[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>own my own business, take $120,000/yr >have good /fa/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: 1436394956152.jpg (219 KB, 1273x1024) Image search: [Google]
1436394956152.jpg
219 KB, 1273x1024
>own my own business, take $120,000/yr
>have good /fa/ sense
>okay sized cock, 6 inches
>bachelor's degree, working on my master's
>6'0"
but
>no car, don't even know how to drive*
>live with mother**
>haven't been on a date in nine years

*I live in a metropolitan city, it's less than ideal to drive because public transit is more than adequate
**it's more like she lives with me. I own the house, I just don't want my mother to be alone.

Am I hopeless?
>>
Your new priority in life just became learning how to drive, and then buying a car.

Who gives a fuck if you don't NEED to drive, KNOWING how to is what counts. Besides, most normal chicks (/adv/ girls do not count whatsoever) find it a turn off if you have no car or licence.
>>
No, the car thing isn't a problem at all since you live in a city and the mother thing could be a dealbreaker to some girls but the rest more than makes up for it. Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with living with your parents as long as you're saving up money but this doesn't really apply to your case since she's living with you so whatever.
>>
>>16493037
>Your new priority in life just became learning how to drive
I agree with this somewhat
>and then buying a car.
but am on the fence about this, see below.

A lot of people in big cities don't own a car and nobody cares. That being said, as a business owner it might be a good idea to have a vehicle in case you need to take trips out of town or out of state, and I'm sure you can find a way to write off travel expenses to help defray some of the cost. And thinking about it, it might seem a little "off" to girls if you're an entrepreneur and don't at least have a business vehicle. But you have to look at your budget, potential tax writeoffs, parking costs, insurance, etc. and decide if it's worth it.

As for your mom, yeah it helps that she's living with you and not you living with her; but a girl might also look at that and ask herself how many years she's going to spend helping take care of her mother-in-law if you and she become serious about each other. A lot of single people live with roommates too, so if you live with someone and she lives with someone, it cuts down on the number of places you can comfortably meet for sexytimes.
>>
>>16493024
Where do you live OP? In some cities that have adequate public transportation it's more than acceptable to not own a car or know how to drive.

The whole 'living with your mother' issue is kinda another story though but it depends on how old you are I guess.
>>
>>16493024
>120,000/yr
You're set, m8.
Don't sweat it, just go to a driving academy

>Haven't been on a date
Don't sweat that either. Go join a club or something. Something you'd love to learn and something that is flooded with grills.
>>
>>16493117
>A lot of single people live with roommates too, so if you live with someone and she lives with someone, it cuts down on the number of places you can comfortably meet for sexytimes.

I mean, I can see OP not bringing a girl home to bang since he lives with his mom but since when has having roommates stopped people from having sex at their own place in the privacy of their own room? No girl I've ever dated has ever said "we can't have sex at my place because my roommate is home" and there has also been plenty of sex had at my house when roommates are home too. It's just something that's understood; people have sex, and as long as you're in your room behind a closed door then it's acceptable.
>>
>there are people who make more money than I do and can't even drive

Fuck this gay earth.
>>
Your fine. Have fun dating and don't rush into anything. I'm sure stereotypes about living with mothers wouldn't apply to you.
>>
OP, do you live in New York City? Are you Jewish?
>>
>>16493024
>120k
>Fit
>Big dick
>Hasnt been on a date in 9 years
Hmmm... Something isn't quite right about this. Something is being left out or exaggerated because those three things add up to easy pussy 24/7
>>
>>16493213
He could just be socially retarded. I drove a brand new Mercedes when I was 20, and I also own a summer house in France, yet I've nver met a golddigger. Not even that ugly, too, just socially retarded.
>>
>>16493218
How is that even fucking possible? You're rich and not ugly. Go out and get free pussy. Like holy shit you can get it so fucking easy yet you're wasting it. Why?
>>
>>16493226
Its not free if you EVEN gotta drive her somewhere
>>
>>16493213
I mean, he could also be socially reclusive or only hangs out with a small group of the same friends and never really meets new people. You gotta make some sort of effort to meet new people, especially if you don't go out all the time or don't work around a lot of people.

When I started my own business (working mainly from home with only a couple of seasonal employees) I noticed that my social life declined dramatically not because I was too busy but just because I wasn't forced to leave the house every day and interact with people at work. This in turn meant that I wasn't a part of spontaneous events like going out for a drink after work with my co-workers or getting dragged along to a friend-of-a-friend's party that people would talk about at work. I got in the habit of just staying home pretty much all the time and only leaving the house 2-3 days a week when I had to run errands (bank, post office, grocery shopping, etc.). I learned that if I wanted a social life then I'd have to actually contact people myself and ask about what was going on that weekend or invite people over to my place for a cook-out. It began to take effort to maintain a social life where before it seemed like my social life maintained itself just due to being in the proximity of other people every day.
>>
>>16493230
Sorry, guys like me have to invest lots of money and time just to get an average girl. This mother fucker just has to lightly flaunt his money and he'll get good looking woman to hop on his dick.
>>
>>16493037
I think this depends on where you live, US or EU.
Feels to me like having a car license in US is a "thing", while here in EU, nobody gives a shit if you can or can not drive a car.
>>
>>16493268
In most major cities in the US there isn't any sort of "adequate" public transportation. There also isn't anything like the vast passenger train network found throughout Europe that can easily take you from one metro area to another
>>
>>16493238

You're not wrong. I've been fairly reclusive most of my life while I focused on school and work. It's only in the last couple years have I grown out of it and am more confident, but the lack of experience especially in the dating scene makes me a little apprehensive.
>>
>>16493337
What exactly do you have to be nervous about? You're rich and decent looking. Fucking fuck you make me more and more upset with each post
>>
>>16493218
you even have a car, you could just
>drive up to a club in your car
>go into the club, dangle your car keys, flash some cards and cash around, you could just go full autistic and say "the Mercedes outside is mine, anyone wan sum fuk?"
>and you would have gotten it
>>
>>16493024
>>no car, don't even know how to drive
Learn how to drive and own a car OP, even if public transportation is more convenient. It's a great skill to have, will make dating more convenient and will raise the attraction level of your women. Think long term here.

Also, I don't think you're mom living with you would be too much of an issue. Some girls will think it's sweet and like that you have a close bond with your mother and treat her right. Some will, some won't. The ones that don't are the ones you don't keep around.

And for the love of whoever, please don't be one of those guys who is great with business but terrible with women. Have some backbone, stand up to her if you have too, don't be a doormat. Treat your women like you would business.
>>
>>16493411
>And for the love of whoever, please don't be one of those guys who is great with business but terrible with women. Have some backbone, stand up to her if you have too, don't be a doormat. Treat your women like you would business.

Oh god, yes. I've got several friends who are very successful in their professional lives but cannot stand up to their wives/girlfriends at all. It's sad seeing someone who has no problem whatsoever being in a management position over 100+ people or is in charge of millions of dollars of operations but lets their woman treat them like shit and walk all over them.
>>
>Still live with mom
You better have a good fucking reason, the type of money you make approaches "mom you don't gotta work" money
>Can't drive yet
That's simple, 60 hours behind the wheel and you'll be fine. Driving school and should be no skin off your back.
>No car
Well, fuck, you can more than afford one. Go buy one.

And if you can't get girls after doing all that and going to social settings, you have no hope and you need to give me all your stuff.
>>
>>16493024
What buisness do you own? I have a car and live with my mom. I just need a way to get out, Im afraid im not a good enough programmer since i lost my job. Now i need my own buisness... and you inspire me =)
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.