[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My mom caught what looks like a field mouse on a glue trap. Instead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: mouse traps.jpg (13 KB, 337x225) Image search: [Google]
mouse traps.jpg
13 KB, 337x225
My mom caught what looks like a field mouse on a glue trap. Instead of putting it out of its misery in a quick smack or something, she just put it in a plastic bag, tied it up, and threw it in the trash outside.

I'm a real sucker for animals, I even bother saving wasps that get in the house. Apparently you can use vegetable oil to free mice from glue traps. If I do that in a secure box, drive it at least a 45 min walk away, would it find its way back here?

It's either I kill it right away or I drive it somewhere to give it a second chance but I'm not going to have it suffer all night.
>>
>>16495174
In my opinion animals don't have real feeling so I'd say do nothing.... but...

Considering the subjective nature of your story, what are you actually asking advice for? If the mice would find its way back to your house? How would anybody on an anonymous message board know what the behaviors or some mouse are going to be?
>>
I'm pretty sure you could just drive it to the next house over and it wouldn't find its way back.

Also, throw out the rest of your mom's glue traps. They're a fucking horrible way to die.
>>
I had this same dilemma a few weeks ago, except I was too much of a pussy to do anything.

It's probably suffering right now, and hey, what's wrong with the quick wooden traps? Peanut butter at the end.
>>
>>16495209
>In my opinion animals don't have real feeling

most animals can be actively observed mourning, celebrating, and showing affection for mates

>>16495174

it's going to bother you if you don't, OP. go save it, and if it comes back, so be it. at least you stayed true to your feelings

be careful that it doesn't bite or scratch you
>>
>>16495174
Okay Captain Planet, you want to consider giving it a new lease on life? Pour some vegatable or corn oil its body and the creature will do the rest. The oil negates the glue
>>
Leaving an animal to starve to death while it's trapped in an uncomfortable position is super fucked up. That's like Guantanamo shit.
>>
Ok so by wearing a thick glove and pouring olive oil on it, I managed to free it. 20% my effort, it did most of the job. Is the fact that it's covered in olive oil a big deal? I sprayed a bit of water on it but there's not much I can do.
>>
>>16495326

It'll clean itself. But it's not like cooking oil is lethal poison or anything. It's great that you did the right thing.

Now throw away the rest of the traps.
>>
>glue traps
>using grossly inhumane traps to avoid having to deal with gore

and people look at me like im crazy when i say womens rights were a mistake
>>
I don't give two shits if pests suffer, but yea those glue traps are shit. Wait till a big rat gets in one and drags it all the way to a carpeted room, then flips it, and you step on the sqauling sticky mess in the middle of the night. Then you go to the hospital because it bit you to get checked for disease.

Fuck that, that's what my old roomettes used.

Just make a bucket trap, kills them via drowning. It's ruthlessly efficient but ultra clean. No worries or your dog finding it.

Also fuck rat poison because they just die in the walls.
>>
File: SIQ2s.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
SIQ2s.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>16495326
Good job OP. Even though it will probably get eaten by a Barn Owl or something a few days later, at least you can sleep consciously knowing it won't die a hideous death. Like >>16495335 said get rid of the rest. Why are there traps there anyway? Infestation? If not, then just tidy up. No accessible food = no mice. Maybe in the winter they might try to get in for warmth, but that's about it.
>>
>>16495316
>That's like Guantanamo shit.

Most animals deserve to be treated fairly, I cannot say the same for the ones at Guantanamo. Water boarding is good.
>>
>>16495326
Thank you anon
>>
>>16495326
It should be fine. Olive oil is harmless, and they make the glue non toxic generally. Would be bad for business if someones pet got into it.

>>16495316
Yeah I've never understood their popularity. This shit is worse than the traditional lethal traps imo.
>>
>>16495174
Former Pest Control here.

I have freed mice from glue traps using warm water.
Give it a continuous pouring (watch the face, it wont drown but for comfort reasons), and the glue will loosen up and the mice will break free.

Having said that.

They're fuckin food, man. All they do is die and get caught in things.
If it makes you feel any better, they probably lack the mental capacity for consciousness, and theyre more like little bio robots than feeling suffering beings.
>>
>>16495358
I prefer the guillotine.
>>
>>16495357
If it gets eaten by another animal, so be it. I literally wanted to give it a second chance at life so if that happens, it happens. I'd rather give something back to nature.
>>
>>16495369
>>16495369
On what scientific basis do you say that?

Or are you just saying that because you're making shit up, being ignorant enough to believe a mammal cannot suffer because you're trying to rationalise something?
>>
>>16495174
You have to kill your bitch mother in her sleep now. She has proven she's not human and doesn't have real feelings.

>>16495209
See above, faggot. Humans don't have real feelings.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.