[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My girlfriend and I broke up tonight. I am absolutely devastated.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Arp4x.jpg (364 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Arp4x.jpg
364 KB, 1920x1080
My girlfriend and I broke up tonight. I am absolutely devastated.

How can I ever get over this? I love her so much, and we were together for three years, but now I have to throw all that away? All the dreams I had to spend my future with her I have to give up...?

I can't stop thinking that I will ever find anyone as good as her again, anyone that fits me so well. There is so much hate in the world. She was my light in the dark.

How can I get over this? It's hard to imagine ever not being depressed enough to date again.
>>
Go to her house, and throw her coffee pot against the wall, then take a baseball bat to her microwave
>>
Girls like it when you destroy their appliances.
>>
>>16495442
That was me a month ago. Time heals everything, keep yourself busy OP.
>>
>>16495442
First of all - who broke up with who, and why?
>>
>>16495442

>how can i ever get over this.

the same way everyone else has been getting over it for millions of years. you move on, then wait a bit, and the pain fades.

>throw it all away

nope. the relationship is over, but it was a fairly decent sized part of your life. it will always be there. the good, and of course the bad. regardless of which side wins out in your memories, you will never 'throw all that away'.

as for her, yeah, shes gone, and you aint getting back together.

>all the dreams i had

like getting married, having kids, and growing old? thats a pretty dumb dream to have desu senpai. you think of only this idealic world where its a montage, but in real life its working somewhere thats too stressful, coming home to bills and tears, and falling asleep wishing your wife looked the way she used to.

the american dream is just that, a dream.

>i wont find anyone as good as her again

you probably thought the same thing about the girls you dated before, and will likely think the same thing about girls you date after.

>she was my light in the dark

i know ur hurtin, but this is pretty whimpy.

any man who cannot enjoy being alone deserves to be.
>>
>>16495469

Good to know that it will end. Thanks buddy. Will try.
>>
>>16495487
This guy right here.

The world keeps turning, OP. If you weren't meant to move forward, your heart wouldn't be beating. Have your cry, feel the pain and push on. We all do.
>>
>>16495475

My girlfriend broke up with me. As for why, I was too busy at work to make plans for our anniversary. She got mad. We got into a few arguments. I said some mean things. She decided to move out for a few months (still living here), but she won't talk to me, so I just decided to move on...
>>
>>16495487

i know you are right. thank you.
>>
You dont want it back.. if you do you will give up so much power because you dont want to lose her again and you will become this little bitch boy... do you want to be her bitch? Then go on back to her.
The only way out is through: stay busy with gym and other improvements.. and upgrade to even better girl.
>>
>>16495581

i know you're right. it's just hard to think that way. i still love this girl with all my heart. it's painful to think of being with anyone else. thank you friend. I know i can't wallow forever.
>>
>>16495589
You'll know it's time for a new girl when it ISN'T painful to think of yourself with someone else. Only pursue it at that time. It could take a year or more. Everyone is different. Don't rush it. Let it happen naturally. Be the best man you can be, professionally, socially, physically, and the girl will fall into your lap.
>>
>>16495534
That's not a legitimate reason for breaking up. That's an excuse she gave you to cover up something else. When long term couples argue - they talk it out and fix the problem. Breaking up is a very final thing. It's communicating to the other person that you've lost interest in them. And that she just left without giving you any kind of closure is just added cruelty.

I'm not telling you this to be cruel though. Just giving you an older, outside perspective on this. From your responses on this thread, you've made it sound like you just want to move on from her, so I'll leave it at this.
>>
>>16495534
>>16495617

Who cares, they both look too childish for a relationship, it was better that way.
>>
>>16495617

No, I appreciate your thoughts, thank you.

I tried to talk about our relationship over and over before she even said she wanted to move out. And tonight, after she told me she wanted to move out, I wanted to talk with her. She did a little bit, explained to me the reasons... which were that she needed to move out so that we could start our relationship from scratch, a blank slate, and start over. Living together apparently makes it impossible for us to work out our issues. I said over and over that I fucked up, and I did everything I could to make things right...

Then she went to her room and when I tried to talk to her again later, she said she didn't want to talk. So I texted. She ignored all of it. So then I just said that I am moving on... I don't get it. It's like she does not care about our relationship.
>>
>>16495602

that's a good point. i doubt at this point trying to get another girl would work. i'm too depressed.

lifting weights seems to help
>>
>>16495630
Doesn't matter, a three year relationship ending abruptly is painful, no matter what age you're at. It's best to sift through the emotions and figure out what you can learn from this as soon as you can. Otherwise you can end up fit, rich, more experienced, etc in a year; but you'll still be holding on to that pain because you never confronted it and could become bitter from it. And that's no way to live a good life.
>>
>>16495633
It makes a lot more sense now. You smothered her by trying to talk about it and texting her. She's not ready or willing to listen now. It's not that she doesn't care, it's that she just doesn't know. You need to give her space, and you need space for yourself right now as well.
>>
>>16495651

i think you bring a very good point. one thing i am very afraid of is that this experience is so painful that it will make it difficult for me to date again... i really just need someone to talk it out with. god, counselors/therapists are expensive.
>>
>>16495660

you are right... certainly it's not that she doesn't care. i feel like i've already burned the bridge, but maybe there is a small chance of resuscitation. i will take your advice. thank you.
>>
>>16495442
holy shit friend. i'm so sorry for you. i know i know how it feels...the feeling is very familiar. it gets easier my friend. and remember, it may not be the end. if you're meant to be together you'll find a way. swallow your pride and get in contact with her, apologize. and mean it.
>>
File: 20.jpg (204 KB, 576x576) Image search: [Google]
20.jpg
204 KB, 576x576
>>
>>16495469
lol that was me a month ago and now i feel worse
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.