[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been seeing my friends ex for about a month now. We
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: Snapchat-535117565222414625.jpg (95 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-535117565222414625.jpg
95 KB, 480x800
I've been seeing my friends ex for about a month now. We agrees to keep it a secret. I told him tonight because she's still totally into him. I told her I told him and now she's pissed and barely talking to me. What do I say? I was totally honest with her.
>>
If you agreed not to tell him, and then told him anyway how is that honest?
Either way, move on. Don't get involved with friends' exes.
>>
>>16492765
Because I didn't throw her under the bus. I told him he needs to get back with her or else he wouldn't have felt as bad as he did. I couldn't just be a third wheel and watch them get chummy.
>>
>>16492743
you did the right thing OP. He is your friend, she isn't and was just using you as a place holder out of convenience. Even if your friend wasn't the guy she was still hung up on you shouldn't waste your time with her.
>>
>>16492797
She's saying I played her, all this shit, because he sorta freaked on her, saying she keked him. I'm really trying to tell her it wasn't out of spite. I told her I told him that if he's gonna be with her then be with her, if not then don't lead her the fuck on.
>>
>>16492811
*keked
>>
>>16492811
>>16492815
>doing it wrong twice
>>
>>16492823
I hate my phone. Should wait it out and see if she'll talk to me? Or is it completely over. I did have feels for her.
>>
>>16492811
Bullshit she wanted her cake and eat it too. She would have dropped your ass in a second any time he called. You know it, he knows it and she knows it. She fucked up by not choosing a guy outside the circle but then again that guy may not have kept the secret either and wanted the relationship public.
>>
>>16492832
you never had a legitimate shot OP but I don't blame you for forcing a decision. Don't be the transition guy especially with a friend involved regardless if he gives a shit for her or not. She wants him not you.
>>
>>16492843
It's not thatch wanted it public, it's that yeah she would have dropped me. I can't be with someone who's still hung on someone else.
>>
>>16492775
>>16492832
Wat? I'm having trouble figuring out the story here. Why did they break up, and who did the breaking up? Did he freak out on her after they'd already broken up? Which one wasn't over it
And did you somehow think this ends with her being with you? Sounds like any/all relationships between you three are screwed.
>>
>Being involved with a friends' ex

It's not only the golden rule of friendships, but it's also common fucking sense - NEVER see a friends' ex.

You deadshit moron. Enjoy the emotional pain, and HOPEFULLY you learn your lesson the hardest way possible.
>>
>>16492862
Me and him are tight. No worries there
>>
>>16492865
.........for now.
You are gonna learn. I guarantee it.
>>
>>16492861
We were just seeing each other at first. He broke up with her months ago and she wasn't over him. They were on good terms, and when I told him last night he freaked because he's been thinking about getting back together. I told him that that's not how it works. You can't get mad at someone because you were "thinking about" getting back with them. Then he freaked on her, she's saying I played her, I've sent too many texts to her with no response, and here we are.
>>
>>16492873
We're all good,and he's going to talk to her when sshe gets back in a few days. I told him that at this point if he doesn't get back with her, I'm going for it.
>>
>>16493496
>I told him that at this point if he doesn't get back with her, I'm going for it.
You're a shitty person and a shitty friend. Because of your greed, even if he does get back together with her, they're going to slowly oust you from their lives so that he can feel comfortable with her again. He'll always check her phone, wondering if she's still in contact with you. Even if he has no reason to worry, because she genuinely likes him, he's going to feel unsettled by you. What the hell were you thinking? Every move you've made is one giant fuck up after another. You've put too much pressure on him to get back together with her and you've destroyed your friendship with both in the foreseeable future.

>>16492865
>Me and him are tight. No worries there
You have no idea what you've brought upon yourself. Of course things are fine NOW, but just wait until he's emotionally invested in her again.
>>
>>16493522

>I broke her trust by telling her ex the one thing she didn't want him to know
>no big, if he don't go for it, i'll go for it
>still believes she'd want to be with you after breaking her trust that fucking hard

You retarded son? You think she's going to want to be with someone who can't keep a secret that big? You've destroyed any possibility of trust.
>>
Meant for >>16493528 to go to >>16493496, not to >>16493522 who understands how it's going to be
>>
>>16493522
I know what I did. He and I have been through worse. And shes already emotionally invested in him again. Like the other anon said, as soon as he hit her up she dropped my ass. I cancelled my plans to hang out with her on my birthday because of it. Going to drive to the town half hour away instead. I knew I was going to get the short and if this stick, I usually do.
>>
>>16493528
What was I supposed to do? What happened happened and I couldn't keep him in the dark. She had it out for him, he was thinking about getting back together with her (unbeknownst to me), and she was going to drop me like a fucking fly anyways.
>>
>>16493541
>And shes already emotionally invested in him again.
I said he, not she. She's always been invested in him and kept you as a stand-in. He broke away and it's going to take some time before he's invested in her. And when that time comes, all hell is going to break loose.

>He and I have been through worse.
Oh? What could be worse than having a constant sinking feeling of being betrayed by, not only your best friend, but your lover. You can't easily trust either, and you're always going to be looking over your shoulder. Unless you're talking about death of a loved one, or something on that emotional level, then no, you haven't been through worse. Jealousy and heartache can drastically change people.

>Like the other anon said, as soon as he hit her up she dropped my ass.
Doesn't matter. You still put your friend in a shitty situation and you're going to eventually regret it.

>I knew I was going to get the short and if this stick, I usually do.
Because you made stupid choices that led to this outcome when you should have honestly known better. Do you think that the world is against you or that you just have bad luck? Because this is all the result of YOUR actions. Don't get emotionally invested in people that don't want you. Don't betray friends either.

You need to take a good, hard look at your life and the decisions you've made.
>>
>>16493558
>What was I supposed to do?
Disappear from her life so that you could move on and finally meet someone that actually wants YOU? Because you shouldn't have been that close to her in the first place.
>>
>>16493578
>And when that time comes, all hell is going to break loose.

I don't think so. I understand what you're saying and yeah, I have nobody to blame but myself. But distancing myself is no problem. I did it when they were saying I can do it again.
>>
>>16493584
She's the one who instigated it. But I agree
>>
>>16493615
>She's the one who instigated it.
Jesus Christ, it's like a kid about to be punished for being naughty and shouting, "But they started it!" You have a working, thinking brain and no one forced you into anything. It doesn't matter who started it, only the actions that followed.
>>
>>16493636
I know. I'm not trying to defend it, but I'm also not trying to give the impression that this is a regular thing. It's not. Hence posting here.
>>
>>16492743
Scumbucket... hopefully one of your homies will do the same to you one day.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.