guess you dont/ so you can always make a cute video with some cute photos/videos you have with your mom and you put some nice melody in the background and tell her to watch it when she's alone ..if its your mom she'll cry her eyes out im sure of it. and for a sister or a grandmom its almost the same ..so best of luck bro.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.