[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do i deal with the social pressure of consuming alcohol?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1446700892608.jpg (126 KB, 480x608) Image search: [Google]
1446700892608.jpg
126 KB, 480x608
How do i deal with the social pressure of consuming alcohol? I'm 18 and people treat me like an alien if i say i don't drink.
I am not religious. I just don't like alcohol.
>>
>>16492826
hang out with people who don't drink?
>>
tell people you're an alcoholic
>>
>>16492838
worst. advice. ever
>>
>>16492826
It's not uncommon to react mildly surprised when people say they don't drink, but if your friends are actively pushing you to consume alcohol against your wishes, you need new friends.

Stand your ground.
>>
Drink Coke and say it's alcohol. Those of us who get drunk a lot don't even second guess or comprehend logic after a while.
>>
>>16492826
Say that you become violent when drunk, the last time you got drunk, you almost killed a man.
>>
>>16492845
why? they're not gonna bother you about it if you tell them that
>>
>>16492867
they still do. They say one drink won't hurt and shit like that. Like I said, just say drunk you will fly into a homicidal rage
>>
>>16492826
In your age group, drinking is a social experience so when you say you don't like alcohol and don't want to drink you're essentially saying you don't want to participate in that group activity. That's perfectly acceptable but don't assume that everyone will be ok with your decision.
>>
Just pour yourself half a cup of beer and hold it in your hand.
>>
>>16492826
just say no, they eventuall will get tired of asking you to drink
>>
>>16492904
Also, OP, get better friends. I hate friends who pressure others into doing something when they should just accept that people are different and that there are much healthier things to bond over

So yeah I don't see how those friends should not be ok with OP's decision, as if alcohol is the only thing holding them together as a social group. Puking over each other sounds like shit bonding
>>
Just stand your ground, I get the same reaction but I haven't caved into peer pressure
>>
This happened to me when I hit 18. I gave into the pressure I hated it. I ended up addicted to alcohol and in allot of situations which I will never beable to undo. Alcohol is not a big deal try and find other friends who do not drink.
>>
>>16492826
Just tell them you used to have a horrible drinking problem. That you got date raped once and have an std from it lol
>>
>>16492826
You need new friends. Take a break restart everything and your life is solved
>>
Then don't go out to drink. Tell people you don't like to drink.
Also >>16492831
>>
>>16492826
"I don't like the taste. I'm happy with my Coke. Change the subject"
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.