[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My lady and I are looking to visit Amsterdam sometime next year.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: canal.jpg (10 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
canal.jpg
10 KB, 275x183
My lady and I are looking to visit Amsterdam sometime next year. Have any of you guys ever been? What did you do and how was it?

We are mainly going for prostitutes but from what I have heard the place is absolutely beautiful.

Posting here because trv is a hipster shithouse.
>>
I've been, it was fine. I don't know what to say about it, it's just Amsterdam. It looks like your pic.
>>
>>16497611

Did you get a hooker? Visit any landmarks?
>>
I live there.
The city is prettier than the prostitutes, best things to do IMO are cycling/drugs/partying
>>
>>16497613
I walked around the red light district, those streets are quite narrow. I didn't spend much time looking. I went into Anna Frank's attic and walked around a torture museum. I probably did a few more things but I can't remember.

>>16497626
Yep, there's an impressive amount of bikes. Imagine Springfield tire fire, if tires were bicycles.
>>
>>16497626

Any recommendations for places a tourist could party?
>>
>>16497626
Any recommendations on where to find the hot prostitutes?
>>
>>16497654
Anywhere, my favorite place by far is Ruigoord. A bit far from the center, but the location is a church with a campfire and teahouse outside all night.
Popular places are Paradiso and de Melkweg
>>
>>16497678

Pretty awesome looking architecture there, thanks.
>>
I visited my qt dutch cousin in the Netherlands for one week last summer. She lived in Utrecht and we took the metro to Amsterdam. I didn't do much since i only had a week we just went to a few different cities. We visited Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Utrecht, and Arnhem.

The people seem to be some of the nicest I've ever met. Also they are very liberal and the older men can kind of be creeps (stealing looks at my cousin who was 18). I fell in love really hard and wouldn't have any quarrels with moving there later in life.

Most people speak English and the smell of weed is at ever corner in Amsterdam. It's great and I'm sure you will love it.
>>
Could someone recommend a time of year to visit?

I may be starting a new job in February so we were wanting to possibly go in January, June if that becomes impossible or undesirable. What do you guys think?
>>
Smoked weed and the rest.. Nice architecture and stuff but nothing special
>>
>>16497595
>>16497613
>>16497671
0/bait... so bad man, just so bad...
>>
The so called hooker district is crap and the pro's are skanky con-artists. Pretty much like any other western city.

Amsterdam itself is great, take in the bike scene and just have fun in the cafés. The people are good too and will mostly look after you unless you are loud Americans. If you are just tell them you are Canadians and back off the arrogance and you will be fine.
>>
>>16499409
please don't bump this retarded thread. OP is obviously bating.
>>
>>16499409
>and the pro's are skanky con-artists.

how so
>>
>>16497595
>We are mainly going for prostitutes

Was there about 25 years ago.
I wasn't looking for prostitutes (I was there for the International AIDS Conference).
The prostitutes were invisible during the day, but at night, the blinds and curtains were lifted on the large windows on the ground floors of buildings, and suddenly, there were literally thousands of hookers in underwear standing in the windows on display.
It seemed to be a tourist attraction--crazy Euros walking around with small children taking in the "sights".
BTW, it seemed that very, very few of the women were white.
They were all either from black Africa (I'm talking leave footprints on coal black) or the Caribbean.
>>
>>16497595
Native here

>My lady
why bother with hookers then?

hire a bike, ride trough the city or just walk, it's beautifull, don't just stay in the touristy parts near dam square but go to jordaan, museum square is nice even if you don't visit museums.
take a boat trip, it's standard tourist stuff but worth it.
weed is of course a thing but you know it may get you couchbound and missing out.
DONT buy drugs on the street unless you are fond of lidocaine, they're all fake, real dealers don't ever approach tourists on the streets. (in clubs you may actually score quality pills at ripoff prices)
>>
>>16499802
also it's a fucking maze, you will probably get lost. Look at the tram stops for a "you are here" map.
>>
Buy the patat oorloch! You can find it at the potato fries stands. It's basically tasty as fuck fries in a cone with peanut sauce, mayo and shredded onions on top. It's superb
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.