[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What to do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1447539678867.png (177 KB, 802x699) Image search: [Google]
1447539678867.png
177 KB, 802x699
I am 19 year old I recently started studying to be a pastry cook, the problem is I loathe the thing completely can't stand it. Why have I chosen it then? Well, my parents forced me to pick somewhere to study, and I have chosen this area, without prior research, basically on a whim. It's not my passion and never will be.

I thought about just dropping the whole thing and go to work and earn some income, but my parents are forcing me to stay on this program till it ends (It's 1 Year only). I would stay if these studies would not interfere with my real passion which is music, art, lifting, and vidya, I love creating music, drawing. That is my passion that's what I want to do in life.

How do I go about? I don't want to work as pastry cook when I finish IF I finish these studies, what job would you recommend to do (I can do manual work no problem) that doesn't require college degree, or gives training on the spot. I'd love to work part-time. I don't party,smoke or go out so money should be enough.

Sorry if it's all mumbo jumbo. I am basically lost, and don't know how to turn my passion into something that I can do majority of my time, and only earn money on the side so I can support myself, if that makes any sense.
>>
>>16492809
hsve you tried telling your parents you're more talented at art and will have more success doing it? (That might be a half-lie because talent is overrated, interest and effort matters more, but most people want to hear that). So that you can transfer to studying it
>>
>>16492824
They won't listen, and to be fair I am not as good to be enrolling into some art or music school ( I think its waste of money to be exact) and I do agree that talent without dedication is nothing
>>
>>16492853
Start creating art masterpieces with your pastries. The world is your canvas.
>>
>>16492895
In my school I am being taught how to bake and overall preparation not actually decorating them, It seems that I am being taught how to work in massive shops, and not in small stores where you can actually decorate or do something with the muffins etc. But as I said I don't see the future as pastry cook for me.
>>
>>16492853
In that case, construction or being a mechanic, even a plumber, can pay pretty alright. Drop out and take up an appreticeship with one of the above mentioned. Work at the lower levels, save up money to go to trade school, then you can make even more
>>
>>16492935
Interesting, I may consider plumber, what about security guard o chauffeur
>>
>>16492974
In those cases, you are paid by someone else, it's a fixed salary. For what I listed, the comfy salary is made from being able to rip people off, since most don't know and/or don't care to know how to fix their car/sink/house
>>
>>16492988
thank you for your insight, maybe you have more jobs to share?
>>
>>16493023
If you want to be artistic, and go the not-college route, there's also being a tattooist. All start by apprenticeship so that's a good thing but you don't make much financially. Still, you might find it fun.
>>
>>16492809
You do know that what you do for a living need not be who you are, don't you? Many people work at jobs that give them no special fulfillment, but buy them the leisure time to do what does feed their souls.

A job as a chef can pay the bills and let you find your joys elsewhere.
>>
>>16493472
Sure thing bud, but when the 8,10 hour shift is over, you come home, you can barely stay focused on practicing on instrument or drawing
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.