[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What advice would you give your 19 year old self?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 5
File: 5416541961464146.jpg (63 KB, 500x493) Image search: [Google]
5416541961464146.jpg
63 KB, 500x493
What advice would you give your 19 year old self?
>>
stop skipping school and playing wow, go workout, learn for school and fuck bitches you lazy fucking fucktard
>>
Don't stop taking chances.
>>
>>16499879
Don't get back with your high school sweeetheart when you reconnect at 23. It was a massive waste of 10 months.

Other than that, I wouldn't change anything. All of the mistakes and choices I made along the way have made it so I am happy where I am today. Each has a consequence which at the time may not have been great, but absolutely influenced subsequent decisions/choices, which ultimately led to my awesome life at 30. So don't be afraid to fuck up. Ten years do wonders in changing you, your perspective and your life.
>>
Don't get together with her. You will regret the rest of your life that you will only have sex with one girl. Go fuck some girls now, son.
>>
Study in two years, you need to be ready for when they start throwing money and opportunities at you.
Ignore the group of fake girls that end up in your flat, go out and do activities instead.
>>
>>16499879
Never ever reveal your true self to someone you haven't known long enough, especially to someone of the opposite sex.
If you want to talk about your feeling, do it slowly. Don't let them all out at once.
Either keep everything to yourself, or don't give a shit about the past. Be confident about everything you do and say.
>>
In 19 now and I feel like Im getting advice from my future self...
>>
Abandon hope. There's nothing I can tell you that would change anything aside from giving you winning lottery numbers.
>>
>>16499908
then take it and make the best of it!

best wishes!
>>
Be confident.

Get a car and license, or at least the license ASAP.

Don't get down on girls. Seriously. Don't even be mad at them if shit doesn't work out. We're all fools. Either bang girls if you can or do things that make you feel alive and happy.

Take school seriously. It's fucking important. If you hate school, make it work for you. If you're not doing school, take your career path serious as well.
>>
I got trips
>>
19 year old lurking
>>
>>16499949
wat?
>>
>>16499954
aaww yiss lurk moar
>>
>>16499949
Everybody got trips now, 999. Some guy will have pents, or whatever the fuck it's called. Post count number 16499999
>>
>>16499965
>Some guy will have pents, or whatever the fuck it's called
The phrase you're looking for is "quints".
>>
idk if any advice I'd give would really matter, my life went to shit not long after that because of depression which took a tremendous amount of effort to cure myself from, I would have had to do that no matter what I think.
>>
>>16499906
I'd disagree with most of this, to be honest.
You should always reveal your true self, even to strangers. One's sex doesn't really matter. Talk about your feelings when you want to talk about them, and don't hold them in long enough to have to let them all out at once. Let them out when they come to you. Be open and also learn lessons from the past without being embarrassed by it. To be embarrassed by something in your past is to dwell on who you used to be, but if you know that you did something bad and you are no longer the kind of person who would do that thing, you should be happy that you have made progress.

Also, confidence is a very defining trait of a person, but it comes from the inside. Feigning confidence will make you feel like you're lying to yourself.

Sorry to shoot you down on some of your points. If you're happy with the way you live you should keep on doing it.
>>
Stop fucking so many guys, you're gonna get the clap.
>>
>>16499906
Its impossible to be confident in everything you do and say while not revealing your true self. If you want to form a genuine connection you shouldn't hide under a guise. Not preaching, speaking from experience.
>>
Don't waste your time in college. It won't help you get this awesome job.
stay away from your hot cousin. she's trouble
>>
>>16500013
These two points are not connected.
I'll explain: I want to be more confident as in not giving too much fucks about things. The way I'm treated by my surroundings sucks, I shouldn't think less of myself because of that. The way I'm treated is not the way I deserve to be treated.
Revealing my true self as in showing 100% of what I am and what I lived through isn't the best choice. It makes my appear in a completely different light and doesn't fit the impression others have of me at all. I'll stick to showing only 80% while reserving 20% only for the people that are the closest to me.
>>
File: 1447828674269.gif (103 KB, 665x623) Image search: [Google]
1447828674269.gif
103 KB, 665x623
Stop smoking so much weed
Get a job now nigga
Seriously stop smoking so much weed
Do it now mother fucker

Starting your life at 25 fucking sucks
>>
>>16499879
Fuck med school
>>
>>16499879
Just getting a degree won't be enough. You have to network and look for jobs while you study.
>>
do what you want!
>>
>>16499879

Quit being lazy and go to college while you're in the military.

I got C's in every lower div math class and failed calc 1 twice before also getting the C I needed. I attribute that to my sitting around for five years and not learning anything complicated, letting my brain go to mush, then attempting college.

It took me six years to get my undergrad due to my failed lower and upper div math courses.
>>
My 19 year old self was an idiot who smoked weed erry day, skipped all his college classes causing him to lose all scholarships and flunk out, played a shitload of WOW, pissed in bottles so he didn't have to get up and go to the bathroom while playing WOW, distanced himself from all of his actual friends to just hang out with a bunch of loser stoners.............

If I could I'd go back and break that faggot's kneecaps with an aluminum baseball bat and tell him to open his eyes and stop being such a worthless sack of shit.
>>
>2016 is gonna be a good year
>>
>jus b urself
>>
Nothing. I'm 19 and my life is awesome.
>>
>>16500164
To be fair, if that had happened to you when you were 19 you probably couldn't go out and do much, with broken kneecaps and all.
>>
Hey 19 year olds: if you're going to smoke weed, at least be doing something positive in your life. Be going to school or working a job that isn't wasting your life away. Because no, you don't really ever have to quit smoking weed if you stay on top of your shit.
>>
>>16499879

Short the DOW, 10Xgearing
>>
>>16499879

don't go abroad to study that shit-tier pol sci program

stay at home and enroll in the comp sci program at your local college

godlessness only knows these fucken nerdfags roll in a shit ton of money
>>
Go to a fucking therapist and tell them the truth for the love of christ. Don't go towards that art degree, you'll end up dropping it anyway.
>>
Stop the fucking hard drugs man. Do not fuck around with amphetamines or mdma. Stay with weed if you have to use something.
>>
>>16500064
This
>>
Don't go off the meds and be more consistent with your therapy.
Don't gain weight. Chill out when it comes to other people, have some fun every once in a while.
>>
>Buy Bitcoin, sell for 700 $ in 2013

Literally no need to work anymore
>>
GET THE FUCK OUT. NOW.
>>
Keep going to school you lazy bitch
>>
Youre gon git a girl you fall into otherwordly love with, and then she fucks you up worse than any cheating whore could. Your choice, really, I would keep it just fwb and pretending to be her boyfriend if I was you. Lose virginity and all that, while still being able to dump that bitch before she messes you up.

Pretty much.
>>
>>16499879
i am 19 ;_;
>>
>>16499879
But I'm 17.
>>
File: 1420768474854.jpg (14 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1420768474854.jpg
14 KB, 300x400
"You're next year is going to be the worst year of your life...but YOU can prevent that! Be more outgoing and for fuck sakes focus at university, don't just jerk off and cry yourself to sleep. And lastly, you are going to be spending some time with a qt near the end of the year. Ask her out, don't be a coward because It haunts you for a one long lonely holiday. She is perfect and you'll try and deny that because you're scared of hurt / rejection, but I believe in you, buddy!"
>>
File: temper-tantrum.jpg (39 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
temper-tantrum.jpg
39 KB, 300x200
>>16501038
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSS

UNDERAGE BAN

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSS

FBBBBBBBBBBBBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

CCCCIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAA
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>16501041
I forgot:
"Also after you have an argument before a certain someones birthday, don't drink your whiskey to calm yourself down. You get really drunk and do embarrassing shit, that you get a lot of shit for for months to come"
>>
>>16499879
Mine would be
>shut the fuck up you little shit
>stop being so dramatic holy fuck you're a faggot look at yourself.
>hurr durr lyfe is too shit to study give me a break you fucking loser
>no wonder you have no friends, I'm you and I dont want to be friends with you either

I'd basically just bully myself. I can't believe what a depressed, shy, crybaby loser I was. I seriously want to punch myself for being such a little bitch, just like i want to punch like half the OPs on this board for the trivial shit they cry about and want to kill themselves over
>>
>>16501094
made me kek

Best ITT
>>
Work out, read more, don't study music at a liberal arts college
>>
>>16500289
eh, the kneecaps would've healed after a couple of months but the message delivered with the beating wouldn't be forgotten anywhere near as quickly.
>>
>dont even bother trying to reason with your mother, it's mom's world or no family, choose the first if you don't want to lose your siblings to her reign

>your bf is going to cheat on you, then blame it on you somehow. He seems so cool, but manipulative as shit. His ex that he cheats on you with is a piece of work too, when you catch them together, just beat her up like you wanted to because she deserves it anyways in the long run for having a drug baby and c-ucking the babydaddy that works his ass off to support her stupid ass.

>dont lose contact with your best friends
>>
don't be a lazy fucking retard, take advantage of what you have, and be more confident about yourself.

sadly, it's too late
>>
>>16499879
Don't steal your roommate gf's panties to pleasure yourself with. Always lock your bedroom door when you're doing something you would not want anyone else to see. Only use body safe lotion to masturbate with.
>>
don't be a pussy, just leave home
>>
>>16501146
Unless you have some kind of mutant regeneration, that won't happen.
>>
>>16501372
>With treatment, the fracture may take 6 to 8 weeks to heal. You may need to do special exercises to help your leg get stronger and more flexible. Ask your healthcare provider about this.

http://www.summitmedicalgroup.com/library/pediatric_health/sma_patellar_fracture/

You don't have to be a fucking mutant for bones to heal you know.
>>
>>16499965
Don't trust people. Not everyone is honest
>>
Make a fucking choice and follow it no matter what.
Moving away was a mistake, but you got to live with it.

She doesn't love, stop being a faggot.

Get your degree and then go back home.
I hate you.
I hate you so much.
>>
>>16500054
What you are, and what you have lived through are not the same. There is no need to tell everyone about your past, but just be yourself among others and dont be afraid or put up an act
>>
Hello, hope you're better by now, things are great now, Im graduating highschool, got accepted to the best university in the city, but I can't keep on with this, can't help being afraid of changes, got friends, a stable life, stable everything, but can't help feeling like shit
>>
Dont jack off while having to pee badly youll lose 75 percent of ur dicks pleasure
>>
Dont go climbing with ur injured shoulders. Youll regret it for the rest of ur life.
>>
>>16501423
>There is no need to tell everyone about your past
I know, it's not like I'm handing out flyers with info about my past to everyone.
What I meant was that I should not give that info to someone who I haven't known for at least 5-10 years of constant contact.
>>
>>16500328
This
>finish highschool
>finish uni
>start career
>literally stoned every second of everyday

Smoke, just don't waste time. Buy in bulk, get a good hookup. Most of the time weed wastes is looking for it.
>>
Programming. Learn programming.
Forget about the irish girl, you guys are hurting each other.

Don't go to paris
>>
You will not be able to coast through college as you did in secondary school. Get a routine going, consistently put in some work and you will do fine - don't get sucked in to wasting your time at the socs and clubs.
>>
nothing really, I think I did pretty good
>>
"Don't talk about your fetish. DON'T"
>>
HIDE BEHIND THE TABLE, THE MAN HAS A KNIFE
>>
Be more outgoing and talk to new people.
It's not that hard and you would be surprised how many interesting and new good friends are out there for you.
>>
Get off 4chan, like right now. You'll be on the site for 7 more years if you don't bail, and trust me, it's not worth the seldom few laughs I had here. It'll be fun laughing at 18-1 for a bit, but buckle the fuck down with school and ignore everyone that tries to get with you
>>
Who else here has the biggest mistake of getting together with a girl? My current GF has fucked my life up slowly and subtly since we got together. Like the old "A frog in a pot with slowly warmed water will boil because it cant tell its getting hot" (just a metaphorical i know its BS)

Anyway advise to my 19 year old self
>Dont abandon your friends for a girl
>work out
>learn a fucking instrument
>fuck the girls who kept flirting with you all the god damn time
>more effort into the relationship with your family
>STOP PLAYING VIDYA HOLY FUCK

I am 21 and figuring shit out though. I still have hope to crawl out of this dark shitty hole.
>>
Study hard and finish that degree with a 1st class pass, cause God knows you have no social skills to network.
>>
>>16499879
I can't give advice to myself in the future, but can you give advice to an 18 year old?
>>
Get off your arse, stop playing games and take up a hobby that you can enjoy and build up your muscles at the same time such as Ice Skating.

When you see a girl you like, Tell her how you feel. What's the worse that can happen?

Take up on driving, You're gonna need a car for what you wanna do.
>>
File: 1319134371445.jpg (29 KB, 500x343) Image search: [Google]
1319134371445.jpg
29 KB, 500x343
Use your summer breaks from uni for internships or something, not relaxing. It'll be way easier to find a job after college this way, and people who say 'it's not about what you know but who you know' really aren't that far off base

When you get into weed, resist the call of munchies. That 19 year old's metabolism doesn't last forever. Probably wouldn't hurt to hit the gym more either, getting bigger forearms is a bitch and a half

Get over asian chicks sooner rather than later. Never ended up worth it. Black chicks give it up way easier, but middle eastern and indian is where it's at

Use your free time for hobbies other than video games. You'll seem more interesting when you tell people you can play guitar rather than Team Fortress
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.