[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just making dumb conversation with my female friend (according
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: PicsArt_1448524128545.jpg (239 KB, 1080x1245) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_1448524128545.jpg
239 KB, 1080x1245
Just making dumb conversation with my female friend (according to her we're best friends, and we've always been platonic)

We were just discussing our vast differences and opinions on many subjects, including religion and politics and whatnot and I asked her this and this came up.

In the heat of the moment, that's how I decided to respond. Because the truth is, I have been suspecting she's had feelings for me through various actions and quirks about her.

And truth be told, I do love her too.

This was later in the day and its been roughly 12 hours since she contacted me again.

/adv/, where does this "I love you" come from? Is she saying that's why we're friends, because she loves me, or does that message just have no context behind it and she just thought about saying it? Did I fuck up with my response? Where do I even go from here? I've tried to distract myself from this all day and just make myself busy until she responds again but she hasn't.

I'm so lost as you can tell. Please help a nigga out he would be more than grateful
>>
Also I should point out, our conversation happened at midnight last night. Didn't get the ILY until 2 the next day
>>
>>16502204
she saying you're her beta

girls say they love each other all the time

It literally means nothing
>>
>>16502213
....I'm a guy....are you saying a girl would tell her male friend she loves him? That's fucking ridiculous, you don't just do that
>>
>>16502217
Yes

Girls do that shit all the time

Don't be the guy that takes it seriously and makes it awkward as fuck
>>
>>16502217
Either one of two possibilities is going to happen:
1. You're right, and she does have feelings for you. If so, proceed as you see fit.
2. She really does see you completely platonically, and she said she loved you as if you were her bestie (IE the beta response). If this is the case, you have precisely zero chance at a romantic relationship with her, and if that is what you are hoping for it's time to move on.
>>
>>16502225
If it means nothing, stop saying it. It devalues and muddles the concept.
>>
File: 15-11-26-00-03-55-809_deco.jpg (298 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
15-11-26-00-03-55-809_deco.jpg
298 KB, 1080x1920
>>16502228
Here's one more. Not attracted to any of these girls and vice versa
>>
>>16502228
Er.....that's not the same context as OPs picture. That's more of a joking scenario.
>>
>>16502213
>Pegasus
>Errybody listen now

>>16502204
Is this someone you would like to date, OP? Or just someone you'd like to keep your friendship to?

In either case, continue as normal. Don't confront her with what she wrote. Don't mention what you wrote. If she brings it up, see what she has to say about it, but don't explain your response. Just see if you can hang out, and things will progress if they're meant to.
>>
She's expressing the same sort of love she would to her girlfriends. You are her girlfriend, but probably not someone she'd date since you already told her you'll play along with her super easy. You're not a catch if you just lay down in front of her. If you don't want to play ball on the friends bit, move along from that one.
>>
>>16502235
You're right. Disregard that one, I suck cocks
>>
>>16502236
Stockholm Syndrome is real
>>
>>16502233
Can't you agree that there wasn't any context or reasoning behind this text? She had no reason to say it. Just out of the blue. It just has that feeling of seriousness behind it, not a last second end of the message type thing.

A single sentence with three words.
>>
>>16502244
It can go either way. Maybe something really bummed her out, so she said "I love you" because she knows you're there for her. If it's the other one, there's nothing you can do over text. Play it by ear next time you see her. Best of luck my man
>>
>>16502233
OP, you need to detach yourself from this situation as quickly as possible. Trust me, I've been where you're standing and in my case, she admitted she had feelings for me. It's a waste of time though, these bitches won't commit and you can't keep being so submissive. Stop responding to her texts, get your mind off of her and focus on anything else before it's too late.
>>
>>16502244
Same guy as >>16502229 here.

Again, it's one of two possibilities. Either that statement on its own carried a lot of meaning, and was a revealing of her true feelings towards you, or else she didn't mean it seriously, in which case she's essentially joking about it because she's comfortable enough to know she'd never say it to you for real. Girls do not say that phrase to guys unless they are sure one way or the other.
As for which it is, you'll find that out in the next few days. The only thing of which you can be certain, is that it's an all or nothing type of phrase.
>>
>>16502252
You mistake true expression of feeling for you for shit pumped out just to string you along. Learn from your experience.
>>
>>16502262
My experience? You talk as if I had fucked up in any way shape or form. I got the fuck out of that the moment I realized. I was smart. That's why you don't see me making threads about bitches in /adv/.
>>
*shrug* I'ma a dude, my best friend is a female, we're pretty different in a lot of a views (almost all of the m in fact), I've done things that have pissed her off, she's done things that have pissed me off. she's told me she loves me, I've told her I love her. I've never seen her in any romantic light whatsoever. The idea of dating her is just doesn't ever cross my mind at all because we're too fundamentally different; the same shit I'm willing to put up with her as a friend, would absolutely bug shit out of me if we were anything more.

It's kind of funny, my girlfriend's admitted she was pretty nervous to meet her given how much history, how much time we spend together, and how much i'd inadvertently mention her; but after like an hour of spending time with us both, all of her nervousness and jealousy just instantly melted because she saw there just absolutely zero sexual or romantic tension exists.

I'll also say that the love I feel for my girlfriend is pretty different than the one I feel for any of my friends.

My best friend is also not the only friend that I've told that I love or heard that from ( both male and female).
>>
idk the context but i have a friend thats a girl and we say i love you every night. we aitn trying to fuck tho. just best friends.
>>
>>16502273
And yet, you'd still fuck her if given the chance.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.