[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
first date, did I blow it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: li6.png (1 MB, 734x980) Image search: [Google]
li6.png
1 MB, 734x980
>met tinder girl for first time downtown Sunday night
>it seemed to go well, we went to a restaurant then a pub and were out talking for a good 5 hours
>texted a bit after we both got back to our homes, I said thanks for coming out, she fell asleep and said it was fun, thanks for coming out as well the following morning
>texted her after that, she replied a few times then stopped

Up until we met she would text me every day and would always get back to me. Did I blow it somehow?

However, she is flying back to her moms tomorrow for thanksgiving, so she's probably busy, but she did post a couple instagram pictures so she can't have been that busy.

Should i text her tomorrow and say have a safe flight and ask if she wants to meet up again when she comes back? Or just leave it?
>>
>>16495652
Leave it. She's checked out, it's holiday time. Text her next week with a "how was your holiday?" and see if she responds. Take it from there.

Chances are she got her free meal/drinks out of you, and placated you with some follow up texts so as not to seem like such a cunt. Happens all the time.
>>
>>16495657
I only paid for 1 of her drinks, and that's because she bought me some Starbucks as soon as she met me at the train station. Other than that, we split the check. You don't pay for a girl you just met..
>>
So I assume the general sperg consensus is never speak to her again even if the date went well?
>>
>>16495657
Seems a good advice. Don't invade her life too suddenly. Just wait a bit.
>>
>>16496311
She would initiate conversation just about every day before we met in person, and continue talking to me all day. I don't get how wanting to keep in touch a bit after meeting her would be considered invading her life.
>>
>>16495652
Just let it go and enjoy your own holiday, man.

You have important things to do too, not worry over some girl. Let her enjoy her days off.

You probably didn't blow it, however in the future, I find it's best not to text the next day, unless she's ALL over it (texting you first and double texting and shit). Even then, be brief.

Texting is for making plans, or for short building of rapport before the date.
>>
Remember the #1 rule: don't put the pussy on a pedestal.

Right now her approval is more important to you than your own sanity. That has to stop.
>>
>>16496325
Yeah, sorry, "invade" was a bit strong.

>>16496326
This guy explain it better.
>>
If thats her id take another stab at the poon but tinder is wide and far,many plenty but realisticly a dropoff is usually a cya.
Thats the beauty of online dating you lose nothing by being a field player and losses on the hotter chicks dont hurt that bad cuz theres 3 more to see the same week.
>>
>>16496326
>>16496334

You guys are right. But she was so stoked about meeting me she took off work and shit, so I'm just worried I fucked up. And its gonna be hard to enjoy the holiday, tell my mom I'm going on one date and she blabs it to the whole family and now they'll be hounding me with questions like I have a gf now.
>>
>>16496341
Moms are just like that, they get all excited and shit.

If she took off work you've probably made a pretty good impression, unless you're like WAY uglier than you seem on your profile.

Seriously, forget about her for the holiday and pick it back up on the opposite end. I personally would wait until she said something first, even if it's small.
>>
>>16496348
I have only 2 tinder pictures, but well before the date I sent her one of me and she had me on Facebook for a bit, so she had to have gotten a better look right? The thing is, I was nervous af when meeting her, but I tried my best to be cool and we did talk alot. I bet my social anxiety made me off putting. If so, fuck everyone, because it takes some serious balls to go downtown to one of the biggest cities in the country to meet a total stranger, when you have social anxiety that is.
>>
Thats just an opportunity to fuck with your family.Tell your mom yall got engaged and your looking to have kids when she gets back.Tweak for whatever laughs you need but dont focus on the beotch.Downt dew it.Know you wanna replay it and see if when you grabbed for her panties if that was bad but fuck that.Go back to tinder and find 3 other chicks to talk to till thanksgiving is over.More of a dick you are better chances you have.
>>
>>16496372

Its hard to find anyone good on tinder. Last one was a qt but 4 years younger than me an immature, this one looks like Taylor swift and is a year older than me and pretty damn awesome. I get matched with tons of chicks but only 1/200 are any good.
>>
>>16496358
Nah you're probably alright.

If you guys talked for 5 fucking hours like you said, then I doubt you were off-putting, even a little bit.

5 hours is a LONG time for a date.
>>
>>16496389
She seemed short in her texts afterward, though she pretty much has been the whole week we texted prior to the date, making her seem super serious or cynical almost, but in person she was really warm and bubbly, smiled a lot, and maintained strict eye contact. Me being a nervous little sperg was really uncomfortable by her piercing eyes at first. Whenever she finished saying something or there was any brief pause she'd be staring right at me.
>>
>>16495652

Eventually you need to stop texting and just call.
>>
>>16496744
But when? Tonight? Next week? Never?
>>
Any more do's and don't? Its been nearly a full day since I heard from her. Hard to wait til next week, all I want is to know if she's down to see me again or not, the anxiety sucks.
>>
Maybe she was thinking you would get it on, and you didn't. You didn't say whether you did or not.
Just like when guys don't call a girl back, sounds like she's just not that into you. People who are into other people make an effort to see or talk to that person. It's that simple. Move on.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.