[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any way I can quit my job and still have a place to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Ritalin-o_s.jpg (93 KB, 448x480) Image search: [Google]
Ritalin-o_s.jpg
93 KB, 448x480
Is there any way I can quit my job and still have a place to live? I'm tired as shit and seasonal depression is kicking in.
>>
Same boat
>>
>>16497150
>>16497154
Go crawl back into your mother's basement from whence you came.
>>
it depends on where you live mate, what country?
>>
>>16497161
America
>>16497160
nah she wants me to be productive
>>
>>16497165
>nah she wants me to be productive
And quitting your job is the way to do that?
>>
>>16497165
well i'm not american but from what i hear i don't think you can quit there mate. especially since there isn't a really solid homeless program of sorts
>>
>>16497183
idgaf what she thinks but she wont let me stay there
>>
Just got laid off. Hopefully I have a place to live next month. Grow some balls, fuck off, and get back to work OP.
>>
>>16497160
"From whence" is redundant.
Whence means "from where", so "from" shouldn't be in your original sentence.
>>
Yep. Buy a van. Park it by the river.
>>
>>16497429
>>
>>16498374
I know this is a joke but it's actually not a terrible idea.

If you have a car and enough money to feed you through the winter, throw a makeshift bed in the back of your car and drive to somewhere with warm winters. I've been homeless and lived in a car before and after doing it for long enough it gets really dull, but initially it's a really nice break from everything. Once winter ends or you start getting bored (You'll probably get bored before winter ends), Drive your ass back home (or don't stay where you are if you like it there) and get a new job and a new place.
It's easier to go back to your home town after because you probably have friends or family that will let you use their addresses to fake having a home on a job application, so you can get a job to save money for a new place to live.

If you don't have any savings though, it's much harder to get back on your feet.

Alternatively, if you think it'd just make you more depressed to live alone in a car for a few months, quit your job and find a place to work with people you enjoy being around. If you love the people you work with it's much easier to go into work every day.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.