[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bf is alcoholic and smokes weed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 1448336405148.jpg (70 KB, 225x606) Image search: [Google]
1448336405148.jpg
70 KB, 225x606
I recently got back together with my bf after being a few months apart. I still kind of love him and all that shit, but while we were apart he picked up alcohol and gets drunk now, and he smokes weed. What do I do? I want to be with him, but I don't like him doing that stuff
>>
>>16500332
Stop being a controlling cunt and just leave problem solved.
>>
>>16500339
I'm worried about his health. He is under the legal drinking age as well
>>
You have 3 options

Accept what you got into
Talk to him about new found habits
Leave him
>>
>>16500332

Unless you can imagine him going through rehab and turning his life around, then leave.

Why did you break up in the first place?
>>
>>16500353
We broke up because we had been fighting a lot of emotional shit i was going through. I month later i couldnt ask him to be with me again, and i treated him badly, and then yesterday i explained myself and today he took me back
>>
>>16500361
because of a lot*
>>
>>16500332
break up with him
I know you care OP, but I dated a guy who used to do heroin and instead started taking up cigarettes.
he found out he had a cavity.
GUESS WHAT THAT MEANS
the smoke was going into his bloodstream, which causes the type of shit you see on commercials
so we discussed it, and he decided he'd stop smoking, start brushing more, and see a dentist.
then his best friend (who he was cheating on me with btw) was like
"lol no A never stopped smoking"

and, my friend J stopped smoking weed and started taking up cigs to get a new job

moral of the stories
people who do drugs almost never can be helped
they have addictive personalities
he's just going to replace the drugs with something else if he does stop.

sorry OP.
it's also a good rule of thumb that when you break up with someone to not get back together again because it ended for a reason.
believe me.

here's a cute pic to make you feel better
>>
>>16500361
I have no sympathy for stupidity. Enjoy your "new and improved" boyfriend.
>>
If he isn't willing to change his habits for you, or at least TRY to, then you should probably move on. Relationships are a partnership. I know it sucks and you care about him but if you've had emotional issues before it doesn't sound like it's really gonna get better.
>>
>>16500389
>>16500432
What happened was we were arguing for about a week, and went to visit some relatives about 6 hours away, and apparently a friend of his had his account info and broke up with me, the next day my bf said that i broke up with him, but it was his friend whom broke up with me pretendng to be him
>>16500405
I do not care if have sympathy or not, my post was about advice, not a plead for sympathy
>>
>>16500532
And we kind of just didnt get back together, we didnt say we didnt want to, we just didnt
>>
>>16500432
plus he was the one causing my emotional problem, but he stopped with that now. You might be right about moving on
>>
>>16500332
does he also do that when he's with you? my personal experience is that one needs a reason to stay sober to stay sober. If he doesn't get wasted around you, you could be that reason!
>>
>>16500532
>and apparently a friend of his had his account info and broke up with me, the next day my bf said that i broke up with him, but it was his friend whom broke up with me pretendng to be him
omg
sweetie
he's lying
that's such an obvious lie lol
>>
>>16500573
Well yes and non, he drinks whenever he feels sad. But he says he is really happy that I am back and he enjoys my company
>>
>>16500579
trust me. as a girl who has dated almost entirely assholes, I can smell shit from miles away.
the heroin guy? I brought up him cheating on me on the phone and he could shit his way out of it SO easily because he was a smooth talking rat
believe me, he's lying.
the friend would have to also have your FB password to delete the convos and make you break up with him a second time
>>
>>16500389
>did heroin
>quit
>picked up smoking
how is smoking a serious problem after kicking heroin?

>he's just going to replace the drugs with something else if he does stop.
>he'l find something else to fill the void
love could be that something else.
Or to sound less disney: attention , which comes from and results in love.
>>
>>16500579
I don't know why he would have broken up with me though, he actually loved me more than I loved him back. And he was pretty upset about the breakup, hence why now he drinks and watnot
>>
>>16500584
He told me he cut ties the next day with the person. So it could have been a lie I suppose anon
>>
>>16500584
>I dated asholes
>therefore your guy is one too
>>
>>16500587
>>16500590
who knows
maybe he cheated on you when he left for 6 days and felt guilty then regretted it?
just a fishy as fuck story

regardless
I say dump the druggy
>>
>>16500599
>I've dated an asshole who is also druggies
>so I'm not naive due to hindsight being 20/20

more along those lines
pls don't try to twist my words around to make me seem like an anti-man person
why should anyone trust a person who is so weak they become addicted to drugs and alcohol
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.