[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
people who lost weight, where did you find the motivation for it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: fit.png (227 KB, 448x298) Image search: [Google]
fit.png
227 KB, 448x298
people who lost weight, where did you find the motivation for it?
>>
Looking in the mirror
>>
i repulsed myself to the point where avoiding my own reflection was becoming too hard. i wanted to look at myself without wanting to vomit.
>>
>>16497308
what if i'm already a normal weight but want to lose some?
>>
>>16497313
Start counting calories. Just cutting out soda or sweets won't help.
>>
>>16497313
look at pictures of people hotter than you
>>
>>16497300
you literally have to do nothing but eat healthy/good foods. Most people are fat because they're completely in denial about what and how much they eat, or they genuinely do not realize that what they're eating is unhealthy.

Eat all the fruits and vegetables you can and almost as much meat as you can. Stay away from fast food. and the biggest thing is, STAY AWAY FROM THINGS THAT HAVE HAD SUGAR ADDED INTO THEM this also includes sugar alternatives(other artificial sweeteners and "diet" food items.), NO SODA AND ONLY DRINK WATER 95% OF THE TIME FROM NOW ON.

If you're genuinely doing this you shouldn't be fat and if you are, you have some sort of medical condition, or you're in denial and lying to yourself.
>>
What motivation?

Just eat low carb, you'll lose weight without even exercising. When you crave something sweet drink some diet soda, dark chocolate, or sugarfree candy. For meals gorge yourself on meat and veggies swimming in butter.

Once you get used to it you'll lose your cravings and worry about eating too little instead of too much.
>>
>>16497338
This desu
>>
Don't eat so much. Don't eat lunch for example. You will be super hungry, but don't eat. Do something other than eating to fill that temporary void. You will get used to not eating as much. Just be patient with it. If you're obese, do it with a nutritionist/doctor's help so you're doing it safely, but if you're not, just don't eat so much.
>>
>>16497300
in the mirror, and I keep on getting it from it
>>
Seriously, just watch what you eat and eat less of it. I used my fitness pal and learned how to keep an eye on my calories, and I've lost 10lbs so far, and I've still been eating shitty food once in a while. Seriously it's not that hard to drop weight, I hate health food and stuff like that, but once you start eating better, you get used to it and you'll like it more. Then you can start exercising, just find something you can tolerate, and do more of it every day.
>>
These motivation threads are so frustrating. The secret is there is no "motivation". People who keep fit have discipline. There's a huge difference. Motivation is finding that perfect motivational meme before heading to the gym or having a sudden realization that you're a fat fuck and you need to do something about it. Discipline is just fucking going to the gym because that's the way things are. And you do it until it becomes second nature.
>>
I've lost 180 pounds and trying to lose 20 more. Find some free time and go for 30 minute walks in the day. Listen to music or some shit if it helps. Do this for like a week and then start trying to jog, even if its for like 10 seconds jog, rest just enough to catch your breath and jog more. Start doing that every day and make an effort to improve on that. Focus more on stamina than speed for now, then later you can work on a good speed. If you want to get fit, you can try a routine like SS or something. When it comes to food, make the effort to figure out what you regularly eat and count the calories. Honestly when you're fat, you can lose weight pretty easy while still eating a lot of calories, its just that we don't realize we are extremely over doing it. Try to cut out soda and fast food. I'm not recommending it at all, but I've lost 180 pounds from eating shit like hot pockets, fast food, healthy food, junk food and all kinds of shit, so its possible as long as you watch how much. That said I regret it cuz now I'm trying to lose 20 more and its much harder now if I do eat bad foods cuz they are very unfilling for their calories. It's good to want to lose weight so I wish you luck.
>>
I'm crazy so I would never be fat. I starve myself way before I reach average and walk enough and have a fast enough metabolism that I don't think I could be fat anyways.
>>
>>16497406

You're an idiot.

Just eat three meals just smaller.

Breakfast: 3 pieces of bacon and 2 eggs at 7am/8am
Lunch: A tuna sandwich on a bun and some veggies/fruit you like
Dinner: Salad with veggies/fruit (NO DRESSING)

If you're ever hungry for a snack just eat an apple or some carrots.
>>
It wasn't about finding motivation so much as recognizing what was causing me to relapse on my diet. I'm a terrible stress eater, so I adapted and found techniques to deal with that. Find out why you're overweight and attack the problem at the source.
>>
>>16498047
I will cool your fucking poptarts in hell, bro.
>>
>>16497300
My clothing wasn't fitting anymore and I am a cheap mother fucker. Lost 35lbs (5'11'' 170 now) since last summer just by being more active at my job and eating less. If I worked out like I did in college (about 2 hours a day for 5 days a week) it would be more and in less time.

However I just found out that a girl that I liked in college is getting married. I shot myself in the foot by being a shy sperg while hanging out at bars and dance halls and in classes. And I had to put down a 16 year old cat that I really liked. Gonna actually be exercising from now on to get rid of the last bit of belly fat.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.