[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop constantly fantasising about being sick, dying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: group suicide.jpg (35 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
group suicide.jpg
35 KB, 500x376
How do I stop constantly fantasising about being sick, dying or having something seriously physically wrong with me?
>>
OD on painkillers and get a liver disease.
>>
>>16493423
I don't want to die or get locked up in a nuthouse for attempting suicide.
>>
>>16493467
Do it faggot.
>>
>>16493494
I'd prefer something that isn't permanent just in case I ever come to my senses.
>>
Stick your hand into the garbage disposal.
>>
>>16493585
Americn style garbage crushers aren't really a thing in my country.

I don't even own a blender.
>>
>>16493370
Volunteer at a hospital. See first hand what people with those illnesses actually go through.

You're fantasizing because you don't actually understand what serious illness is. Once you experience it you will understand that it's terrible. But, if you volunteer and decide it's still cool or whatever, then you can go all in and die from whatever catches your fancy. At least you'll understand what you're getting into.

Same thing happens when guys fantasize about going to war. They go and then quickly realize it's hell.
>>
>>16493643
Do they let you do that?

Just walk in and start messing with sick people?
>>
>>16493651
Talk to them and find out. Most places will welcome volunteers. If you can't get in a hospital then you can volunteer at a homeless shelter. It's not exactly the same, but you are bound to see some people who are very sick. More often they have mental illnesses, but those often lead to physical ailments from poor personal care.

The point is, to cure yourself of the delusion you need exposure of some kind. Find a way to be around or talk to people who are truly sick and you will understand what life is like for them.
>>
>>16493643
This is a good idea, but won't cure your psychological problem.

You could be doing this because you feel uncared for and the fantasies make you feel cared for, or you feel like a victim and are roleplaying this in your daydreams, or a number of other reasons. I can't tell you which it is without knowing you well. See a therapist and work on it with them.
>>
>>16493666
Okay.

That does sound illegal as hell, though.

I'll have to see what I can find. I don't think homeless shelters are really a thing in my country, though. I have no idea where they disappear during the winter but I never see vagabonds during cold weather.
>>
>>16493682
What part sounds illegal? What country are you in? I don't understand how volunteering could be illegal.
>>
>>16493735
How the fuck do you let a random freak off the street walk into a hospital and start messing with sick people like that's not endangerment? I could kill some granny for all they know.
>>
>>16493678

>You could be doing this because you feel uncared for and the fantasies make you feel cared for

Came in to say this.

I have known a few people like this, one was a full blown hypochondriac. They were just lonely and had at some point in their lives learned that you get attention when people think there is something wrong with you.
>>
>>16493767
Then what should I do?
>>
>>16493781

The only thing I can think of is go outside, smile, then talk to people.

Once you make friends you'll likely stop fantasizing about being sick, at least that is what I have seen in the past.
>>
>>16493808
But I do have friends.
>>
>>16493370
What do you think you'll get out of being sick or dying that you don't currently get out of life? Attention from others? Sympathy? The care and kindness from everyone around you you've always felt you've deserved but never gotten?

A lot of the time these fantasies stem from unrealistic expectations of the world, inflated senses of self-importance, or an idea that self-worth comes from validation from others.

You need to get real with yourself and realize what it is you think you'll gain from being like that, and then finding a diffrent way of achieving it.

Oh hey, and being sick like that is agonizing and life sucks all the time in a way you don't can't even comprehend. You do not yet know suffering, boy. Your paltry depression+anxiety schtick is nothing.
>>
>>16493821
To have an excuse to not achieve as much in life, I guess. To have a reason to be below average.
>>
File: pepe_948.jpg (4 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
pepe_948.jpg
4 KB, 225x225
>>16493841
>as much
>below average
kill yourself.
>>
>>16493820

Are they true friends or are they just people who feel sorry for you because you do your whole victim routine with them?
>>
>>16493890
I don't do a victim routine for them. I 100% know I've got it better than any of they do.
>>
I would say go see a psychiatrist. If you can't afford to do that, use the internet to find other people who have had it and learn from them. 4chan is not ideal.
>>
>>16493915
>4chan is not ideal

This is the best place I've found.
>>
>>16493758
It doesn't work like that. You likely wouldn't be working directly with anyone, and if you did it would probably be with supervision. And they don't just let you walk in and start doing things, you'd have to go through an interview process most likely. It's still a job, you're just not getting paid.
>>
>>16494201
And you think they'll take me?

I have a mental record.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.