[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I live in NYC as a 20 something poor person if I live in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: tmp_31593-NYAMC1-ESB1775165719.jpg (108 KB, 900x370) Image search: [Google]
tmp_31593-NYAMC1-ESB1775165719.jpg
108 KB, 900x370
Can I live in NYC as a 20 something poor person if I live in a black neighborhood?
>>
>>16492046
>Can I live in NYC as a 20 something poor person if I live in a black neighborhood?
Sure. But it's going to be hell if you're not black and you're not trained in self-defense.
>>
>>16492046
Are you black?

People will look at you funny and possibly target you for robberies and shit if you're the only guy living in the projects
>>
>>16492057
No I'm white but its worth the risk
>>
What exactly do you have to gain by moving to the city?

I lived in Bed Stuy for awhile, it really took a toll on my nerves. And for what, so I could sit on the subway an hour a day to get to my dead end job? New York isn't the place to do that.
>>
>>16492078
I live around rednecks in the most poor depressed place in the country and I hate my family and everyone around me and I have a career in music
>>
You can technically do it but know that it's where the richest of the rich and the poorest of the poor live in the same city, so you'll be around some rather poor folks
>>
>>16492126
Not true all the blacks from NYC come here for college and they're all way richer than us
>>
>>16492134
>Not true all the blacks from NYC come here for college and they're all way richer than us
Yeah, ALL of them, right.
>>
>>16492046
as in afford living there? maybe. things will be tough though. find a flat with roomates?
>>
>>16492137
Literally all of them. They come from Harlem and Bronx and they have iphones and designer clothes and we all have straight talk phones and cheap clothes
>>
File: 1437976965230.jpg (29 KB, 411x428) Image search: [Google]
1437976965230.jpg
29 KB, 411x428
Absolutely do not move to a bog city unless you got some sort of good paying job lined up. Cities are nasty places, they are for the rich and the poor congregate for the scraps. Go to a suburb, work in construction or some other labor job.
>>
>>16492165
The only way to get rich is to live near the money
>>
It's still going to be very very expensive.
>>
>>16492056
this. Don't flaunt your shit, keep them hidden, don't have your earbuds in, have running shoes on, be in shape, maybe carry some mags openly, have a gun and know how to use it
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.